Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 08:41 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
I think illegals ARE immoral. They know they are doing wrong breaking America's laws, that's why they sneak over here. Something that's wrong is immoral, them being Catholics makes them all the more immoral. The Mexican and So. American poor that did not choose to break laws made the right moral decision.
This quote epitomizes this entire forum. I am Catholic - and up until today I did not realize that made me an immoral person. Thank you for your enlightening and compassionate remarks.

(And as an oh by the way... a lot of these immoral illegals are actually Evangelicals. This has been a trend in Mexico over the past 15-20 years. Probably same stuff you listen to, I would imagine.)

Last edited by bily4; 07-24-2007 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: so I dont get in trouble. ;)

Old 07-24-2007, 09:46 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
This quote epitomizes this entire forum. I am Catholic - and up until today I did not realize that made me an immoral person. Thank you for your enlightening and compassionate remarks.

(And as an oh by the way... a lot of these immoral illegals are actually Evangelicals. This has been a trend in Mexico over the past 15-20 years. Probably same stuff you listen to, I would imagine.)
Just a question for you and please don't answer me with another question.

How do you feel about your church and the Pope covering up the molesters in the Catholic Church?

Old 07-24-2007, 09:51 AM

The molesters are scumbags and should burn in hell and anyone who covered it up will get theirs on the day of reckoning. Ted Haggart might burn in hell for being gay and Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, etc might burn in hell for thier prostitutes and ethics scandals, but I am not sure about that. I will leave that up to the Big Guy.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
The molesters are scumbags and should burn in hell and anyone who covered it up will get theirs on the day of reckoning.
I like your answer but, that was not my question. Did you edit your answer or did I just miss reading part of it ? Sorry. Also my question only had to do with the cover up of child molesters not Johns or gays !

Old 07-24-2007, 10:00 AM

OK...I feel bad about it?? Or where are you going with this??

Last edited by bily4; 07-24-2007 at 10:10 AM..

Old 07-24-2007, 10:04 AM

745 posts, read 1,297,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
People need to stop complaining about illegal aliens, and instead direct their energies to the upper-class gated community elitists who support the supplantation of America's middle and working classes. As soon as the people who live in mansions behind iron gates feel their livelihood may change for the worse, the problems with immigration will end. Until then, worrying about border fences, people loitering in front of Home Depot, etc. does nothing to correct the root of the problem, and that is what we need to focus on.
I think the upper-class is only part of the problem. The middle and lower classes also enjoy the benefits of illegal workers. Low wage illegal workers keep prices low for all Americans.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
OK...I feel bad about it?? Or where are you going with this??

I'm going no where with it...-30-

Old 07-24-2007, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I'm going no where with it...-30-
I knew that already, but I appreciate you confirming...

Old 07-24-2007, 01:30 PM

185 posts, read 355,333 times
Of course there are far too many incentives for illegals, we're trying to fix that by stopping our "leaders" from pandering to corporations rather than putting the needs of 300,000,000 tax paying, American citizens first.

But I put most of the blame squarly on the shoulders of illegal aliens. It is a birthright for Mexicans to break into America and continue the rape of my country. American children dream of growing up to become a fireman, teacher, doctor, etc. Mexicans dream of growing up and crossing the border illegally with no thought to the issue of morality or consequences.

The proof is mingling with them in public as in the shopping mall. Their belligerence, arrogance and sense of entitlement is staggaring! Their disrespect for our way of life, culture and language. They are rude, loud and pushy.

There are 30,000,000 illegals here and only about 7,000,000 working. What are the other 23,000,000 doing? How many toilet cleaners and lettuce puckers do we need? Millions of day laborers are standing around all day doing nothing, out of a group of 100 I would guess that maybe 30 get to work each day, the rest are loitering (which used to be illegal) at least, commiting crimes at worst.

It took immigrants over 200 years to build this country, illegal aliens are tearing it down overnight.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
Of course there are far too many incentives for illegals, we're trying to fix that by stopping our "leaders" from pandering to corporations rather than putting the needs of 300,000,000 tax paying, American citizens first.

But I put most of the blame squarly on the shoulders of illegal aliens. It is a birthright for Mexicans to break into America and continue the rape of my country. American children dream of growing up to become a fireman, teacher, doctor, etc. Mexicans dream of growing up and crossing the border illegally with no thought to the issue of morality or consequences.

The proof is mingling with them in public as in the shopping mall. Their belligerence, arrogance and sense of entitlement is staggaring! Their disrespect for our way of life, culture and language. They are rude, loud and pushy.

There are 30,000,000 illegals here and only about 7,000,000 working. What are the other 23,000,000 doing? How many toilet cleaners and lettuce puckers do we need? Millions of day laborers are standing around all day doing nothing, out of a group of 100 I would guess that maybe 30 get to work each day, the rest are loitering (which used to be illegal) at least, commiting crimes at worst.

It took immigrants over 200 years to build this country, illegal aliens are tearing it down overnight.
OK I'll bite. Aside from this post being extremely racist and offensive and just plain wrong.

A few quick takes.

1. Do you id people at the mall?

2. Come on over so I can show you all the trailer ignorant white people that live around here that are rude, loud and pushy. (and kind of fat, but I digress.)

3. Could you provide a source for your figures? Most accredited references have the illegals at 12-15 million.

4. 70% of 30 million is (do the math) is 21 million. You are saying 21 million people are "loitering at least, committing crimes at best." Again please provide your sources. I find this on the surface absolutely ridiculous and funny, but you may be have some secret intel I am not aware of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.