Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 10:41 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,505,569 times

Advertisements

You don't really know what these feelings are like, unless you have lost a loved one, or a very best friend to this animalistic behavior. If you knew someone who was killed by an illegal immigrant, and left to die, while they try to hi-tale back to Mexico, it leaves a very bitter taste in your mouth, lets leave it at that.
And this happens more then we hear of, believe me. They should be held accountable every one of them who does this, as an American drunk driver. But i understand some do get away, and never held accountable for their actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 10:51 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,865,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I see no reason to believe that the same thing that has happened with illegals driving drunk and committing manslaughter such as the linked article in the OP will be treated any differently in trucking. It will cost taxpayers more for enforcement for truck vehicle inspection stations etc.... . We are already paying to upgrade the Mexican trucks so they will be eligible to drive on our roads; but, we have a thread on that already.

I've not driven in Mexico but it is my understanding there are basically no laws. In country Mexicans can drink and drive and when they come here illegally some, such as the subject of this thread, often fail to obtain a license or insurance and continue to drive as though there are no laws that apply to them here either. Just my opinion, YMMV.
Again, NAFTA trucking is unrelated to illegal immigration. You make an opinion on unverified, irrational ("there are basically no laws") data, and then try to use it as supporting your premise? I'm going to search for an online Comp and Rhet course I can offer to some members here.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:20 AM

50,681 posts, read 47,542,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Oh hell no. Not again. Doesn't matter much because
big rigs from Mexico are garbage to start with. Not
only do the tractor trailers not confrorm to DOT standrds, the drivers don't keep logs & up to date
insurance. They are a rolling wreck to start with.

As for the woman that ran over the parking valet ?
12 years is nothing but a slap on the wrist, but. what
can you expect in Colorado ? A sanctuary state that
encourages illegals to come there..
I read where we tax payers will get to pick up the tab to make these trucks safe and able to pass our smog requirements.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I read where we tax payers will get to pick up the tab to make these trucks safe and able to pass our smog requirements.
Again, not related to illegal immigration...

Old 10-03-2011, 01:03 PM

256 posts, read 288,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I see no reason to believe that the same thing that has happened with illegals driving drunk and committing manslaughter such as the linked article in the OP will be treated any differently in trucking. It will cost taxpayers more for enforcement for truck vehicle inspection stations etc.... . We are already paying to upgrade the Mexican trucks so they will be eligible to drive on our roads; but, we have a thread on that already.

I've not driven in Mexico but it is my understanding there are basically no laws. In country Mexicans can drink and drive and when they come here illegally some, such as the subject of this thread, often fail to obtain a license or insurance and continue to drive as though there are no laws that apply to them here either. Just my opinion, YMMV.
The trucks coming from Mexico are busted left and right by inspection stations for carrying drugs, smuggling illegal aliens and truck and maintenance violations. People have actually died in the backs of the semi’s trying to get across the border.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Thanks for making me gasp and feel nauseous. That would be par for the course that we pay. Time to clean house in Washington D.C.!

Old 10-03-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey_The_Laws View Post
The trucks coming from Mexico are busted left and right by inspection stations for carrying drugs, smuggling illegal aliens and truck and maintenance violations. People have actually died in the backs of the semi’s trying to get across the border.
Source, or is that your opinion?...

You wouldn't be confusing people being in the backs of semis with the trucks caught in Chiapas (bringing Central American migrants into Mexico, but no one dying in the back)?...

In fact I'm game for anyone that can bring up a legitimate news article about a semi truck coming through a U.S. Port of Entry with illegal aliens, and they were found dead in the trailer at an "inspection station"...

Without the United States honoring the NAFTA terms for Mexican trucking, you fully recognize the range that Mexican trucks can come into the United States, even to have an "inspection station" that close to the border?...

Old 10-03-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Source, or is that your opinion?...

You wouldn't be confusing people being in the backs of semis with the trucks caught in Chiapas (bringing Central American migrants into Mexico, but no one dying in the back)?...

In fact I'm game for anyone that can bring up a legitimate news article about a semi truck coming through a U.S. Port of Entry with illegal aliens, and they were found dead in the trailer at an "inspection station"...

Without the United States honoring the NAFTA terms for Mexican trucking, you fully recognize the range that Mexican trucks can come into the United States, even to have an "inspection station" that close to the border?...
There are a lot more stories too.

Trucker charged in deaths of immigrants
Driver admits role authorities seeking smuggling masterminds

VICTORIA, Texas - A truck driver whose rig carried 18 illegal immigrants to their deaths has admitted his role in the case, according to government documents made public yesterday, but officials said the masterminds of the smuggling operation remained at large.

----

Border Patrol Finds 12 Illegal Immigrants In Unventilated Truck In Texas | Fox News

----

48 illegal immigrants in closed trailer at Laredo | khou.com Houston

----

May 19, 2011

513 Illegal Aliens Caught in Two Trucks On the Way to the U.S. | DAN STEIN // STEIN REPORT 2000-2010®

Old 10-03-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey_The_Laws View Post
There are a lot more stories too.

Driver admits role authorities seeking smuggling masterminds

VICTORIA, Texas - A truck driver whose rig carried 18 illegal immigrants to their deaths has admitted his role in the case, according to government documents made public yesterday, but officials said the masterminds of the smuggling operation remained at large.
The driver, "Tyrone Williams, 32, of Schenectady, N.Y.", doesn't sound like a Mexican driver, a Mexican truck, or really much of anything related to NAFTA at all. The case is from 2003, and he didn't bring them into the United States with the truck. Do you have anything more current, with a Mexican-based truck hauling migrants under NAFTA?

Nothing in either of these stories identifies a Mexican truck, Mexican driver, or involvement with NAFTA in any way that the migrants were brought through a Port of Entry in the semi trailer...

This is the story from Chiapas I was referring to. Do you know where Chiapas is? Saying that the Central Americans just brought into Mexico are headed to the United States (navigating through all of Mexico to be brought into the United States in those trailers) is pure speculation. It also isn't associated with NAFTA.

More stories please, if you use them as ammo against NAFTA, they need to be associated with NAFTA...

Old 10-03-2011, 06:59 PM

Driver admits role

authorities seeking smuggling masterminds

Trucker charged in deaths of immigrants - Baltimore Sun

The driver, Tyrone Williams, 32, of Schenectady, N.Y., appeared before a U.S. magistrate in Houston and was charged with transporting and harboring illegal immigrants and conspiracy to transport immigrants. Because of the deaths, the charges could carry a life sentence if Williams is convicted, said Victoria County District Attorney Dexter Eaves
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration