Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 10:25 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,305,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
I dont vigilanes either. .
Que??

Quote:
Obama need to step up or we WILL see vigilantes here in Arizona.
Deportations have doubled under Obama since the days of Bush. I'd say that is rather impressive. Too bad you blame him and not Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 04:09 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,840,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc;18618886[COLOR=red
]The U. S. Constitution provides that the federal government shall come to the rescue of any border state facing threats from a foreign country.[/color] So actually, Arizona should sue the federal government.
The US constitution says what? Really?

If you would like the constitution to provide that the Federal govenment come to the rescue of a border state, then that can be written into the constitution as a new amendment.

I dont know what a bunch of law makers on the border could do, but if thats what you want...

Old 04-07-2011, 04:45 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,119,818 times
Quote:
I dont vigilanes either. Obama need to step up or we WILL see vigilantes here in Arizona.
Agreed, nobody likes the idea but if the folks in Washington continue to do nothing then We the People have no choice ...

Old 04-07-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Agreed, nobody likes the idea but if the folks in Washington continue to do nothing then We the People have no choice ...
The people dont have to wait for Obama or Washington...they can "man" border anytime they like.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:29 PM

2,623 posts, read 3,157,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Give random people who despise the people coming in guns and no oversight? What could go wrong.
Better to erect double fences, about 20 feet apart. Plant land mines, 1 every square foot between the fences. Electrify both fences. Establish crossing stations where needed & only those showing documentation come in.

I have no problem with immigrants. Anyone is welcome who seeks a better life. We should make it relatively easy to move here, but also require good ID, references, etc. to be sure who comes here & why. Not knowing who comes is suicide. Letting people come in on visas & losing track of them is not much better.

Last edited by jmellc; 04-07-2011 at 06:02 PM..

Old 04-07-2011, 06:00 PM

2,623 posts, read 3,157,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
The US constitution says what? Really?

If you would like the constitution to provide that the Federal govenment come to the rescue of a border state, then that can be written into the constitution as a new amendment.

I dont know what a bunch of law makers on the border could do, but if thats what you want...

Article IV, Section 4, United States Constitution

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government and protect each of them against Invasion.

I was slightly off. Not only border states are specified. Next question?

Old 04-08-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
Article IV, Section 4, United States Constitution

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government and protect each of them against Invasion.

I was slightly off. Not only border states are specified. Next question?
If you are contending that illegal immigration from the southren border is a form of invasion, where in the Constitution does it prescribe that Armed Military Froces are the only response?

One can contend that DHS/ICE and the USBP are federal forces battleing the "Invasion"...

You can advocate for Armed Military Forces. But nowhere in the Costitution does it say that Armed Military Forces are the only response to invasion[all, or in any form].

Please let me clarify, I in no way advocate any invasion of our country.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:20 PM

401 posts, read 474,195 times
Go Arizona. The Federal government is not doing an adequate job. Time to take matters into its own hands.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:36 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,491,344 times
There are plenty of unemployed AMERICANS who would gladly accept training to protect our borders, and the government could pay them a decent wage for this service.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:21 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,231,512 times
We might have had the ideal organization for protecting our southern border and keeping out invaders. What a pity that they are no longer available, they would have done a marvelous job. To say that they did not like Mexicans would have been a very large understatement.
www.badassoftheweek.com/geronimo1.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration