Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 07:32 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,168,282 times

Advertisements

Awesome....another "white people are the real illegal immigrants!" thread.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:34 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,079,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
Hazleton mayor, Lou Barletta recently passed a law stating that "Anyone who appears to be an illegal immigrant may be stopped on sight & arrested, without having committed a crime & with no probable cause". This is very troubling to me, mainly because THE ONLY PEOPLE INDIGENOUS TO THIS LAND ARE NATIVE AMERICANS!!!!!!! Using his logic, a white man might be a European immigrant, a black man might be an African immigrant, all of us may very well be Canadian immigrants, but do you think the police are stopping people on these assumptions? No. This law is admittedly strictly for Mexicans.
This brings up an even more troubling point. You see, morons like to complain all the time about "our Mexican immigrant problem in this country". Do you know what that's called? An oxymoron. What? Hold on, I'll explain. Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma, Colorado, California, Arizona, and Utah ARE MEXICO!!!!!! That's where we get names like "San Antonio" or "Las Vegas". Look at this contrast. Native Americans and Mexicans both had their land stolen, but the Native Americans got reservations where they don't have to pay our taxes, follow our laws, or be involved at all with what we've made of this place. In fact, a Native American can commit murder and be exempt from trial in any U.S. court, but instead be tried by a council at a reservation. Then, we look at the Mexicans, who had the same thing done to them at the same time in the same place by the same people, but rather than acknowledge their claim to a place that was rightfully theirs to begin with, we fight them. There is no room for argument here. Imagine someone broke into both your and your neighbor's houses, kicked you out, and destroyed your belongings. After a few hours, your neighbor's door opens and the person comes out and says "I feel kinda bad. You can have the bedroom back & I won't bother you in there", then they build a 40' electric fence around your property and throw you outside threatening to shoot if you come back. Does that sound fair?
Quote:
Making points like "that happened a long time ago", "I'm native to here", or "that happens all the time" are flatout irrelevant & stupid. None of those things cancel out the FACT that Mexicans owned the original claim to most of America. The evidence you are presenting is inconsequential to my points.

Would that be from 1821 or 1823? It sure isn't from 1492 or 1606.

As for your consequential points..... you have none.

How can a Mayor pass a law?

You have the audacity to call people morons? Really? (You might repeat that while you look in the mirror, moron!)

San Antonio (1718) and Las Vegas (1905 - unless you are talking about the Las Vegas valley along the Spanish Trail named so in 1829) are Spanish names, not Mexican.

You don't even have the First Peoples claims right, YES, they can be tried for murder through US Courts, almost all are born as US Citizens, they are applicable to federal and state laws as they are domestic dependent nations under the Plenary Powers doctrine.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 04-26-2012 at 08:14 PM..

Old 04-26-2012, 07:54 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,938,031 times
Quote:
Making points like "that happened a long time ago", "I'm native to here", or "that happens all the time" are flatout irrelevant & stupid. None of those things cancel out the FACT that Mexicans owned the original claim to most of America. The evidence you are presenting is inconsequential to my points.
Proof please. MOST of what is the US NEVER belonged to Mexico. No 1 alive today was even born when we took what is now Cali, Arizona and so on. Texas was already a country when it asked to join the US; Mexico needs to cry to Texas cause it was the Texans who broke free. In other words: Mexico has NO claims at all.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:54 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,339,918 times
Note the title of the topic? "Hazelton's law concerning "immigrants"? Isn't the law concerning illegal aliens and not immigrants?

Old 04-26-2012, 07:58 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,339,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Awesome....another "white people are the real illegal immigrants!" thread.
What is ironic is that the Spanish are white also. You know, the ancestors of the Mexicans that also came here from Europe. Doesn't that make the them the descendants of the so-called "real illegal immigrants" also?

Old 04-26-2012, 10:24 PM

6,104 posts, read 6,003,159 times
Hazelton PA is a dying hard coal town whose heyday was nearly a century ago. It has a lot of cheap old housing that can be had for a song. Apart from this and coal waste dumps and abandonned mines they don't have a lot going for them. They do have Bibles and guns.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,744,347 times
Many of my Cherokee ancestors, had white skin, blonde and red hair, with blue and green eyes.

We got our asses kicked. I belong the the tribe of the Texas, in the United States of tribes, now.

For centuries, you got scalped if you got caught on the wrong side of the Rio Grande.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:09 PM

144 posts, read 223,638 times
Alright. I'll try to respond to as much as I can here. This is the type thing that has 2 sides & where you're from, along with other components influence how you learn about & view certain things. For instance, the predominant belief throughout most of America is that The Civil War was fought over slavery & even schools teach this, however, people in some areas know that the war ocurred initially over land disputes & an attempt to divide The US into two seperate countries & slavery only became an issue a couple of years into the war solely because England threatened to cease their support in the Union effort if slavery continued in the country.
This issue is like that one, in that there are two ways to view it.

To the man who hinted that this is getting off topic, the original topic was much broader than the title explains & the conversation has evovled.

Yes, I understand that those are Spanish words. Do you understand that Spanish is the language spoken in Mexico, champ?

Mexicans were here before the Spanish arrived. The oldest civilizations on this continent were from Mexico. They were here before anyone. Modern Mexicans came about through mating of Spanish people & tribes or communities native to Mexico

No, Spanish people are NOT white. Neither are Italians. They do not originate from the Caucasus Mountains. They are NOT Caucasian. Their natural complexion is darker.

Just because we weren't around to see it happen doesn't mean it doesn't matter. That is true ignorance.

The Southernmost Western states were not bought, traded, given to, cooperatively. Merged with the US. They were stolen and I guarantee most of you don't even realize how many US states used to be Mexican territory.

You're wrong. Their have been cases where Native Americans were not tried in any sort of US Court, but instead were tried by their tribal leaders for crimes as serious as murder.

Note, I will not respond to you if you just simply tell me I'm wrong & provide no explanation for your opinion or just insult me & say nothing of any weight to the conversation.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:13 PM

144 posts, read 223,638 times
Also, if the law has been overturned or the way it was explained to me was an overstatement, I didn't know. A friend from Hazleton recently told me about it & that was the explanation of the law I heard. I do however stand by the rest of the points I made.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:22 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,520,719 times
Quote:
You really have zero grasp of things, don't you. This is so jaw droppingly stupid it hurts to read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration