Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 09:11 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No one has even remotely implied that ANYONE must show proof of U.S. citizenship. Furthermore, if it is unconstitutional for “immigrants” to show proof of legal status, then you should inform USCIS, because THEY require all immigrants to carry documentation AT ALL TIMES. Look it up, I’m going to bed.

No one has garbage over their face, other than those who pathetically attempt to defend the indefensible foreign invaders.
Excellent post, Benicar. It will fall on deaf ears though by those with an unsavory agenda.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
U.S. citizens also often lack the documentation that they would carry on a daily basis to prove they have a right to be here...
Often? Really? Most every American I know of never leaves their homes without their DL or state I.D.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Citizens look like aliens. Aliens look like citizens. They both look like each other.
Right! So what's your point?

Old 10-04-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
U.S. citizens certainly do have an immigration status. Why do you think that the Border Patrol would stop me unless they wanted to know my immigration status? They are satisfied with a verbal declaration from me (remember how dangerous I said that was? - I am implying that law enforcement officers are not detaining people based on how they look and sound) - and I can legally refuse to provide it, without any lasting consequence - but in this case I am taking about having to show a defined document you would be carrying.

Good enough criteria for checkpoints throughout the United States too?...
They stop you at the border to make sure you are a legal immigrant or a citizen or have some other legal right to cross our border. Citizens are not immigrants if they were born here and naturalized citizens are former immigrants. Therefore, citizens do not have an immigration status.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:26 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,822 times
Quote:
U.S. citizens also often lack the documentation that they would carry on a daily basis to prove they have a right to be here...
Florida adult citizens have to have ID (picture) all the time.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:31 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
They stop you at the border to make sure you are a legal immigrant or a citizen or have some other legal right to cross our border. Citizens are not immigrants if they were born here and naturalized citizens are former immigrants. Therefore, citizens do not have an immigration status.
No, it is CBP personnel at the Port of Entries. Border Patrol are inland, up to 100 miles from the border or a entry point like an international airport. The Border Patrol stops I have had happen to me have been closer to home than the border.

Benicar implied (although not understanding an Alien Registration number) that a Resident Card meant an Immigrant Visa was issued, how can you say that a U.S. citizen does not have an implied immigration status?...

Old 10-04-2011, 09:34 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
A Legal Permanent Resident residing in Florida doesn't qualify for the ID?...

Old 10-04-2011, 09:43 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Bull...absolute bull..

Show your source...

Old 10-05-2011, 02:24 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
First Illegal Alien Arrested Under Alabama Immigration Law is From YEMEN | Stand With Arizona (http://standwitharizona.com/blog/2011/10/03/first-illegal-alien-arrested-under-alabama-immigration-law-is-from-yemen/ - broken link)

I wonder why they didn’t release him when they discovered he isn’t from Mexico. Could it be the law isn’t anti-Hispanic/Mexican, rather anti-illegal from ANY country? Hmmm. .
Snagged a potential terrorist off to a great start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration