Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 07:43 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,495,920 times

Advertisements

Shaking my head in disgust. Yet Mexicos border with Guatemala is vicious. Maybe Mexico needs safer ways for Guatemalan illegals to go to their el norte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 07:54 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,876,912 times
I love that my state is specifically mentioned for it's meatpacking plants. Makes me proud lol.

We HAVE to get our legislation through soon. This is ridiculous!

Old 01-13-2011, 11:55 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,112,706 times
Why can't we just stock those canals with alligators? Hungry ones...

Problem solved.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:57 AM

39,950 posts, read 26,674,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
My first response was like yours. Why facilitate the crime? But then as you read the article it talks about a badly decomposed body that was found. That invites disease,I for 1 would rather avoid that potential if we can. What we can do is build a 30foot vertical wall on our side and eliminate the bouys because illegals will see that it is impossible to scale the wall while fighting a fast current. It would cost more but it would also be an effective barrier.
Hey, crabs gotta eat too...

Old 01-13-2011, 12:16 PM

5,340 posts, read 6,548,225 times
Until the military has boots on the border expect this
to continue

The security of the United States of America is in the hands
of some very incompetent people who have no idea what's
going on along the border

If someone or something slips through their bigger problem
will become the American Citizen !

Old 01-14-2011, 02:46 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,495,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That is rich isn't it.

Do these morons think it is like flushing a toilet to get rid of them?
If it was that easy, we could just add drain cleaner to it.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:12 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,246,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Why can't we just stock those canals with alligators?
Crocodiles far better for the job. Crocs much more aggressive and more likely to attack than gators. For much less than the cost of the buoys and lifelines we could capture, import, and release a couple of dozen Nile crocs from central Africa, each one at least ten feet long. The word would get out quickly, and that guy that bragged about swimming the canal sure would change his plans.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:34 AM

13,875 posts, read 9,809,892 times
I don't support illegal immigration, but I also don't want someone to drown. In most cases the people crossing the border are usually men looking for work to send money home to support their families. We need to fix the broken immigration system and crush drug cartels. That would stop most of our illegal immigration problems.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:05 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,357,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I don't support illegal immigration, but I also don't want someone to drown. In most cases the people crossing the border are usually men looking for work to send money home to support their families. We need to fix the broken immigration system and crush drug cartels. That would stop most of our illegal immigration problems.
Our immigration system isn't broke our laws just haven't been enforced properly. What we need to do is secure the border, implement e-verify across the board and take away any and all incentives for illegals to come here such as the job magnet, welfare and the anchor baby law. Unless we do all of the above our illegal immigration problem will never be solved becasuse there are 2 billion impoverished people on this planet that want to come here that we cannot accomodate in numbers, jobs or resources. That is why we have limited legal immigration quuotas.

If "immigrants" are stupid enough to come anyway and put their lives in danger by swimming a rushing river, etc. then they get what they deserve.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:22 AM

13,875 posts, read 9,809,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Our immigration system isn't broke our laws just haven't been enforced properly. What we need to do is secure the border, implement e-verify across the board and take away any and all incentives for illegals to come here such as the job magnet, welfare and the anchor baby law. Unless we do all of the above our illegal immigration problem will never be solved becasuse there are 2 billion impoverished people on this planet that want to come here that we cannot accomodate in numbers, jobs or resources. That is why we have limited legal immigration quuotas.

If "immigrants" are stupid enough to come anyway and put their lives in danger by swimming a rushing river, etc. then they get what they deserve.
Why don't we need to "secure" the border with Canada?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration