Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:32 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,526,325 times

Advertisements

If the United States Government will NOT protect American Citizens, Arizona just might

FoxNews.com - Breaking News | Latest News | Current News

The security of the United States of America is in the hands
of some very incompetent people who have no idea what's
going on along the border, and the current administration is an insult to every Americans intelligence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 02:21 AM

555 posts, read 877,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
If the United States Government will NOT protect American Citizens, Arizona just might

FoxNews.com - Breaking News | Latest News | Current News

The security of the United States of America is in the hands
of some very incompetent people who have no idea what's
going on along the border, and the current administration is an insult to every Americans intelligence

The right to declare war is generally held by Congress as one of its enumerated powers in Article 1, Section 8. However, Article 1, Section 10, which lists powers specifically denied to states, has one little-used caveat:

"No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay."

Arizona has been invaded by Mexico and should declare war on Mexico. I will volunteer.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:00 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
I have received a great deal of training while I served. I would volunteer my services to help train a militia.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:56 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,837,802 times
A well regulated militia is a beautiful thing...a bunch of yahoos runnin-round with guns is laughable...

Old 01-04-2011, 10:19 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
A well regulated militia is a beautiful thing...a bunch of yahoos runnin-round with guns is laughable...
Thus the need for proper training. I agree a Militia trained and led by an individual who has had no training is a joke.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:16 AM

150 posts, read 426,473 times
that "Unless actually invaded" bit is hilarious. I can just imagine Brewer mobilizing the Arizona guard and posting a whole bunch of firepower on the border. I can just imagine Obama's reaction. He would have a complete conniption fit. Of course, then Obama would kick Brewer's ass, so it probably wouldn't be worth it. I wonder if a Federal Judge would back her up?

Old 01-04-2011, 11:52 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times
It's not unprecedented for a state to post troops (or rather, militiamen) along its borders with a foreign country. The Aroostook War, for instance, in Maine...

Old 01-04-2011, 12:04 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,778,062 times
I'm not sure incompetence has anything to do with it. More likely, the drug lords are bribing people in our so-called 'Government' to sabotage/prevent/derail/criminalize any attempt to seal the border.

On top of that, you have powerful pressure from two "World's Great Religions", who want to get as many of 'their' people across the border as possible. One "Great World Religion" simply wants to get us outvoted. The other "Great World Religion" is sending men in who are forming Sleeper Cells. Obviously, a well-sealed border serves the interest of neither predatory megacult.

BTW, there are many who consider the Mexican Government/Mexican Military to be nothing more than one of the rival Drug Cartels fighting for control of that country.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:05 PM

50,347 posts, read 47,088,247 times
I think 11 million un-wanted invaders classifies as an invasion.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:28 PM

555 posts, read 877,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
They don't have to run around with guns. They just have to stake out the smuggling routes until some cartel mules with armed guards pass by. Of course, since they Feds won't do that, you don't want anyone doing it. You would rather have the border states controlled by armed drug cartels. Very patriotic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration