Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 04:30 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,703,872 times

Advertisements

Yes, lets reward for bad behavior as in my kids brake the rules and I give them a treat!!!! Amnesty will do nothing but bring more illegals in trying to get Amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Or, we could just stop providing the freebies instead and save ourselves a bundle of money. We don't have to give them amnesty to put the brakes on their rape of our country's resources.
Exactly, stop giving them anything and everything and they will have no reasons to be here or come here.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:31 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,964,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yes, lets reward for bad behavior as in my kids brake the rules and I give them a treat!!!! Amnesty will do nothing but bring more illegals in trying to get Amnesty.
As I said before, If we give them amnesty we could save money by not trying to hunt them down and deport them and use the money to max. security fence.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:33 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,347,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
They would be denied like all the other Americans who can't pay.
No American is denied healthcare because of their inability to pay. You are seriously misinformed

Old 12-12-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
As I said before, If we give them amnesty we could save money by not trying to hunt them down and deport them and use the money to max. security fence.
They dont deserve Amnesty and it will do nothing for keeping the illegals out. We dont need to deport, take everything away and they will leave. fence? We need a moat with alligators

Old 12-12-2007, 04:39 PM

206 posts, read 411,401 times
If people feel entitled enough to take to the streets en masse, demanding rights, blocking our traffic, burning our flag--all while they are here illegally, what would they demand if they ever actually got some footing to make demands legally?

Amnesty is only attractive to those who benefit from illegal labor, posture moral superiority, or actually identify with the illegals at some level.
The rest of us recognize that amnesty would breed more illegal immigration (as history has shown), and would permanently diminish our quality of life.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
No American is denied healthcare because of their inability to pay. You are seriously misinformed
Ever seen SiCko? I'm freaking watching it right now! People are being denied treatment because they can't pay.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
They dont deserve Amnesty and it will do nothing for keeping the illegals out. We dont need to deport, take everything away and they will leave. fence? We need a moat with alligators
That won't work. They kill alligators and turn them into boots and belts.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
That won't work. They kill alligators and turn them into boots and belts.
Oh Florida has a surplus, we can finally put them to good use!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-12-2007, 05:15 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,491,789 times
Quote:
Ever seen SiCko? I'm freaking watching it right now! People are being denied treatment because they can't pay.
ProLogic, no one can be denied emergency medical care- if you go to an ER you have to be seen. Someone has to see you and assess your complaint no matter what it is.

Quote:
The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (42 U.S.C. § 1395dd, EMTALA) is a United States Act of Congress passed in 1986 as part of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act. It requires hospitals and ambulance services to provide care to anyone needing emergency treatment regardless of citizenship, legal status or ability to pay. There are no reimbursement provisions. As a result of the act, patients needing emergency treatment can be discharged only under their own informed consent or when their condition requires transfer to a hospital better equipped to administer the treatment.
EMTALA applies to "participating hospitals", i.e., those that accept payment from the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) under the Medicare program. However, in practical terms, EMTALA applies to virtually all hospitals in the U.S., with the exception of the Shriners Hospitals for Children, Indian Health Services, and military VA hospitals. The combined payments of Medicare and Medicaid, $602 billion in 2004,[1] or roughly 44% of all medical expenditures in the U.S., make not participating in EMTALA impractical for nearly all hospitals. EMTALA's provisions apply to all patients, and not just to Medicare patients.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergen...tive_Labor_Act

I am in the middle of cooking supper, bbl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration