Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 09:03 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,349,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
How far does that advocacy go?...

They have to attest on the N-400 (for naturalization) of whether they have assisted anyone to come or stay in the United States illegally...

Although it is generally disregarded for a Legal Permanent Resident married to an illegal alien...
Unless you have been living under a rock you would be aware of all the Hispanic advocacy groups in this country for illegal aliens. What ethnic group has marched in our streets for illegal aliens over the years? What ethnic group calls law abiding Americans racists and xenophobes for wanting our immigration laws enforced and has a lawsuit going every time illegal Hispanics are involved? Is that enough advocacy for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 06:32 AM

912 posts, read 1,335,138 times
Works for me if it strains relations ,maybe they will stay home.However,I doubt it will pass hispanics have power .

Old 06-19-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaProud View Post
Works for me if it strains relations ,maybe they will stay home.However,I doubt it will pass hispanics have power .
Not as much power as non-hispanics do.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:21 AM

912 posts, read 1,335,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Not as much power as non-hispanics do.
\

I doubt the non hispanic community is shrinking ,and they are doubling.You don't see any non hispanics marching in our streets demanding that the laws be changed ????However everytime an anti immigration or latino bill comes in the latinos complain were being racist .While America is being milked dry it won't be any concern to america until it's too late.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaProud View Post
\

I doubt the non hispanic community is shrinking ,and they are doubling.You don't see any non hispanics marching in our streets demanding that the laws be changed ????However everytime an anti immigration or latino bill comes in the latinos complain were being racist .While America is being milked dry it won't be any concern to america until it's too late.
I didn't say that the Hispanic community is shrinking, however that growth is mostly from illegal aliens and their anchors. Illegals can't vote (or at least they aren't supposed to be able to) and most of their anchors are too young to vote yet. They have no clout and only 10 million of them voted in the last presidential election.

Non-Hispanic citizens don't have to march in our streets to get their point across to our politicians. What anti-"immigration" or anti-"latino" bills are you speaking of. I know of no such thing.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:17 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,714,282 times
Quote:
My family should be the example with how someone can assimilate to the United States. We apply for my wife's naturalization soon, she's been an American at heart for years, just lacking the paperwork to prove it.
I hope that you get that paperwork soon. Good luck

Old 07-02-2011, 10:56 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,864,868 times
Quote:
If an immigrant is able to qualify for naturalization, doesn't that normally mean they are assimilating as required? Spouses of U.S. citizens can naturalize almost twice as quick as other legal immigrants, 3 years instead of 5 years. And they must be married to that U.S. citizen at the time of naturalization, and at least 3 years prior. In most cases they are married longer (either adjusting status from within the United States, or overseas and moving back to the United States.

Married to a U.S. citizen is the best way to know how to assimilate to the United States, especially if it is a marriage to a servicemember...

The statistic is not isolated by nationality, in recent years it has been that over 25% on average of legal immigrants from all over are married to U.S. citizens...
As long as the immigrant has respected and abided by the laws of this country yes, marriage to a USA born and raised citizen is good for assimilation.

First of all even in a green card marriage, done for only the purpose of bypassing immigration laws because the immigrant has no ability to attain a work visa for lack of education and job skills, the spouse could be held responsible for the financial support of the immigrant. That obviously helps keep the immigrant off welfare. Plus the immigrant has some exposure with American culture and the American language.

That's why most people don't really have a problem with having a citizens able to sponsor a spouse to come here legally.

Work visas are another even better way for legal immigrants. The employers of legal immigrants provide them incomes and job benefits but also the immigrant has a way to assimilate through the job.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:09 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,860,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
...Work visas are another even better way for legal immigrants. The employers of legal immigrants provide them incomes and job benefits but also the immigrant has a way to assimilate through the job.
What, immigrants married to a U.S. citizen don't work?...

I attribute (on another forum as well) that my wife working as a cashier gave her great exposure to English from many different people...

Old 07-03-2011, 11:46 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,467,841 times
Why the hell do we let Mexico boss us around. We don't need them at all. Send back all their people who came here illegally and build a border fence.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:27 PM

14 posts, read 24,768 times
this seems to be a trend about the world. Everyone wants what we have and I believe that is for lack of a better thought, is security from our govt. We do not have gangs and police barging in our houses and stealing and beating us,yet, and we have the ability for intrastate travel without incident for the most part. what tics me off beyond all limits is this weak liberal govt letting illegals into this country to reap all the benefits we should be entitled to but we aren't. Any Mexican, Central&South american should shut their yapper until their govt lets us pass without hassel, from either govt officals or drug lords, oh wait they are one in the same my bad. Then they can hoot and holler about boarder control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration