Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 12:26 PM

385 posts, read 721,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Que??

Deportations have doubled under Obama since the days of Bush. I'd say that is rather impressive. Too bad you blame him and not Bush.
Can I get an Amen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 01:21 PM

2,619 posts, read 3,150,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
If you are contending that illegal immigration from the southren border is a form of invasion, where in the Constitution does it prescribe that Armed Military Froces are the only response?

One can contend that DHS/ICE and the USBP are federal forces battleing the "Invasion"...

You can advocate for Armed Military Forces. But nowhere in the Costitution does it say that Armed Military Forces are the only response to invasion[all, or in any form].

Please let me clarify, I in no way advocate any invasion of our country.
No, it doesn't say military action is the only way it can do the job. But seemingly, the federal government is not doing the job AT ALL, otherwise AZ would not be so over run.

Would you not consider massive illegal immigration an invasion? With you being in Texas, I would think you would understand their problem.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:37 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Give random people who despise the people coming in guns and no oversight? What could go wrong.

Oh gees, let me think about this for a while, what could possibly go wrong!!!!!!!!

Old 04-11-2011, 01:44 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
No, it doesn't say military action is the only way it can do the job. But seemingly, the federal government is not doing the job AT ALL, otherwise AZ would not be so over run.

Would you not consider massive illegal immigration an invasion? With you being in Texas, I would think you would understand their problem.
Words have meaning...so I dont know what in your mind you consider an "invasion". I think I understand what the US Constitution means.

If the US Congress failed to increase funding to the USBP, then what my interpretation of "invasion" is has little bearing.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:42 PM

I suggest everyone that believes so passionately go to Arizona and do a stint in the desert in the heat...

debating incessantly puts no boots... civilian or Profesional militia on the ground.

everyone has the right to protect their country...go for it.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:01 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
I suggest everyone that believes so passionately go to Arizona and do a stint in the desert in the heat...

debating incessantly puts no boots... civilian or Profesional militia on the ground.

everyone has the right to protect their country...go for it.
Really? The why did the advocates for illegal aliens called the Minutemen, racists among other things?

Old 04-14-2011, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Really? The why did the advocates for illegal aliens called the Minutemen, racists among other things?
I cant speak to that. You would have to address that question to those making that claim.

I commented that the minutemen were unproffesional, ineffectual, and unnecessary...as has proven out. I admit I did it in a "back of my hand" mannor, but racism never entered my conversation,

Old 04-14-2011, 05:12 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Better to erect double fences, about 20 feet apart. Plant land mines, 1 every square foot between the fences. Electrify both fences. Establish crossing stations where needed & only those showing documentation come in.

Sorry. This has been tested in a few foreign countries and has failed. They just build fortified tunnels and bypass it all (depth doesn't make a difference either as they dig deeper or just blast a hole through under ground).

Old 04-14-2011, 05:49 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times
Quote:
Words have meaning...so I dont know what in your mind you consider an "invasion". I think I understand what the US Constitution means.

If the US Congress failed to increase funding to the USBP, then what my interpretation of "invasion" is has little bearing.
Not only has Congress failed to increase funding to the USBP they cut it. How can the USBP effectively counteract this "invasion" if they are not being given the funding to do so. Unless one lives and works on the southern US/Mexico border, they really have no clue how difficult maintaining control is, throw in the fact there are not enough agents or technology to provide even adequate control and it seems as though our gov't is setting us up for failure.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:35 AM

89 posts, read 122,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
If the United States Government will NOT protect American Citizens, Arizona just might

FoxNews.com - Breaking News | Latest News | Current News

The security of the United States of America is in the hands
of some very incompetent people who have no idea what's
going on along the border, and the current administration is an insult to every Americans intelligence

11 million-ish illegals crossing into this country qualifies as an invasion in my eyes. People turning a blind eye to what is going on qualifies as stupidty. We need citizens to become more aware of what is happening and take action to counter it.

You don't need a bunch of guys and gals running around with guns like some people think. But what you do need is a bunch of people with some guns making their presence known saying this will not be tolerated anymore.

Granted the CBP is doing a decent job all things considered, but we as a people need to stand up and say
"I don't care about your sob story and I don't care how hard it was for you to get here. Border is closed. Get in line to come to this country legally like my family did."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration