Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 12:36 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,425,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
Another concept. Come here legally, and there will be no need to run, period.
Exactly. I'm so sick of their victim mentality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 12:42 PM

44 posts, read 42,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
This is great. Now maybe more states will follow suit.

I'm disgusted at her audacity to drive around without a license. I had a friend who was hit once by an illegal immigrant. The guy got out of the car and tried to run away. Luckily they were able to catch him. He had no license, no insurance. None. My friend's car was totaled.
I was hit by some illegal who was too busy chatting on her (tax payer funded, I'm sure) cell phone to pay attention to driving. She fled as soon as I stopped and exited my car.

G-d bless Georgia and Arizona! I hope we all start following their lead.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:51 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,849,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLer2562 View Post
I was hit by some illegal who was too busy chatting on her (tax payer funded, I'm sure) cell phone to pay attention to driving. She fled as soon as I stopped and exited my car.

G-d bless Georgia and Arizona! I hope we all start following their lead.
if she fled, how do you know she was an illegal?

Old 06-09-2011, 01:03 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,970,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Simple concept really, enforce the law vigorously watch the illegals disappear.
Many immigrants leaving Georgia behind *| ajc.com
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Georgia is taking out the trash. Sadly other states will end up being the dumping grounds for that trash more often than not. Now if all states (or..gasp...the feds) would take similar stances maybe most would flee the country instead.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:38 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,496,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
They take thier cues from our Government. The legal consequences for being in the country illegally are minimal. If all we got is a pat in the hand for speeding, who would obey speed limits.

Exactly as you have said and true. I have been fed up for some time, with most of my friends and family. Californians do not learn their lessons, they are a glutten for punishment.

Couple years we are out of here, don't like the cold, no way the E.C. or the South, i have visited all but 3 States, and find myself living in only a few very few, Say what you may but California is not a flat State, beautiful., very large with the best weather, yes living close to the beach, with mountian views, i am spoiled.

People are too dang dumb in this State, they gripe about things, but vote the same buffons back in office.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:47 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,503,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Yeah like my stupid a-- State, Calif get a friggin clue, follow Arizona and Georgia's lead, at least they care. Dumb a---- running the State, keep voting the same idiots in Californians, get what we deserve!
No, those of us who DIDN'T vote for Moonbeam and his ilk are not deserving of what we are getting. We are being made to pay the price for the idiocy of a bunch of bleeding heart libeerals and pro-La Raza morons.

I was born and raised in Southern California. I returned to my hometown after living in AZ for 9 years and the UK for 8 years. This is where I wanted to stay until the end of my life, with my remaining family around me. Now, as much as I hate the thought, its looking more and more like we will be packing up and moving to a less pro-illegal state if things don't change drastically, and soon! How sad that many of us are feeling pushed out of the place where we were born and/or raised because of invading illegals.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:03 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,356,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
No, those of us who DIDN'T vote for Moonbeam and his ilk are not deserving of what we are getting. We are being made to pay the price for the idiocy of a bunch of bleeding heart libeerals and pro-La Raza morons.

I was born and raised in Southern California. I returned to my hometown after living in AZ for 9 years and the UK for 8 years. This is where I wanted to stay until the end of my life, with my remaining family around me. Now, as much as I hate the thought, its looking more and more like we will be packing up and moving to a less pro-illegal state if things don't change drastically, and soon! How sad that many of us are feeling pushed out of the place where we were born and/or raised because of invading illegals.
I feel your pain. My husband and I have both contemplated moving back to our home state but we are up in years and the weather back there is too cold for us. Also I do have a lot of family out here now. Kind of caught between a rock and hard place right now. I hope the tables get turned here in Calif. as other states move on immigration laws and this state keeps spiraling into bankruptcy.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:28 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,481,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Georgia is taking out the trash. Sadly other states will end up being the dumping grounds for that trash more often than not. Now if all states (or..gasp...the feds) would take similar stances maybe most would flee the country instead.
Those who don't flee the country altogether will probably move up to North Carolina and Maryland. I have a feeling they'll bypass Virginia altogether.

New York will be a popular spot since one doesn't have to drive and they cater to illegals. Oh well Georgia should have their fiscal house in order in a few years as a result.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:40 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,876,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post

It's so very sad that you should have to leave your home and family behind because interlopers are invading your state. Especially when the bleeding hearts try to tug at our emotions of how frightening it would be to send illegals to an unfamiliar place and not be surrounded by their family. Liberal logic I guess.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:01 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,478,946 times
Let's not kid ourselves...illegals are leaving the US like rats off a sinking ship. The jobs are going...they can go back to where they came from, and live better now...with the benefits of a free public education...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration