Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 06:23 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,963 times

Advertisements

That's how you know you live in a great country. The day people stop risking their lives to come to America to live the American Dream is the day we stop been the greatest country on earth. Who for example would risk their life to get into China or India?

As Ronald Reagan said, America is like a city set up on a hill that cannot be hid. I'm glad that the whole world wants to come here. No matter what the xenophobes say, we are a country of immigrants and America will always be a place that attracts and welcome all stripes of immigrants from legal to illegal.

In the words of Lady Liberty, I'll close by saying:

Quote:
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Hooray to America, land of immigrants and greatest country on earth!

Old 11-01-2011, 06:39 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
That's how you know you live in a great country. The day people stop risking their lives to come to America to live the American Dream is the day we stop been the greatest country on earth. Who for example would risk their life to get into China or India?

As Ronald Reagan said, America is like a city set up on a hill that cannot be hid. I'm glad that the whole world wants to come here. No matter what the xenophobes say, we are a country of immigrants and America will always be a place that attracts and welcome all stripes of immigrants from legal to illegal.

In the words of Lady Liberty, I'll close by saying:

Hooray to America, land of immigrants and greatest country on earth!
The USA needs to be deport ALL illegal aliens. Legal immigrants are cool.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:41 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,065,651 times
Well, that's quite a position you have taken.
Have you ever been to AZ? If not, you ought to take a trip. Immigrants have been controlled in numbers for years and years. Goodness knows, we the US of A, do not have the resources needed to support the entire world population if they all should decide to come here. But illegals don't care about those numbers. They don't care about the money that regular US citizens have to pay out when they get sick, are homeless, are criminals and put in jail, or when their children need education. And alot of them get wages without paying taxes or social security or the stuff we, the US citizens, have to pay. Illegal is Illegal. That's why we have laws. I could not disagree with your opinion on this more.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:42 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,552,021 times
America has no use for illiterate people who can't speak English.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:50 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
FYI, we are no longer a land of "immigrants". That was long ago. We are nation of Americans today that way outnumbers our immigrant population.

We do not welcome illegal aliens. Why do we have immigration laws then? Why does every nation on this earth have immigration laws?

All lawbreakers take risks when they break the law and we are to find it honorable when illegals do the same? The American Dream is for the asking not to be taken without asking first. Illegals may have their American Dream while making it an American nightmare for us. Guess we don't count though, right?

Here we go with the xenophobe smear again. For the umpteenth time, xenophobia is a fear of strangers. Just who is a stranger in our country? We already have every ethnic group and race living in our country legally. We take in over 1 million legal immigrants annually. I am so sick of the lies, smears and insults by the pro-illegals!

Old 11-01-2011, 06:51 PM

The single largest group of legal immigrants, are, in fact, Mexican.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:55 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,295 times
Any Country that rewards people for ignoring their immigration laws by providing Anchor Babies with free welfare, section 8, food stamps AND pays to educate Illegal children all while rewarding their ILLEGAL parents will alway be popular.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:58 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
The single largest group of legal immigrants, are, in fact, Mexican.
They are also the largest group here illegally. Yet they continue to whine.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:59 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
America has no use for illiterate people who can't speak English.
Tell that to the farmers who employ them to pick your vegetables so that you can buy them cheaply in big chain supermarkets.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Tell that to the farmers who employ them to pick your vegetables so that you can buy them cheaply in big chain supermarkets.
That's illegal.

Even Cesar Chavez opposed that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration