Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 01:58 PM
N8! N8! started this thread

2,408 posts, read 5,307,624 times

Advertisements

Related to the last several posts discussing Chipotle (but not specific to this thread in general).

Click only if you are interested:

Chipotle, Immigration Reform, and the Future of Your Burrito

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 05-13-2011 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: Moved here - does not belong in New Mexico forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 07:00 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
509.4 million in profits. Screw them. If they can't take a reduction in profits then fine them into oblivion. If your business can't make it legally then you SHOULD fail.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:57 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8! View Post
Related to the last several posts discussing Chipotle (but not specific to this thread in general).

Click only if you are interested:

Chipotle, Immigration Reform, and the Future of Your Burrito
"Analysts have said that they were concerned Chipotle's labor costs could rise as it replaces illegal workers, taking away the cost advantage the company has held in the past."

Sucks to be Chipotle. Oh well.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:12 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
"Analysts have said that they were concerned Chipotle's labor costs could rise as it replaces illegal workers, taking away the cost advantage the company has held in the past."

Sucks to be Chipotle. Oh well.
read "greedy profits" at the tax payers expense.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:07 AM

268 posts, read 391,921 times
Pros: speed of service; prices

Cons: High percentage of illegal workers carrying infectious diseases such as typhoid, malaria, tuberculosis HIV, tuberculosis, Leprosy and God knows what else.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:46 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
Strike Chipolte off my list of places to eat, today.
I am just going on my own personal boycott, not going to eat any place where I can't order food in English. Went to Panda Express the other day, and was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful multi-ethnic staff. A very nice young blonde girl took my order, and an attractive black male rang my order up. Same at Boston Market the other day. It is nice going places where I don't get blank stares when I try to make a conversation.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:19 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
Diversity. When I live in an area that is 40 percent Hispanic, 30 percent African American, and 20 percent white, but everywhere I go there are ONLY Hispanic workers, I think that is racism. Where I work the staff is evenly mixed. So, why are so many FF places 100 percent Hispanic? That is not diversity. That is not the America where I want to live...why does no one else see this as an issue?

Old 05-14-2011, 06:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Im sick of hearing about risk to profits etc. I work in the largest paper mill in the country. there are no illegals where I work and yet we are still the most profitable plant in the company. We know for a fact there are no illegals because everyone when hired must submit to a background check. Then this year the company did a self audit where people had to provide proff of legal staus. You have the option of not providing proof. this is called self termination.
Chipotle can make excuses for their hiring practices all they want. I want to see provided with the excuse what the accounting says would be the difference in profit from hireing legals. Every resturant in my area uses local kids and college kids and adults to wait tables bus and wash dishes.
yet they seem to be doing ok.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:14 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Diversity. When I live in an area that is 40 percent Hispanic, 30 percent African American, and 20 percent white, but everywhere I go there are ONLY Hispanic workers, I think that is racism. Where I work the staff is evenly mixed. So, why are so many FF places 100 percent Hispanic? That is not diversity. That is not the America where I want to live...why does no one else see this as an issue?

Talk to your Hope and Change President. He does not see any of this as a problem, he is our problem. Cause we do have a major problem.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:28 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Im sick of hearing about risk to profits etc. I work in the largest paper mill in the country. there are no illegals where I work and yet we are still the most profitable plant in the company. We know for a fact there are no illegals because everyone when hired must submit to a background check. Then this year the company did a self audit where people had to provide proff of legal staus. You have the option of not providing proof. this is called self termination.
Chipotle can make excuses for their hiring practices all they want. I want to see provided with the excuse what the accounting says would be the difference in profit from hireing legals. Every resturant in my area uses local kids and college kids and adults to wait tables bus and wash dishes.
yet they seem to be doing ok.
We need more companies like this that are pro-American and it isn't all about greed for profit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration