Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 03:52 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,806,156 times

Advertisements

Let this illegal return home and stop thinking that because he's here illegally, that he's exempt from immigration laws. He can go home and if he still feels like living in the USA, absolutely nothing stops him from getting in line with all the rest and applying to come here legally.

He should be able to compete with other would-be immigrants for a work sponsored visa.

But no way should he feel like he is entitled to something for having broken the laws, no way should he be given preference over those who always respected the laws of this country and have waited patiently.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:58 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,870,214 times
Well he does have first hand experience being a criminal, so he'd probably be a good lawyer. What an idiot.

Old 07-09-2011, 04:17 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,806,156 times
If laws don't matter, or breaking them doesn't matter than why even have a license to practice law? Just let anyone who wants to be a lawyer be one. No license needed. Certainly citizenship is more important than a lawyer license and if citizenship is nothing then what else should matter?

Old 07-09-2011, 04:59 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,213,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
How can you say that? You know they only take the jobs we won't do!

Now the wages can be pulled out from under lawers too. I almost have to laugh at that. Wonder if he/she will work for the ACLU.
I was joking, because it takes an enormous jackass to base his public policy positions exclusively on self-interest.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If laws don't matter, or breaking them doesn't matter than why even have a license to practice law? Just let anyone who wants to be a lawyer be one. No license needed. Certainly citizenship is more important than a lawyer license and if citizenship is nothing then what else should matter?
The average lawyer, and the average person, breaks a pretty substantial number of laws.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:39 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,688,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
The average lawyer, and the average person, breaks a pretty substantial number of laws.
Do you have a different argument to present? You sound like a broken record!

Everyone breaks laws! That does not make it right though.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Do you have a different argument to present? You sound like a broken record!

Everyone breaks laws! That does not make it right though.
Nor does it make any given violation wrong. "It's illegal!" is just not a good argument. If people stop making it, I'll stop telling them it's a useless assertion to make.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:43 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,873,182 times
Quote:
I was joking, because it takes an enormous jackass to base his public policy positions exclusively on self-interest.

I happen to agree with you on this.

I have also broken a couple laws. I have been retired for many years and live in a small town. On occasion I have parked on the wrong side of the street. I think I may have even made a couple illegal u-turns in my life. But I highly doubt those things are capable of changing the living standards of an entire country let alone cause much alarm in my small community.

As far as the jackasses (your word) that want to sell this country out for votes, I think it's despicable. I also feel that way about those that will sell this country out for cheap labor. So yes, the open border folks willing to sell us out for their own self interests are jackasses in my opinion as well.

But then I guess those that are crossing our borders and residing here illegally must be jackasses as well because there is a whole lot of self interest going on there. And I know that if I get caught parking on the wrong side of the street I may have to pay a fine and move my car, but I'm sure as "H" not going to blame my community for what I did and tell them I am not at fault simply because the other side of the street was vacant. People know when they are breaking the law and realize that there are consequences that go along with their "self interested" actions.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:13 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times
Quote:
Nor does it make any given violation wrong. "It's illegal!" is just not a good argument. If people stop making it, I'll stop telling them it's a useless assertion to make.
There’s a huge difference between a person who has broken “a” law, and one who consistently breaks laws. I don’t know too many people who have not received a parking ticket or a speeding ticket at least once during their lifetime. But, to compare them to people whose ENTIRE existence relies on the daily violation of laws is beyond absurd.

Every aspect of illegal immigration is a violation of our laws -- from their illegal presence to their illegal employment, including ID theft and fraud. Illegal aliens lead lifestyles based on lawlessness. Most of us don’t.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:21 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,338,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
There’s a huge difference between a person who has broken “a” law, and one who consistently breaks laws. I don’t know too many people who have not received a parking ticket or a speeding ticket at least once during their lifetime. But, to compare them to people whose ENTIRE existence relies on the daily violation of laws is beyond absurd.

Every aspect of illegal immigration is a violation of our laws -- from their illegal presence to their illegal employment, including ID theft and fraud. Illegal aliens lead lifestyles based on lawlessness. Most of us don’t.
Good answer, Benicar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration