Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 08:04 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,767,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I'm now hearing that this killing was part of the "Fast and Furious" gun exchange deal.

Obama really has blood on his hands.

Fast And Furious Scandal: A Watergate For Obama? - Investors.com
Yes. Immediately we should have questioned why border agents were so far into the interior of Mexico which is a sovereign nation, just like we used to be.

This one is too much like House of Death. It makes you wonder exactly why our government is doing these things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 11:27 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,119,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I believe it was malamute. In any case, that’s an excellent question. If Mexico controlled its side of the border, we would not have massive numbers of illegal aliens, or drug cartels entering this country. Clearly, they benefit from NOT controlling their northern border. Then, in hypocritical indignation, blame the U.S. for their problems.
What's funny is that their are thousands of Mexican Army troops along the Guatemalan border ... but yet they do practically nothing to secure their side of the US-Mexico border.

In fact, I am not even sure if Mexico has a border guard force. They used to have something called the Policia Frontera but I believe it was absorbed into the Policia Federal when that agency was created in 1998.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:11 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,767,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
What's funny is that their are thousands of Mexican Army troops along the Guatemalan border ... but yet they do practically nothing to secure their side of the US-Mexico border.

In fact, I am not even sure if Mexico has a border guard force. They used to have something called the Policia Frontera but I believe it was absorbed into the Policia Federal when that agency was created in 1998.
Well Mexico does have it's customs agents at the border. And in fact it's northern border is nothing but militarized on the Mexican side - from where I live, you can sometimes see the army vehicles driving down a street. The Mexican military has been on the border for some time now - long before all this cartel mess.

Mexico's customs agents are also allowing the weapons shipments to come on in, just like our side is allowing the drugs and illegals to come on in.

Neither country is doing much to take control back over the border. The Mexican army is out there patrolling though away from town. It's just not always clear who or what they're going after. I know if they find Central Americans out there even waiting to cross into the USA, they'll take them in but I don't think they're always about stopping cartel activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration