Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 03:55 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Wanting legal immigration delayed, or put on hold for a while, does not equal anti-immigration. I love my two cats, but do I want more? No, not right now. I figure two is what I can properly care for. Does that make me anti-cat? Hardly!
You are comparing a cat to an action. Horrible analogy. Now if you compared cat breeding to immigration you might have a point. If you bred cats for years and decided that too many cats existed in our society and wanted to stop cat breeding, even temporarily, then yes, at that point you become anti- cat breeding. Once you resume cat breeding you are no longer anti cat breeding

Old 02-24-2012, 03:56 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
People know the difference. They simply try to blur the lines so that they can use lame excuses to justify their position.
Your post is so spot on! almost a stroy line. They simply try and blur the truth, so that their lame excuses will be justified. True.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:59 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Apples and oranges. You can hardly compare two cats living in your house to immigrants trying to move to the United States Legally. You guys whine all day about illegal immigration, yet you are trying to put a stop to legal immigration? How does that make sense?
Not apples and oranges at all. It was a great analogy. It was meant to show that too much of a good thing can be a bad thing so temperance in numbers is logical. I see, so objecting to illegal immigration is "whining"? What is it called when the advocates for illegals constantly deny everything negative about illegal immigration? Don't make statements that we are trying to stop legal immigration either. Temporarily decreasing something is not the same thing as stopping it. You're the one not making any sense.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:00 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, they don't since it is a false label meant to demonize people unfairly. I have to laugh when you say people have the right to call someone whatever they want and yet I believe you are one who objected to being called pro-illegal. Hyprocicy, much?

Try reading all the posts in here explaining why most Americans aren't anti-"immigrant" even though they want legal immigration controlled or reduced temporarily. No wonder you're still waiting for an answer from the anti-"immigrant" crowd to answer your questions as there are none in this forum. I have asked many questions of a certain sympathizer for illegal aliens in here and never got answers to them so walk a mile in my shoes and stop YOUR whining.
You can call me pro-illegal and any other name you want..i don't really care! So the terms pro-illegal is not used to demonize people unfairly? What i object to is posters on here who complain about others putting false labels on them, and yet they are so quick to call people who don't agree with them on the issue Pro-illegal, Open-borders, Criminal lovers etc. It goes both ways IMO.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:04 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Not apples and oranges at all. It was a great analogy. It was meant to show that too much of a good thing can be a bad thing so temperance in numbers is logical. I see, so objecting to illegal immigration is "whining"? What is it called when the advocates for illegals constantly deny everything negative about illegal immigration? Don't make statements that we are trying to stop legal immigration either. Temporarily decreasing something is not the same thing as stopping it. You're the one not making any sense.
So If someone wants to severely restrict the 2nd amendment, does this make the person anti-gun? Yes or no? Dance around this one.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:01 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
I'm still waiting for someone from the anti-immigrant crowd to mention which one of the current options for legal immigration they support! You can't have your cake and eat it too! If you support putting legal forms of immigration on hold, you open up yourself for the anti-immigrant label. Just deal with it and stop all the whining! People have the right to call you whatever they want.
I'm in favor of slowing down, NOT stopping legal immigration. Now; ILLEGAL immigration needs to be stopped cold AND I wanna see any illegal alien picked up, held, then deported with a 10 year ban back into the US.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
You can call me pro-illegal and any other name you want..i don't really care! So the terms pro-illegal is not used to demonize people unfairly? What i object to is posters on here who complain about others putting false labels on them, and yet they are so quick to call people who don't agree with them on the issue Pro-illegal, Open-borders, Criminal lovers etc. It goes both ways IMO.
I have never called anyone a criminal lover or an open border's freak. However, being pro-illegal simply means being an advocate/defender/sympathizer of illegal aliens. That label fits those who want them to remain here rather than deported. You calling Americans who merely want illegal immigration stopped and legal immigration temporarily reduced doesn't on any sane plane make them anti-"immigrant".

Old 02-24-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
So If someone wants to severely restrict the 2nd amendment, does this make the person anti-gun? Yes or no? Dance around this one.
No, only if they wanted guns banned completely and forever could they be called anti-gun. It is you who is doing the dancing.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:45 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
I'm still waiting for someone from the anti-immigrant crowd to mention which one of the current options for legal immigration they support! You can't have your cake and eat it too! If you support putting legal forms of immigration on hold, you open up yourself for the anti-immigrant label. Just deal with it and stop all the whining! People have the right to call you whatever they want.
I could NOT possibly care less what I "open myself up for." And, you don't get to define what is or is not anti-IMMIGRANT. You have an opinion, and that is all you have, period.

It's real simple. As a sovereign nation, we have a right to dictate our immigration policies, which includes the number of foreigners we admit. And, we are under no obligation, either legally or morally to continue to be the world's largest recipient of immigrants. Unfortunately, massive illegal immigration has destroyed our immigration system, which now requires either a moratorium or a severe reduction. And, if you want to point fingers, make sure you include illegal aliens. Without their selfishness and lawlessness, we wouldn't be having this discussion. This is a prime example of one group ruining a good thing for others.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:50 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I could NOT possibly care less what I "open myself up for." And, you don't get to define what is or is not anti-IMMIGRANT. You have an opinion, and that is all you have, period.

It's real simple. As a sovereign nation, we have a right to dictate our immigration policies, which includes the number of foreigners we admit. And, we are under no obligation, either legally or morally to continue to be the world's largest recipient of immigrants. Unfortunately, massive illegal immigration has destroyed our immigration system, which now requires either a moratorium or a severe reduction. And, if you want to point fingers, make sure you include illegal aliens. Without their selfishness and lawlessness, we wouldn't be having this discussion. This is a prime example of one group ruining a good thing for others.
You and I know that but the illegal aliens and their allies WON'T face it till it;s too late. Then there WILL be hell to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration