Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 01:45 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,592,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
This is not data:

That is an unsourced statement. It's totally meaningless if we're talking about data.
Please note my previous post.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:51 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,021,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Until you post the "racist" sections from our immigration laws, as previously requested, don’t expect me to prove ANYTHING to you. Comprende?
I don't expect you to prove anything regardless.

I do expect you to keep harping on one little super-narrowly-definied point that you think you've "won" on.

Which, honestly, I can't blame you. you get trounced on everything else, it's natural to construct something that you can be right about and hang on to as tightly as possible. But you're right, I can't point to specific sections since there's no explicit mention of race.

I'll make you a deal. Admit that grandfather clauses aren't racist because they don't specifically mention anything about race and then I'll admit the same about immigration laws that don't mention anything about race.

Deal?

Old 08-23-2011, 01:53 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,313,293 times
Quote:
Even when you twist the (still uncited) statistics, you manage to avoid answering the question.

Amazing (but not really).
What question? You ask 47 questions in every diatribe.

Why should we answer questions, you never do. We actually talk to other people about other issues.

You only do one issue.

I know my life is not a holy-grail-single-all-encompassing-end-all-be-all-quest, like criminal illegal aliens, are some people.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:58 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,592,033 times
Quote:
I don't expect you to prove anything regardless.

I do expect you to keep harping on one little super-narrowly-definied point that you think you've "won" on.

Which, honestly, I can't blame you. you get trounced on everything else, it's natural to construct something that you can be right about and hang on to as tightly as possible. But you're right, I can't point to specific sections since there's no explicit mention of race.

I'll make you a deal. Admit that grandfather clauses aren't racist because they don't specifically mention anything about race and then I'll admit the same about immigration laws that don't mention anything about race.

Deal?
No deal. First prove our laws are racist.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
What question? You ask 47 questions in every diatribe.
THe question the incarceration statistics were posted in response to.

Here's the exchange that led up to it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
They don't care what laws they have to break in order to achieve their goal of being in America. As was shown here this man couldn't even be bothered to stop his truck when someone he had just hit was pinned underneath. His only concern was fleeing the scene to avoid prosecution. What? I'm crushing a man to his death? That's ok because that's what I need to do in order to avoid being caught. It's sickening.
Quote:
Yeah. Again, a trait unique to illegal immigrants, right?
Quote:
A trait unique to illegal immigrants? Not really.....but it is a trait that is common with illegal immigrants.
Quote:
But how common? More common than with US citizens of similar socioeconomic background?
Quote:
21% of the Federal Prison population are illegal immigrants. There are an estimated 20 million illegals in the country which would represent about 6.5% of the total U.S. population. You do the math....
So, please explain how "21% of Federal Prison population are illegal immigrants" shows anything at all about the claim that fleeing the scene is more common for illegals. I suppose Rick Roma thought he could either yammer long enough that people forgot what he was actually supposed to be addressing or just couldn't keep it straight himself.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No deal.
Of course not.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:09 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,362,700 times
Quote:
No, it doesn't. It just changes who pays for it. The damage is the same whether you have insurance or not.

Really? Look at your policy (assuming you own a car). A 500.00 deductible is usually standard. If the other party is at fault their insurance covers everything and you don't pay the deductible. If the other party doesn't have insurance who do you suppose has to pay it?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Really? Look at your policy (assuming you own a car). A 500.00 deductible is usually standard. If the other party is at fault their insurance covers everything and you don't pay the deductible. If the other party doesn't have insurance who do you suppose has to pay it?
Yes, I agree with this. How does that contradict my statement that the damage is the same, insurance only changes who pays for it?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:12 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,313,293 times
Quote:
THe question the incarceration statistics were posted in response to.

Here's the exchange that led up to it:

So, please explain how "21% of Federal Prison population are illegal immigrants" shows anything at all about the claim that fleeing the scene is more common for illegals. I suppose Rick Roma thought he could either yammer long enough that people forgot what he was actually supposed to be addressing or just couldn't keep it straight himself.
It's at least as good as your 'blue sky' comment.

I gotta admit you can talk more than anybody I know and still say nothing.

You never actually answer a complete question, you pick a tiny little, insignificant piece off, and run with it.
It's like you have a rope tied to your 'person', and you run the length of it (in a circle) around a question,
without ever coming near the real question.

How's that for an analogy?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:12 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,362,700 times
Quote:
Besides being uncited, this data doesn't address the question that was asked.

It shows that illegals commit more crimes. I know that you don't like it but try to face reality.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.