Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2011, 05:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
What it boils down to:

Illegals are extremely self serving. They don't care what laws they have to break in order to achieve their goal of being in America. As was shown here this man couldn't even be bothered to stop his truck when someone he had just hit was pinned underneath. His only concern was fleeing the scene to avoid prosecution. What? I'm crushing a man to his death? That's ok because that's what I need to do in order to avoid being caught. It's sickening.
And illegals are rarely prosecuted for anything, they drive without licenses and insurance all the time, they aren't expected to abide by those laws any more than they are expected to abide by immigration laws. He plain didn't care about the American screaming for his life under his car. It wasn't convenient to stop the car and free the poor guy, just like it wasn't convenient to apply to come here legally.

These people are told they can do whatever suits them, commit felony document fraud, identity theft - whatever they please, whatever is convenient, and no laws apply to them.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:02 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
If a tree was in the middle of the road it would get hit too.

I know, I know, a tree doesn't belong in the middle of the road.
Just like criminal illegal aliens don't belong in this country.

The dent wouldn't be there at all if the criminal illegal alien wasn't there either. Gateway crime.
So... you're not... answering... the question???

Old 08-23-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Since most of them are uninsured it certainly makes a bigger dent in one's wallet.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This article isn't about a dent anyway,

Quote:
Same reason they don't bother getting insurance and why they don't follow immigration laws. They are being told they are above the laws.
So why is it that americans who don't get insurance don't get it, and why is it the ones who flee the scene of an accident flee the scene? Are they being told they are above the law?

The pattern of pretending this sort of behavior is unique to illegals continues. I know, someone will say "BUT WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT LEGAL PEOPLE" or "WHY ARE YOU MAKING EXCUSES". I'm not.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
What it boils down to:

Illegals are extremely self serving.
Right, and the people who want to keep america all to themselves (because hey, I'm already here, screw those guys that didn't get in before ME!) are just big old shining examples of loving thy neighbor and helping others.

Quote:
They don't care what laws they have to break in order to achieve their goal of being in America. As was shown here this man couldn't even be bothered to stop his truck when someone he had just hit was pinned underneath. His only concern was fleeing the scene to avoid prosecution. What? I'm crushing a man to his death? That's ok because that's what I need to do in order to avoid being caught. It's sickening.
Yeah. Again, a trait unique to illegal immigrants, right?

Old 08-23-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And illegals are rarely prosecuted for anything, they drive without licenses and insurance all the time, they aren't expected to abide by those laws any more than they are expected to abide by immigration laws.
Any data showing they're prosecuted for these crimes less than citizens?

Quote:
He plain didn't care about the American screaming for his life under his car. It wasn't convenient to stop the car and free the poor guy, just like it wasn't convenient to apply to come here legally.

These people are told they can do whatever suits them, commit felony document fraud, identity theft - whatever they please, whatever is convenient, and no laws apply to them.
There you go again. You start with talking about how THIS ONE GUY is a scumbag and from there jump to talking about "these people" in the general sense. Pretty much the textbook example of bigotry.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:14 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
I answered your question. Your accusation is unfounded. and....

Pot meet kettle. Would you like to review the questions in this thread that you have not answered?

Old 08-23-2011, 08:14 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:
As already pointed out, if legal immigrants weren't here, then those guys wouldn't accidentally kill anyone either
As already pointed out, if the illegals weren't here, they would not be breaking our laws or be illegal. Trouble grasping that?

Quote:
You haven't shown any link between their illegalness and their propensity to drive drunk. Therefore, kicking them out (and let's be clear, you're not talking about JUST kicking out the drunks, you're talking about all illegals, whether they have any history of DUI or not) isn't likely to have any effect on DUI rates greater than kicking out the same number of any other group.
You are correct. I haven't shown any link. But then, I haven't tried to. You are the one claiming no link. Let's see some proof of this. Or any of your claims, for that matter.

BTW, "any other group" of illegals, not just Mexicans, needs to be kicked out too. They are by definition laws breakers, no matter how you try to spin it. As for your claim of an attempt to "JUST kicking out the drunks", another one of your lying claims. No one but you has uttered those words, an you in a false context. Seek help.

Quote:
This is why the entire premise is bogus. It's just an excuse to go on a witch hunt. It's the politicization of a tragedy.
This is why your entire argument on the subject is bogus. All you want is for something like the dream act to come along and supersede established laws in favor of the illegals.

Quote:
If I waved a magic wand and made them all illegal, and the same result occurred (which would be the case since their legal status has no link to their drinking and driving) would you still make this thread?
[/quote]

Again, delusions of grandeur. No one said all illegals are drunk, much as you try to claim they did. Also, if you don't know (as is apparently the case with all US laws) drunk driving IS illegal. Regardless of who does it.

If you understood this, would you still continue your defense of the illegals?

Old 08-23-2011, 08:17 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Right, and the people who want to keep america all to themselves (because hey, I'm already here, screw those guys that didn't get in before ME!) are just big old shining examples of loving thy neighbor and helping others.

Yeah. Again, a trait unique to illegal immigrants, right?

Love thy neighbor? You really are a hoot. Thanks for posting. I enjoy the comic relief.

A trait unique to illegal immigrants? Not really.....but it is a trait that is common with illegal immigrants.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:17 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:
Really? What's the difference? When your car gets hit, does the damage take longer to repair because the guy that hit you is illegal? Is the dent bigger if the guy is illegal?
As I said, deflection. And poorly done at that.

Just for fun though, chances are extremely good that this illegal that his your car has no insurance. This being the case, yes it would take longer to repair your car.

Even you should be able to grasp that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.