Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 12:44 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,337,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Employers can largely choose whom to employ, believe it or not. So if there are two applicants he will try to choose the better worker. Unless one is cheaper.

Yes, exactly. ECONOMICS 101.

Today I saw two stores selling Doritos. One bag was being sold for $1.50, and the other for $1. However, the second one wasn't cheaper since I just pocketed the extra money.
An employer CANNOT however choose to hire an illegal alien over a legal worker according to our laws. So what hell are you talking about?

Another dumb analogy this about Doritos now?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:46 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,213,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
An employer CANNOT however choose to hire an illegal alien over a legal worker according to our laws. So what hell are you talking about?

Another dumb analogy this about Doritos now?
I was mocking your assertion that there is no economic benefit to cheaper labor if the employer "pockets" the money. Sorry if that was not clear.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
There are millions of people who walk and drive illegally every day, and our police haven't cited them at all.
They do when they catch them! What has this to do with illegal immigration anyway? Many illegals are caught and just released back into our society also. Or did you conveniently forget about that?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
They do when they catch them! What has this to do with illegal immigration anyway? Many illegals are caught and just released back into our society also. Or did you conveniently forget about that?
As we are not hypocrites, we support law enforcement utilizing their limited resources on enforcing crimes that are harmful. Not harmless crimes such as jaywalking when no cars are around or immigrating into a country to find work without documentation.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Yet you keep making statements like the bolded without proving these claims. I mean, rape is a pretty strong word.
Raping in this case means stealing. As if you didn't know that. There have been many viable stats posted in here numerous times proving this. You just refuse to accept them because you obviously have an agenda that isn't pro-American and pro-American workers.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:52 PM
pvn

103 posts, read 55,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
If there isn't a legal way to come here, then how do you explain the 1+ million legal immigrants every year?
There's no way for the ones that keep getting brought up on this forum (the ones working construction jobs, the ones possibly on (gasp!) PUBLIC ASSISTANCE etc) to do so.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Raping in this case means stealing.
Think about what is being said for a moment. You are simply using one much more horrible term when you mean another.

I mean, why not just call it genocide? Sure, it's not genocide, but go ahead, right?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:53 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,454,104 times
Quote:
An empire setting? Please explain what an "empire setting" is.
See British Empire for details. It's the best example free labor proponents can study.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tightpants View Post
Im pretty annoyed that you would advocate outsourcing jobs. You liberals with your "one world economy" nonsense are sending hundreds of millions of America jobs to India and China.

Your president Obama has given them all the hope and all America kept is the change. But its good you advocate getting rid of the hispanics because toiling in the fields for our Chinese masters is the best we have to hope for thanks to you and your kind.
Where did I advocate the outsrourcing of our jobs. Both illegal immigration and outsourcing are hurting the American worker. I am far from a liberal, I am totally conservative.

I didn't elect Obama. I voted for someone else and it wasn't McCain either.

Who is advocating getting rid of "Hispanics"? Oh, do you mean illegal aliens? Say what you mean instead of pulling the race card. I have no problem with lawabiding, legal Hispanics.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Think about what is being said for a moment. You are simply using one much more horrible term when you mean another.

I mean, why not just call it genocide? Sure, it's not genocide, but go ahead, right?
Genocide and stealing are two different things for God's sake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration