Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 02:23 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,669,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Alabama. Arizona, Georgia: thats a good start
I wish New Jersey would be next, but I know that's never going to happen.

I'm still trying to find landscapers, roofers, fence installers, plumbers, etc., who do NOT use illegal labor.

I would spend my money and help the economy if I could be assured none of it was going to illegals. I need a new roof but am not looking forward to calling roofers and asking them about their 'employees'. So many times I was told they don't use illegals, but...they lied.

Too bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 02:30 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,005,305 times
It really pleases me that other states are following Arizona gov Brewer's lead in refusing to submit to the P.C. Obamabots "Dream Act" and instead demand that government enforce its own immigration laws. The fact that she stood up to King Obama and the West Coast lunatic fringe -- and won -- has empowered other states to finally get tough on illegals who openly mock and break our laws and drain our country's resources. I hope this is contagious and other states follow suit.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:09 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,474,757 times
That is teriffic news, the kind of news i like to hear. California get a friggin clue will ya, take a look at these Sates who actually give a damb about our problems facing illegals.

Think we all know whay you will not follow in the steps, of Alabama, Arizona, and Georgia. You like to play games, we can surely see right thru you.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:26 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,932,190 times
the law is meaningless if employers can still hire illegals.

i know bentley says the law says employers will use e-verify, but that isnt enough to convince me anything will change.

many things are illegal, yet people bend and break them and get away with them everyday.

illegal immigration is the same thing.

passing a law does nothing unless it is seriously enforced.

and that enforcement is up in the air whether that will happen or not.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:21 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,872,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post

i know bentley says the law says employers will use e-verify, but that isnt enough to convince me anything will change.

many things are illegal, yet people bend and break them and get away with them everyday.

I agree to some extent but the High Court decision shows that states will be able to take more control when the feds refuse to act. It is my opinion that it's easier to make your voice heard in a state wide decision as opposed to federally.

I find it heartening that many of the states lined up to take a stance on illegal immigration are those with a farming interest...which says to me that the states aren't going to let big business dictate their decisions by buying votes at a state level for cheap labor. They don't seem to be worried that field work won't get done without illegal labor, contrary to the view that is pushed in the media.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:53 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,462,896 times
Isitme - they're not worried that field work won't get done because some of the legislators are farmers. For example, Senator Clay Scofield farms, raises chickens, and runs a landscaping business - all with legal local workers.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:25 PM

50,484 posts, read 47,254,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post

None of that really matters. What matters is that most will "leave" and the State will be written off as a State not to enter illegally. Once all the States are viewed the same way we'll have done what the feds were too chicken to do. In all intensive purposes we will have finished what Ike started all those years ago and that's drive the illegal horde out on their own free will.
Fear is the best tactic to use against those that are willing to break our laws and pillage our social service system. 3 down!!

Old 06-09-2011, 05:27 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,842,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
It really pleases me that other states are following Arizona gov Brewer's lead in refusing to submit to the P.C. Obamabots "Dream Act" and instead demand that government enforce its own immigration laws. The fact that she stood up to King Obama and the West Coast lunatic fringe -- and won -- has empowered other states to finally get tough on illegals who openly mock and break our laws and drain our country's resources. I hope this is contagious and other states follow suit.
Before you "pop" the cork on the champange...the Arizona request that the US Supreme court hear Arizona's appeal...has not yet happend.

Furthermore, the provisions in the Alabama law that mirror Arizona's will be challanged.

Niether Arizona nor Alabama had any provissions in their law that even deal with the Dream Act.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:34 PM

50,484 posts, read 47,254,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Before you "pop" the cork on the champange...the Arizona request that the US Supreme court hear Arizona's appeal...has not yet happend.

Furthermore, the provisions in the Alabama law that mirror Arizona's will be challanged.

Niether Arizona nor Alabama had any provissions in their law that even deal with the Dream Act.
Good, hear all the cases from all States. Let the US Supreme Court run itself ragged. The higher profile illegal immigration gets the better. Excuse me while I pop a cork

Old 06-09-2011, 07:02 PM

910 posts, read 1,679,442 times
I can't imagine this law will last long. The SLPC is already filing a suit against it. They say its blatantly racist and anti-immigrant Once again, lefties purposely ignore the fact that Americans don't hate immigrants, we just don't want to be invaded by illegals!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration