Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 10:36 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,312,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And how do you think over 30 million illegals earn a living here? Yes, they have displaced American workers because not all 30 million are living off only welfare handouts.

And guess what -- if many millions of impoverished Americans went into Mexico, guess what the Mexicans would do about them? Yes, Mexicans have a very big double standard, they believe in borders and immigration laws for their own country.

Mexico would simply not allow millions of impoverished helpless Americans to ignore it's immigration laws and relocate into Mexico.
The number is 11.5 million not 30 of which 1.5 million are school aged children FAIR: Distribution of the Illegal Alien Population. I imagine you could knock off another 1 million for kids not of the school age as well, probably putting the workforce at about 9 million. 9 million out of over 300 million .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
malamute and I live near Mexico. I've talked with employers who like their illegal alien workers. Those crooks think Americans are lazy and worthless. Some of us are useless, not all. I make less money per hour now than back in 1992 here in Arizona after counting inflation. I'm in a trade.
Except that really isn't the proof that i am looking for.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:53 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,079,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
You are the one who first made the claim that they didn't, so the burden of proof is on you actually . And that link you gave said nothing about the fact they received more than withheld. So perhaps YOU should go back and read it . And how about a link not a statement from you saying the nrc said this?
I could only make that claim if you stated they did, otherwise how would I have come up with it?

The bottom 30% of workers in the US receive a negative tax rate (they get back more then withheld), most illegal workers fall under this category (An income report by the PEW found that the median annual income of noncitizen households — more than half of which are led by illegal immigrants — fell 7.3 percent from 2006 to 2007). It is safe to assume that if they have tax withholdings and they file they receive back more than withheld.

You can google the NRC link, no? There are numerous links, take your pick: national research cpounci;l - Google Search

Old 03-25-2012, 11:09 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,938,031 times
Quote:
Except that really isn't the proof that i am looking for.
Not my problem. If you don't believe me then your out of luck. I LIVE here in Arizona so I've talked with people here. I'm guessing you live in another state or country.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
I could only make that claim if you stated they did, otherwise how would I have come up with it?

The bottom 30% of workers in the US receive a negative tax rate (they get back more then withheld), most illegal workers fall under this category (An income report by the PEW found that the median annual income of noncitizen households — more than half of which are led by illegal immigrants — fell 7.3 percent from 2006 to 2007). It is safe to assume that if they have tax withholdings and they file they receive back more than withheld.

You can google the NRC link, no? There are numerous links, take your pick: national research cpounci;l - Google Search

Except none of them link to the actual report, which is what i am looking for.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Not my problem. If you don't believe me then your out of luck. I LIVE here in Arizona so I've talked with people here. I'm guessing you live in another state or country.
Sorry but if you can't back up your claim with some level of data i can't take the claim serious. And you should not be running around spewing it as a statement of fact without at least an iota of proof.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:07 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,810,499 times
Quote:
The number is 11.5 million not 30 of which 1.5 million are school aged children FAIR: Distribution of the Illegal Alien Population. I imagine you could knock off another 1 million for kids not of the school age as well, probably putting the workforce at about 9 million. 9 million out of over 300 million .
12 million was the number used by the Bush administration back when he was trying to get them all some big amnesty. When he first took office.

Seriously you can't believe that number has remained the same all these years. They know at well over a million people illegally cross the border every year -- and very very few are apprehended and once inside the border a few feet and there is no apprehending them. Very very few illegals are deported.

Even if you chose to estimate on the low side and believed only 1 million arrive every year, that would have been 8 million more illegals during just the Bush years. And there are at least 3 million more here now. But 1 million illegal border crossers a year is definitely low.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:25 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,079,563 times
Quote:
Except none of them link to the actual report, which is what i am looking for.
Simple to find with "search": The New Americans: Economic, Demographic, and Fiscal Effects of Immigration
Over 400 pages, have fun.

Even CATO, Libertarian states the following:
Quote:
One frequently cited figure on the cost of low-skilled immigrants comes from the authoritative 1997 National Research Council study, The New Americans: Economic, Demographic, and Fiscal Effects of Immigration. The study calculated the lifetime fiscal impact of immigrants with different educational levels. The study expressed the impact in terms of net present value (NPV), that is, the cumulative impact in future years expressed in today's dollars. The study estimated the lifetime fiscal impact of a typical immigrant without a high school education to be a negative NPV of $89,000.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:09 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,938,031 times
Quote:
Sorry but if you can't back up your claim with some level of data i can't take the claim serious. And you should not be running around spewing it as a statement of fact without at least an iota of proof.
Lucidkitty: I can say the SAME about your opinions.

Again: I LIVE here in Arizona and have talked with lots of people in PERSON so posting up links means nothing.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:52 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,060,538 times
Quote:
They don't get either of the first 2 things which you would know if you actually read, and stopped getting your data from right wing sites.
42 USC § 1395dd - Examination and treatment for emergency medical conditions and women in labor | LII / Legal Information Institute

Plyler v. Doe

Illegal immigrants don't get free health care or education?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration