Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 08:02 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,806,156 times

Advertisements

Hey why not? Pretty much anyone who wants can come here illegally and expect the red carpet treatment. Lowlife relatives put her through hell but it's sure paid off nicely for them.

Assaulted Salvadoran girl, 8, now safe in L.A. - El Paso Times

Her family paid $7,000 to a smuggler in El Salvador to take Verónica into the United States, but the girl changed hands after entering Mexico. She was sexually abused by the new smuggler and a 17-year-old migrant accompanying them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 10:39 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,310,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Hey why not? Pretty much anyone who wants can come here illegally and expect the red carpet treatment.
Getting raped is hardly the red carpet treatment. I guess we all have different points of view. This story makes me want to puke, not so much the details about a little girl here being illegally, but more about the rape of a child.

Like I said, we all have different things that enrage us.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:01 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,877,533 times
I wouldn't let an 8 year old walk down to the corner store without someone with her , let alone travel 3 Countries away with strangers that smuggle drugs, people and God knows what else.

This child should be put up for adoption and not released to her parents or grandparents who didn't have enough common sense or concern for her safety to begin with.

Because of their gross negligence and stupidity she had to suffer and endure being sexually assaulted by the animals her parents ignorantly exposed her to.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:02 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,806,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Getting raped is hardly the red carpet treatment. I guess we all have different points of view. This story makes me want to puke, not so much the details about a little girl here being illegally, but more about the rape of a child.

Like I said, we all have different things that enrage us.
You have to admit the relatives of this girl are about as slimey as it gets.

They're the ones who put her through all that, they are the ones who abandoned her as a three year old and haven't seen her in 5 years. The love of money is the root of all evil.

Imagine turning a girl over to the cartel smuggling rings? They knew full well what would happen but they didn't care. That is child abuse.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:38 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,484,616 times
Anyone who would ship off their 8 year old female child without parental supervision doesn't deserve to have children. I would include the parents or legal guardian in any legal proceedings against the animals who abused her, since they are the reason she was subjected to this torture.

I certainly don't begrudge the US giving her the 'red carpet treatment' - she has suffered enough. I hope she will never have to see the faces of those who forsook her by introducing her to the workings of our cruel world at such a tender age.

I wonder how much that $7000 her family put up for this ordeal would have paid for her education and upbringing back home.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:59 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,493,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Anyone who would ship off their 8 year old female child without parental supervision doesn't deserve to have children. I would include the parents or legal guardian in any legal proceedings against the animals who abused her, since they are the reason she was subjected to this torture.

I certainly don't begrudge the US giving her the 'red carpet treatment' - she has suffered enough. I hope she will never have to see the faces of those who forsook her by introducing her to the workings of our cruel world at such a tender age.

I wonder how much that $7000 her family put up for this ordeal would have paid for her education and upbringing back home.
I hope those coyotes get punished for what they did to that kid.

7 grand is a LOT of money in Salvador.

And not so long ago 5 grand was the going rate for coyotes.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:12 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,232,523 times
I hope her paternal grandmother gets charged with at least child endangerment as well as smuggling an illegal alien into America.

The way her "family" treated her it's not beyond the realm of possibility that they were bringing this girl to America to prostitute her for their own financial gain.

I am so sick of listening to these sob stories about illegal aliens and their reasons for invading America.

One of these should be handed to each of the illegal aliens and then sent back to their homeland ASAP:

Last edited by plwhit; 05-18-2011 at 03:30 PM..

Old 05-18-2011, 03:51 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,423,021 times
Okay, but I am still not understanding why she is here now?! Send her back, to do the paperwork legally. We don't just say, "Sorry, your family gave you to child molesters, here is a free United States Passport". Or do we?!

Old 05-18-2011, 06:04 PM

167 posts, read 239,852 times
Couldn't she have qualified for a refugee visa?

Old 05-18-2011, 06:07 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,423,021 times
If you believe that you are in need of protection, you may wish to make your concern known to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) or to an international non profit voluntary agency
Refugee Visa - How do I apply for Refugee status in the U.S.?

The only people she needed "protection" from, were the very people her family gave her too! No go on the refugee status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration