Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 03:31 PM

570 posts, read 1,585,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
We will ALWAYS take care of children who are here regardless of how they got here. That's a given and part of being a civilized society. The issues that need resolving start BEFORE that point but we think yanking food from them will solve anything? Nope.

Abuse is abuse and it's more often AMERICANS who abuse the system. Fact. Now...what are we going to do about it?
May a Little to civilized for our own good.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:33 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,021,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
This isn't an answer. Give me a dollar amount.

Personally I am against flushing money down the toilet on overseas boondoggles. I don't see why we have to accept THAT expense as some unchangable given, while we ARE able to debate spending on food assistance for kids. Just give me some dollar amounts. SHOW me that this sort of assistance is as big of a boondoggle as you claim. Let's see the numbers. you obviously have some data, since you use the word "billions," so share it with us.
Still waiting.

I went ahead and did a little digging on my own.

I feel like being a little generous, so I went with the most biased number I could think of. CIS claims "$11 billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments."

source:
How Much Do Illegal Immigrants REALLY Cost the United States? | Personal Liberty Digest

According to NPR, the army spends $20 billion per year just for AIR CONDITIONING in Iraq.

Among The Costs Of War: Billions A Year In A.C.? : NPR

If you're really worried about this country going bankrupt, then making welfare for illegals your flagship issue is just plain foolish. This isn't about the money at all. It's about who is getting that money. Plain and simple. Anyone who says different is either ignorant or lying. There's no other explanation. None.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:00 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,540,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
So they're NOT "stealing" all the jobs from Americans? Because the only way they could get those jobs is by doing something valuable to society. I am glad to hear this, a lot of the forum will now be able to sleep better knowing all those jobs are safe from illegal invaders - they just want the handouts, guys!

Let's think outside of the box you live in.

Illegal aliens used to be hired under a sustainable wage, they also detected free (not free 'cause I pay for it and so do you unless you are just another student not paying taxes yet) money to be gained from our social service system, housing, medical, etc.

Today, they are hired within a lower yet fairly sustainable wage while still collecting our resources. Thank the stars our local governments have finally realized it's bankrupted most states where illegal invaders have sucked the teet and it's over! (funny how in the areas where America decided we don't want to keep footing the bill, illegal aliens have left)

Valuable to society? Are you kidding me? Not only has it been found that their "craftsmanship" lack in common sense, their quality of workmanship is so far inferior, most are kicked off the job to only have to be replaced by qualified tradesmen. Over and over again, costing America again and again.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:48 PM

148 posts, read 85,705 times
[quote=getout;19935208]Let's think outside of the box you live in.

Quote:
Illegal aliens used to be hired under a sustainable wage, they also detected free (not free 'cause I pay for it and so do you unless you are just another student not paying taxes yet) money to be gained from our social service system, housing, medical, etc.
A person can't be hired under a sustainable wage by definition ( because they will die eventually). Unless you mean that every illegal immigrant is receiving some kind of subsidy which is lol. Or slavery.

Quote:
Today, they are hired within a lower yet fairly sustainable wage while still collecting our resources. Thank the stars our local governments have finally realized it's bankrupted most states where illegal invaders have sucked the teet and it's over! (funny how in the areas where America decided we don't want to keep footing the bill, illegal aliens have left)
Sounds like a problem with a welfare state and not illegal aliens. The best solution would to have people who work pay into the welfare state legally or abolish the welfare state entirely.

Quote:
Valuable to society? Are you kidding me? Not only has it been found that their "craftsmanship" lack in common sense, their quality of workmanship is so far inferior, most are kicked off the job to only have to be replaced by qualified tradesmen. Over and over again, costing America again and again.
It is only natural that someone does the same job at a cheaper rate to steal another's job. But the fact is that a person is hired and remains to be employed if they can do a satisfactory job ( barring external issues such as state interference). So yes if a person is hired and not receiving more state subsidies than they are producing they are contributing to society. If their quality of craftsman ship is inferior then employers will hire those who have higher craftsman ship.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:59 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,876,254 times
It's really very simple. Don't come here and ask for handouts from the American taxpayer. If you can't afford to feed yourself or your children then go home. Americans are not responsible for the care and feeding of Latin America's underclass.

FYI, obesity rates in Mexico (yes the country that sends us the majority of illegals) are huge:

Obesity up in Mexico, especially among children | Health & Medicine | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

So asking them to go home is hardly putting them on a starvation diet.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:01 PM

148 posts, read 85,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
It's really very simple. Don't come here and ask for handouts from the American taxpayer. If you can't afford to feed yourself or your children then go home. Americans are not responsible for the care and feeding of Latin America's underclass.

FYI, obesity rates in Mexico (yes the country that sends us the majority of illegals) are huge:

Obesity up in Mexico, especially among children | Health & Medicine | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

So asking them to go home is hardly putting them on a starvation diet.
Agreed. Cut welfare benefits for immigrants for 3 - 5 years and call it a day.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:05 PM

37,158 posts, read 42,298,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Then our government needs to give them one meal and ship them back to their homelands with their parents instead of feeding them for 18 years. That's pretty civilized in my book. Again, Americans have a right to welfare when needed, however I am all for ending any abuse there also.
Complain and moan...then propose a completely unworkable solution. Awesome. And typical.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:29 PM

199 posts, read 179,288 times
Poor people need to stop having kids (or at least having kids they can't afford).

The welfare state needs to be stricter about who it supports.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:50 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,336,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Complain and moan...then propose a completely unworkable solution. Awesome. And typical.
Typical of your side to think that allowing illegal aliens to remain here and suck us dry as being a "workable solution".

Old 07-08-2011, 10:42 PM

37,158 posts, read 42,298,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Typical of your side to think that allowing illegal aliens to remain here and suck us dry as being a "workable solution".
I specifically said that things need to be done before we get to the point of feeding the kids. You have no idea "what side" I'm on...as if there are sides anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration