Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 10:47 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,578,536 times

Advertisements

The article indicates that illegal aliens have a 70% labor force participation rate in New York, which surpasses the rate for citizens and legal residents. How do they know the percentage of employed illegals, if they don’t know “who” they are?

Quote:
While many open-borders advocates would point to the fact that illegal aliens hold 54 percent of the city’s dishwashing jobs, and assert that they only do the jobs that “Americans won’t do,” the reality is that illegal aliens are allowed to perform many jobs that millions of Americans would readily accept.
New York's sanctuary policy is greatly contributing to high unemployment rate - National Immigration reform | Examiner.com

Last edited by Benicar; 12-28-2010 at 11:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 01:58 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,677,304 times
WOW this is ridiculous. Bloomberg is largely to blame for this. He caters to them. HE bends over backwards to protect them. Now he wants to run for President.

Please get this guy out office and away from politics.
Wrong for America & wrong for NY

Old 12-28-2010, 03:14 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,578,536 times
I simply don’t understand why more people are not complaining about the blatant displacement of legal workers. It’s almost as though there has been a mass hypnosis. The level of apathy is pathetic.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:32 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,309,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
WOW this is ridiculous. Bloomberg is largely to blame for this. He caters to them. HE bends over backwards to protect them. Now he wants to run for President.

Please get this guy out office and away from politics.
Wrong for America & wrong for NY
Bloomberg sleeps on the job non-stop.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:38 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,849,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I simply don’t understand why more people are not complaining about the blatant displacement of legal workers. It’s almost as though there has been a mass hypnosis. The level of apathy is pathetic.
I'd have to agree with you, sad to say. I posted the same article in the UE forum and not a single response, outraged or otherwise.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:00 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,165,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Bloomberg sleeps on the job non-stop.
He sure slept with snow removal from the blizzard; unless you live in the Upper East side of Manhattan that is.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:41 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,040,563 times
All our mayors seem to love the illegals. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:37 PM

952 posts, read 943,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
All our mayors seem to love the illegals. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why.

even more curious are the populations which routinely elect and re-elect these reprobate "leaders"

evidently, so little is their regard for America, or so great is their disdain; it is irrelevent that the U.S. is overrun by scofflaws, Reconquistas, identity thieves, drug-runners, and the welfare expectant---who break and enter, demand entititlements, "rights", education, health care, citizenship, and more.

Across this Nation; City Councils, Mayors, Govenors, Senators, Congressional Repesentatives, and Presidents are aided by a "politically correct" media, and a populace infected by liberalism, apologists, enablers, bleeding-hearts, leftists, 'progressives', Utopians, Dems eager to bribe for votes in exchange for cherished citizenship, and Corporate, as well as Small- business Leaders, clamoring for cheap labor.

America pummeled and assailed from without, withstood

....until betrayed from within

Old 12-30-2010, 11:53 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,448,031 times
(NY Mayor)Bloomgerg sounds like another (LA Mayor)Antonio Villaraigosa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration