Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 04:09 PM

435 posts, read 1,521,924 times

Advertisements

Honestly, I don't care about the "changes". I know you may think that sounds lame/disingenous, but honestly, American society is so far down the ****ter, I think some "color" would be a welcome change. Many of the immigrants I've met are good people and work hard, unlike some subsets of Americans.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:22 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,473,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
My neighbor across the street bought a home at the samer time I did. They are not here legally, do not speak english. I know this because I speak spanish and gave them an american flag to replace the mexican one they put on their porch.
For three years he doesn't work, just sits and stares at my house. He has 9 'relatives' living with him in a 2 bedroom house...they do not work....they go to emergency room for toothaches...the 13 yr old drives their car because "it's ok in Mexico". Their 20 yr old son just arrived from Mexico with his 14 yr old pregnant wife.
I've called immigration and the police and told "not a priority".

I'll lose 15k when I sell my house due to the neighborhood going to illegals...
it will be worth it to get away from these people.
I would call I forget the dept. I think that planning and zoning will be able to direct you as far as the number of occupants that can reside in a home legally. Or better yet call immigration and turn them in.......

Old 09-01-2007, 05:32 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,345,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreDudley View Post
the answers to your questions on diversity can be found by taking a trip to any established successful racially-mixed society: Brazil, South Africa, Columbia, India, Egypt, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic...

the physical and social empirical evidence is there for you study.
Have you ever been to those countries?

They are not as successfully mixed as you would like to think

Old 09-01-2007, 05:34 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,350,980 times
What, you mean immigration is affecting the demographics of our country??? Wow, there really is nothing new under the sun any more, is there?

Old 09-01-2007, 06:06 PM

110 posts, read 356,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Have you ever been to those countries?

They are not as successfully mixed as you would like to think
true, but they are as successful as diversity can get!

Old 09-01-2007, 06:13 PM

110 posts, read 356,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briarwood View Post
Honestly, I don't care about the "changes". I know you may think that sounds lame/disingenous, but honestly, American society is so far down the ****ter, I think some "color" would be a welcome change. Many of the immigrants I've met are good people and work hard, unlike some subsets of Americans.
so basically you accept the defeat by the 70+ year war against the US by the latino drug empires. the society which you curse is the direct result of this war. the new society which you embrace as the solution to the problems created by the agitators are the legions of the agitators.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:51 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,759,488 times
Diversity is not the problem.

Non-assimilation, insistence upon bilingual education, social services stretched nearly to bankruptcy, and natural resources which are on a collision course with extinction--now those are problems.

I am of European and Native American extraction. My sister married a second generation Japanese American so my niece and nephews are European/Apache Japanese Americans. One of my other sister's husband is second generation Mexican American and my nieces and nephew are European/Apache Mexican Americans. My newest grandchild is bi-racial, Black and American mutt.

I don't worry about the racial mixture of this country. I worry about the disappearance of American culture--which is worth saving, and the destruction of our natural resources as well as the disintegration of the social fabric of this country.

As far a racial diversity is concerned, I wouldn't care if we were all striped and polka dotted.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:45 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,533,160 times
Quote:
I don't worry about the racial mixture of this country. I worry about the disappearance of American culture--which is worth saving,
Which brings me back to my original question: how do we define American culture? What is it that you are trying to save? I bet there is no unanimous definition of American culture.

I had a discussion once with a Christian fundamentalist who defined American culture through the prism of his own religion: white Anglo Saxon protestantism. His definition obviously excludes large swaths of the American population: American Catholics, Mormons, Jews, blacks, native Americans, agnostics/atheists etc etc. Do these groups have less of a claim to American culture than the WASP? Who gave the WASP the right to monopolize the label American to himself?

Old 09-01-2007, 07:55 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,684,340 times
I think any change due to legal immigration is a good thing.

But demographic shifts due to illegal aliens is something entirely different. And the effect of illegal aliens on American society can be seen by anyone visiting a local jail. Illegal aliens have no respect for America, or any of her people. They commit crime in a manner that destroys communities and neighborhoods. And the more our population demographics shift due to illegal aliens, the more our very country itself will be destroyed.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:46 AM

435 posts, read 1,521,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreDudley View Post
so basically you accept the defeat by the 70+ year war against the US by the latino drug empires. the society which you curse is the direct result of this war. the new society which you embrace as the solution to the problems created by the agitators are the legions of the agitators.
I don't see how getting upset over the color of my neighbors is productive or christian. For one, people are people and there are lots of white *******s too. Second, as far as "defeat" goes, you post is typical Stormfront nonsense. And since I don't see either Euro-Americans or Europeans themselves "doing" anything about reversing the demographic decline (read: Make more children), then frankly, it's little use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration