Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 09:31 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,494,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
Slaves.
Slaves?

The parts of the USA that had slaves round the Civil War were poor almost like Mexico till after World War 2. The free parts were richer then. I remmeber part of my history clases.

Slaves were NOT worth it, xcept to some rich people. Most people in Georgia, etc. had NO slaves. Even before the Civil War.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:37 PM

4,802 posts, read 8,766,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Slaves?

The parts of the USA that had slaves round the Civil War were poor almost like Mexico till after World War 2. The free parts were richer then. I remmeber part of my history clases.

Slaves were NOT worth it, xcept to some rich people. Most people in Georgia, etc. had NO slaves. Even before the Civil War.
Erik, Erik...don't you know that people who are busy rewriting history to suit their agenda really have no interest in learning actual history.....

Last edited by Kele; 06-22-2011 at 10:33 PM..

Old 06-22-2011, 11:50 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,660,096 times
LOL, spin much OP?

If I was a convict serving in a Georgia prison, I sure as hell wouldn't want to work those jobs, either. Do you know what is the weather is like in the summer in Georgia? I'm guessing no.

If I was a convict, I'd walk too. I wouldn't want to lose the air-conditioned prison where I can just lift weights, watch TV, get three square meals a day, and stick it in the fresh meat whose just dropped the soap the next stall over. That beats picking food anytime.

This just reinforces the typical American stereotype. They are too damn lazy to do this type of work, plus they think it's beneath them. Even prisoners think it's beneath them. Scum beneath scum! No one likes hard work in America anymore. That's why everything is made in China now. You can thank America for that, too, with all the college-degree pseudo intellectuals and soceity register wannabes.

Why are they letting PRISONERS walk away? This country is WAY TOO SOFT on criminals. That's why there is such lawnesses in America. If it were up to me, I'd be commanding them to go back to work. Make picking food a part of their sentence. Then maybe the dumbasses would think twice about committing a crime!

White America also shot itself in the foot. These days, if you're white, and you're not "privileged", you're SCREWED. Every other white person who finds out their fellow white people is picking fruit will never hear the end of it.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:02 AM

192 posts, read 115,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What would they base their "suspicion" on? The suspicion would arise only after they couldn't provide a valid I.D. just like I told you. The law was just revised for more clarity for those like you who tried to make it into a racial profiling issue when it never was in the first place!
Did you actually read the law? Sadly, I can't find a link to a PDF of the original text of the law at this time, but, this NYT article at the time the first version of the law was passed is accurate:

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/24/u...html?th&emc=th

Quote:
The law, which proponents and critics alike said was the broadest and strictest immigration measure in generations, would make the failure to carry immigration documents a crime and give the police broad power to detain anyone suspected of being in the country illegally. Opponents have called it an open invitation for harassment and discrimination against Hispanics regardless of their citizenship status.
Quote:
It requires police officers, “when practicable,” to detain people they reasonably suspect are in the country without authorization and to verify their status with federal officials, unless doing so would hinder an investigation or emergency medical treatment. It also makes it a state crime — a misdemeanor — to not carry immigration papers. In addition, it allows people to sue local government or agencies if they believe federal or state immigration law is not being enforced.
Subsequently, the law changed to only allow police to detain and check the status of people suspected of other crimes.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
LOL, spin much OP?

If I was a convict serving in a Georgia prison, I sure as hell wouldn't want to work those jobs, either. Do you know what is the weather is like in the summer in Georgia? I'm guessing no.

If I was a convict, I'd walk too. I wouldn't want to lose the air-conditioned prison where I can just lift weights, watch TV, get three square meals a day, and stick it in the fresh meat whose just dropped the soap the next stall over. That beats picking food anytime.

This just reinforces the typical American stereotype. They are too damn lazy to do this type of work, plus they think it's beneath them. Even prisoners think it's beneath them. Scum beneath scum! No one likes hard work in America anymore. That's why everything is made in China now. You can thank America for that, too, with all the college-degree pseudo intellectuals and soceity register wannabes.

Why are they letting PRISONERS walk away? This country is WAY TOO SOFT on criminals. That's why there is such lawnesses in America. If it were up to me, I'd be commanding them to go back to work. Make picking food a part of their sentence. Then maybe the dumbasses would think twice about committing a crime!

White America also shot itself in the foot. These days, if you're white, and you're not "privileged", you're SCREWED. Every other white person who finds out their fellow white people is picking fruit will never hear the end of it.
Man, prison sounds pretty awesome. Why haven't you committed a crime to get in on that ****?

Old 06-23-2011, 01:11 AM

36 posts, read 19,430 times
Quote:
Man, prison sounds pretty awesome. Why haven't you committed a crime to get in on that ****?
The homosexual rape part really seals the deal in my opinion. Time to go rob a bank!

Old 06-23-2011, 01:46 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,142,696 times
Quote:
White people? Racist, much? Um, I am sure there was a variety of people who were put on probation and there are a variety of Americans that won't pick crops for a living including Hispanics. In fact even the illegals only use crop picking as a stepping stone to take better paying and easier jobs in our country.

As I have said in here countless times, where Americans (of all races) can't be found to pick crops there are unlimited visas for legal immigrant crop pickers. Neither you nor the farmers have any excuse for claiming that crops won't get picked without illegals doing it.
Well said my man. Unemployment paychecks along
with welfare money & prisoner's on probation should
jump at these jobs. Its a great way to pull your self
up. You get money, dignity and you gain some respect.
They should be cut from gov, programs if they refuse
these jobs.
At any rate. that was a great post. Gotta rep it.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:04 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,349,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
LOL, spin much OP?

I am sick to death of people stereotyping white Americans as lazy. These probationers were not all white, for God's sake. No one wants to pick crops in the hot sun, pass out or put their back out of whack stooping and bending all day. That doesn't make white people or anyone else "lazy". Whites and other Americans are still doing most other blue collar jobs in this country. That means hard labor for the most part. Are these Americans lazy? Let's just put that stupid nonsense to rest now, shall we?

Old 06-23-2011, 09:10 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,349,338 times
Quote:
Did you actually read the law? Sadly, I can't find a link to a PDF of the original text of the law at this time, but, this NYT article at the time the first version of the law was passed is accurate:

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/24/u...html?th&emc=th

Subsequently, the law changed to only allow police to detain and check the status of people suspected of other crimes.
Quote:

"The law, which proponents and critics alike said was the broadest and strictest immigration measure in generations, would make the failure to carry immigration documents a crime and give the police broad power to detain anyone suspected of being in the country illegally. Opponents have called it an open invitation for harassment and discrimination against Hispanics regardless of their citizenship status".

The New York Times didn't know what they were talking about. Green cards were always required to be carried by certain legal immigrants. Again, the suspicion of being in the country illegally would only arise "IF" a legal immigrant didn't have their green card with them or in most cases a valid DL. Why in the world would this law just target Hispanics? Don't they have a valid DL or green card just like anyone else on their person?

Old 06-23-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Quote:

"The law, which proponents and critics alike said was the broadest and strictest immigration measure in generations, would make the failure to carry immigration documents a crime and give the police broad power to detain anyone suspected of being in the country illegally. Opponents have called it an open invitation for harassment and discrimination against Hispanics regardless of their citizenship status".

The New York Times didn't know what they were talking about. Green cards were always required to be carried by certain legal immigrants. Again, the suspicion of being in the country illegally would only arise "IF" a legal immigrant didn't have their green card with them or in most cases a valid DL. Why in the world would this law just target Hispanics? Don't they have a valid DL or green card just like anyone else on their person?
US citizens are not required to carry drivers licenses, and they certainly wouldn't have green cards on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration