Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 10:20 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times

Advertisements

There are those who claim the illegals are only coming to work. Obviously that is false. This also shows how careless the unemployment office agents are when handing out this money.

Insurance News - Undocumented Ecuadorian immigrant living in New Haven sentenced for unemployment benefits fraud [New Haven Register, Conn.]

A citizen of Ecuador who most recently was living in New Haven has been sentenced to approximately six months in prison, and faces deportation, for misusing a Social Security number to illegally receive $21,746 in unemployment compensation benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 11:42 AM

And where are all those who want something done about the incompetence of ICE agents who didn't pick up on the lying 15 year old's claims she was an illegal -- how about investigations and firing of incompetent unemployment benefits agents who couldn't spot this guy's lies?

Old 01-07-2012, 11:51 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There are those who claim the illegals are only coming to work. Obviously that is false. This also shows how careless the unemployment office agents are when handing out this money.

Insurance News - Undocumented Ecuadorian immigrant living in New Haven sentenced for unemployment benefits fraud [New Haven Register, Conn.]

A citizen of Ecuador who most recently was living in New Haven has been sentenced to approximately six months in prison, and faces deportation, for misusing a Social Security number to illegally receive $21,746 in unemployment compensation benefits.

The vast majority of illegals are here to financially rape, pillage and destroy this country. They could care less about America. They simply want what we have and will stop at nothing to achieve their selfish desires. It's way past time to blow out the lamp. We don't need anymore tired, poor, uneducated illegal aliens pooring into this country.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
The vast majority of illegals are here to financially rape, pillage and destroy this country. They could care less about America. They simply want what we have and will stop at nothing to achieve their selfish desires. It's way past time to blow out the lamp. We don't need anymore tired, poor, uneducated illegal aliens pooring into this country.
Yes. I'm beginning to think it's a rather rare illegal who is here not committing any other fraud, just working off the books but paying into social security and FICA taxes AND paying for his own health insurance so that he would not be a burden on taxpayers.

Of course I live on the border where the Medicaid cases are sky high, food stamp and WIC use is absurdly high. It doesn't look to me like the immigrants are coming to pay their own way for their costs at all.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:13 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes. I'm beginning to think it's a rather rare illegal who is here not committing any other fraud, just working off the books but paying into social security and FICA taxes AND paying for his own health insurance so that he would not be a burden on taxpayers.

Of course I live on the border where the Medicaid cases are sky high, food stamp and WIC use is absurdly high. It doesn't look to me like the immigrants are coming to pay their own way for their costs at all.
The tax fraud perpetrated by illegal aliens in this country is costing us billions annually. I speak as a former tax fraud investigator for the IRS.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:06 PM

387 posts, read 337,463 times
Unemployment fraud happens. Often uses illegals as the straw workers. But the perps are seldom illegal. Big mob went down recently in the west. More than a million dollars.

These frauds may well occur. Used to be a special of some of the gypsy groups. But they are relatively sophisticated and generally are not pulled off by the normal illegal alien. He is more likely to end up the straw worker holding the bag and no money.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:00 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Unemployment fraud happens. Often uses illegals as the straw workers. But the perps are seldom illegal. Big mob went down recently in the west. More than a million dollars.

These frauds may well occur. Used to be a special of some of the gypsy groups. But they are relatively sophisticated and generally are not pulled off by the normal illegal alien. He is more likely to end up the straw worker holding the bag and no money.
always with the "excuse"....

Old 01-07-2012, 07:13 PM

387 posts, read 337,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
always with the "excuse"....
No excuse. I simply say it is BS.

No cogent argument...so...puff, puff, puff

Old 01-07-2012, 07:17 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,214,990 times
I think it safe to say that the majority of illegals are committing fraud of some kind just to live here. So I am not at all surprised that 1 was caught committing fraud for unemployment.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:19 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
No excuse. I simply say it is BS.

No cogent argument...so...puff, puff, puff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration