Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 02:40 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,859,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Why should it be otherwise? Why should Mexicans specifically be allowed to immigrate to America just becaus they're Mexicans? Especially in the middle of a huge recession? And why should Americans give a damn if they can't? Do Americans have some sort of special responsibility to residents of the world's 12th largest economy merely because we share a border with them?

We don't need people with a mediocre education who don't speak English here right now.
If they qualify (by a relationship to a U.S. citizen, for example), why not?...

Old 01-10-2012, 02:45 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,859,531 times
Quote:
You understand the you in that instance was a reference to the illegals and not to you specifically? Or is that notion too complex for you?

Illegal aliens are largely hispanic. That's the only reason they are so widely supported in the hispanic community. If they were Chinese I daresay you (and most illegal supporters with some sort of tie to the hispanic community) would be utterly against them.
You lost the dare, I do not base any of my stance on ethnicity (I'm actually trying to get it discussed why there is the involvement of ethnicity in the argument against illegal aliens)...

For your response, the comments were specifically leveled at me...

Old 01-10-2012, 02:55 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,878,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
If they qualify (by a relationship to a U.S. citizen, for example), why not?...
What kind of relationship? Should you be able to bring in your grandmother even though she has numerous health problems and requires massive medical treatment at public expense? Legal immigrants should be able to bring in a spouse and children. Illegals should be asked to leave.

Do you disagree with these stances?

Old 01-10-2012, 03:03 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,878,284 times
Quote:
You lost the dare, I do not base any of my stance on ethnicity (I'm actually trying to get it discussed why there is the involvement of ethnicity in the argument against illegal aliens)...

For your response, the comments were specifically leveled at me...
So we're daring each other now?

Isn't that a form of trolling and against the TOS?

The fact that most illegals are hispanic is the only reason that most hispanics and most hispanic leaders support them. There's really no other reason as they don't contribute economically and do impose costs on most Americans. If they were economically valuable Mexico's government would be begging them to come home instead of pushing them here so arrogantly.

It's ironic that the pro-illegals are forever yelling that people are only against illegals because of racial reasons when the only reason most people are in favor of them is precisely on the basis oF race and ethnicity.

I'm tired as hell of it. I care that people who want to come here speak fluent English, have been vetted by following legal qualifications and contribute economically. I don't give a damn about their skin color or ethnic identity. The people who mostly do are the pro-illegals. I'm sick to god of people ascribing nefarious motives to me and my fellow supporters when we make such rational assertions.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:08 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,080,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
That is of course all irrelevant as our typical Mexican is in none of those categories.

I am also well aware that an immigrant may spend a long period of time between a visa status and receiving the LPR. They may even travel freely though lacking LPR or a visa.
H2A - will work for 4th grade or less fortunate (your typical Mexican illegal alien) and can apply to Adjust Status during the time on the visa. I just made your claim of irrelevance irrelevant.

Travel freely? Where? In the US or outside the US? If they are in the US on an immigrant visa they require a form to leave and re-enter issued by USCIS. If they are LPR they can leave and re-enter simply by showing their "green card".

Old 01-10-2012, 04:21 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,347,396 times
Quote:
Well, she had less than a third-grade education when we brought her, but we put my youngest stepdaughter in school rather than having her pick any crops...

Maybe that Georgia schoolteacher can also write up homework assignments about Latinos too...
Moot point. The ones with only a third grade education that we object to being here ilegally are the adults. But then you knew that.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Why should it be otherwise? Why should Mexicans specifically be allowed to immigrate to America just becaus they're Mexicans? Especially in the middle of a huge recession? And why should Americans give a damn if they can't? Do Americans have some sort of special responsibility to residents of the world's 12th largest economy merely because we share a border with them?

We don't need people with a mediocre education who don't speak English here right now.
I think it laughable these claims that it so difficult for Mexicans to migrate here legally. I have posted this link over and over in here. Mexicans and other Latinos make up by far the largest number of immigrants here legally.

http://ohmygov.com/blogs/general_new...n-the-u-s.aspx

Old 01-10-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Illegal aliens (at least the kind discussed outside this forum) are also in my own ethnicity (and would be, for any ethnicity I could be)...

And you do realize, that the last ancestor I have that immigrated to the United States was in 1884?...
But "most" illegals are not of your ancestor's nationalities. It is mostly Mexicans here illegally. It seems more likely that your views are based on you having a Mexican wife and step children. I suppose this will be considered to be off topic once again but hanging out in La Raza forums where hate was directed at white people is another indicator that this isn't about German, etc. illegals to you.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
You understand the you in that instance was a reference to the illegals and not to you specifically? Or is that notion too complex for you?

Illegal aliens are largely hispanic. That's the only reason they are so widely supported in the hispanic community. If they were Chinese I daresay you (and most illegal supporters with some sort of tie to the hispanic community) would be utterly against them.
I have pointed this out myself several times. If most of these illegals were Chinese, Hispanics and those with ties to Hispanics would be screaming just as loud as we are.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:57 PM

441 posts, read 888,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
The only way a Mexican not a relative is going to get a resident visa in the US is via the diversity lottery. There is no other way other than having a Phd or a similar credential in some wanted field.
The Diversity Visa Lottery is not open to Mexicans because too many have immigrated here recently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration