Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 951 times

Advertisements

Please can you help?
I myself live in Europe, but have a friend from Europe living in California with expired visa. Her travelinsurance will expire now, she never used it anyway
and now she wants to buy private health insurance in California, she is willing to pay $400 monthly. SHE NEVER WILL ASK FOR WELFARE OR FREE HELP !!!!
She is not working!!!

Are there health insurances who will accept her with her visa expired?
In case she would ever need the insurance, do they really cover her?
Or will they say that even if she paid all that money monthly, she will not get help because her status is not legal????

I would love to help her and find out.

Thanks for your help and understanding.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:05 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,456,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questionFROMeuropean View Post
Please can you help?
I myself live in Europe, but have a friend from Europe living in California with expired visa. Her travelinsurance will expire now, she never used it anyway
and now she wants to buy private health insurance in California, she is willing to pay $400 monthly. SHE NEVER WILL ASK FOR WELFARE OR FREE HELP !!!!
She is not working!!!

Or will they say that even if she paid all that money monthly, she will not get help because her status is not legal????

Why would an insurance company insure someone who is in the US illegally. I can tell you she might get the insurance initially but they will eventually become aware of her status and when she submits a claim (if not before) they will use this as an excuse to NOT cover it. She probably wouldn't get her money back either from what she paid out.

She needs to go back home or get her her status set up so she is here legally. I don't think your going to find many people on this board who are going to help you help a friend who is in the US illegally.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:20 PM

50,391 posts, read 47,131,977 times
400 a month? I'd like in on this. My part of my insurance I pay per month is wayyyyyyyyyyy more than 400 a month.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:25 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,874,458 times
Tell her to stop breaking the law and go home. European governments have NHC. If she wants health care access she can get it back home.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:33 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,329,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questionFROMeuropean View Post
Please can you help?
She is not working!!!

I'd like to know how she can afford $400 a month for health insurance when she isn't even working.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:56 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,455,939 times
Why bother with the health insurance? She can just do what the illegals from SOB do - show up in the emergency room with whatever ails her, and when they ask her for ID she can just say she's "undocumented". By law the hospital can't turn her away, and she'll never have to pay a penny. The illegals from SOB are very savvy to this sort of graft - she can just say her name is Maria Gonzalez and she can make up an address for them to send the bill. For poetic justice, I would use the address of the local LULAC or MALDEF office, so they can get the bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.