Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2010, 02:36 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,876,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
the Supreme Court says YOU are!!!! and Federal Law says you are.
Which American law says that I must educate every single person in the entire world? Or tend to their needs out of my own pocket?

Does that right exist as a two way street? Can I demand that Carlos Slim (a Mexican and the world's richest man) pay for my daughter's college education?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 02:47 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,338,712 times
Quote:
Maybe not, but I guess the Supreme Court is another of those groups since they ruled to allow all children access to a free education, even those not citizens to this country.
Uh, huh and we all have "opinions" on the laws of this country. What is yours on having to pay for the education of illegal foreingers? Wouldn't you like that to be changed? If not, why? They are your taxes as an American citizen also. It would also remove one of the incentives for illegals to come here.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:48 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,461,628 times
Quote:
Let's see some proof on this....

Old 10-26-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Let's see some proof on this....
Yeah, that should be a goodie. I have never heard that the Supreme Court has ruled that we must be responsible for the whole world's citizens health, education and welfare. I'll be waiting with baited breath.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:06 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,843,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yeah, that should be a goodie. I have never heard that the Supreme Court has ruled that we must be responsible for the whole world's citizens health, education and welfare. I'll be waiting with baited breath.
that is not the topic of this thread or what was being discussed...

education is the topic, and any ridiculous caveats you'd like to add DOESNT change the fact that the Supreme court rulled in Phyler v. Doe, that you are responsible for the education of all children regardless of immigration status.

lets not play these tired games.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
that is not the topic of this thread or what was being discussed...

education is the topic, and any ridiculous caveats you'd like to add DOESNT change the fact that the Supreme court rulled in Phyler v. Doe, that you are responsible for the education of all children regardless of immigration status.

lets not play these tired games.
This was the initial question:

Americans aren't responsible for the needs, dreams and aspirations of every single person in the entire world. To make demands that we should just because you've crossed our border in violation of our laws is ridiculous.

This was your reply:

Old 02-16-2011, 07:37 PM

3 posts, read 2,128 times
I don’t know why in this century are people so ignorant that thinks that a person is less than then because their status migratory....Although, we claim we live in one of the freest countries in the world most Americans think that this freedom only extents to those who were already here but our lady liberty which is our symbol for freedom states differently. THIS COUNTRY IS FOR EVERYONE. Young people that live in this country should have the opportunity to better themselves the law should allow them to go to college. If US educate already provide education for the illegal kids let them take high school, so US should allow them to go to college because they don’t have they are not guilty of been in this country . The parents bring them when they were children.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:50 PM

910 posts, read 1,679,580 times
So at a time when college is getting more expensive, we the citizens should be footing the bill for Dreamies? I think not. If they want to come here as exchange students, they are welcome to.But we do not owe them higher education.

And judging by the spelling in your post, it seems you're the one who needs an education.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy8888 View Post
I don’t know why in this century are people so ignorant that thinks that a person is less than then because their status migratory....Although, we claim we live in one of the freest countries in the world most Americans think that this freedom only extents to those who were already here but our lady liberty which is our symbol for freedom states differently. THIS COUNTRY IS FOR EVERYONE. Young people that live in this country should have the opportunity to better themselves the law should allow them to go to college. If US educate already provide education for the illegal kids let them take high school, so US should allow them to go to college because they don’t have they are not guilty of been in this country . The parents bring them when they were children.
Being a free country does not negate our right to limit the numbers of immigrants into our country nor does it negate our right to enforce our immigration laws against illegal aliens. If we allow in every impoverished and distitute foreigner who wants to come here we wouldn't remain a free country for very long. You need to educate yourself on the pitfalls of uncontrolled population growth especially from foreigners who thumb their noses at our immigration laws. Our government is obligated to put our citizens first and we can't afford to be the saviors of the world.

The illegal parents broke the law by bringing their children here. Their parents put them in this position. Put the blame where the blame belongs They are the responsibility of their parents and their homelands not ours.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:00 PM

29,981 posts, read 43,000,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy8888 View Post
Once they become adults and knowingly remain here illegally they are complicit in the crime of their parents and this country owes them nothing!

This country is for people who respect our immigration laws enough to enter it legally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration