Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 07:09 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'd like to know as well why Mexicans mean more to IBM.
Because I have four of them in the house here...

But look at how much it comes up with others here...

People can't even be clear enough with terminology, and say "Mexican" rather than being focused on illegal immigration...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 07:50 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post

People can't even be clear enough with terminology, and say "Mexican" rather than being focused on illegal immigration...

You keep saying your people are here LEGALLY so I DON'T see how illegal aliens and amnesty are a worry to you.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You keep saying your people are here LEGALLY so I DON'T see how illegal aliens and amnesty are a worry to you.
YOu asked about "Mexicans"...

Certainly YOu've seen others commenting about Mexicans here too...

Quite a bit of the time there will be more identifiers about Mexicans than illegal aliens...

Old 03-27-2012, 09:59 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
YOu asked about "Mexicans"...

Certainly YOu've seen others commenting about Mexicans here too...

Quite a bit of the time there will be more identifiers about Mexicans than illegal aliens...
MOST illegal aliens ARE Mexican with most of the others still from LatAm. Take them away and that's 9 out of 10 illegal aliens gone from the US.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:04 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
Quote:
Is that a statement that all 11 million illegal aliens are of Mexican nationality?...

This isn't a process of just being intellectually lazy with claims...

So what would be YOur view of money legally earned (and taxed) in the United States?...
What would be your view of employment gained by ID theft or social services obtained by fraud ???

Not to mention millions wasted on legal costs and medical care obtained by criminals that shouldn't be here in the first place ????

Not to mention taxes uncollected when illegals are employed under the table ?

Old 03-27-2012, 10:09 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Hey, if I were in charge, you could bring her here today!. Buy her food, clothes, etc in the stores here. She could buy a house here, do her banking here. etc etc. Best of all, she would pay taxes here. Heck, yeah, bring her!

All that money would go into the US economy, instead of Mexico.

As long as she isn't collecting welfare, food stamps, etc. If you can afford to support her or she could support herself, I would throw the door wide open for her. That's what USA is all about!
What if that person tried to get in friends and family that had no means of support or were undesireables/criminals that could not immigrate legally
would you still support that?

This is what happened after the last Amnesty and why we're at the point we are at now.

There is a large segment of the immigrant community that would and has disregarded the laws and have aided and abbetted further Illegal immigration, not to mention supported and encouraged it.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:09 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
What if that person tried to get in friends and family that had no means of support or were undesireables/criminals that could not immigrate legally
would you still support that?

This is what happened after the last Amnesty and why we're at the point we are at now.

There is a large segment of the immigrant community that would and has disregarded the laws and have aided and abbetted further Illegal immigration, not to mention supported and encouraged it.
Absolutely not. That's totally different to me. I also think E-Verify should be a federal program with very stiff penalties for employers.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:39 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:

Well, you refuse to identify with the word ILLEGAL. Illegal Peruvian, Illegal Canadian, illegal alien. You know, those that snuck in or overstayed documents. You do realize if we didn't have all those ILLEGALS here you wouldn't get stopped at your beloved check points. Especially the ones near the Southern border where most ILLEGALS are Illegals from Mexico. If the shortened term Illegal Mexican or Illegal Canadian bothers you I'm afraid I offer up no apology. Something tells me you have a lot of skin in this game and it ain't the legal kind. Otherwise, why isn't your beef with all the Illegal Mexicans and Guatemalans instead of Americans, legal residents and our laws?

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 03-28-2012 at 10:48 AM..

Old 03-28-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Well, you refuse to identify with the word ILLEGAL. Illegal Peruvian, Illegal Canadian, illegal alien. You know, those that snuck in or overstayed documents. You do realize if we didn't have all those ILLEGALS here you wouldn't get stopped at your beloved check points. Especially the ones near the Southern border where most ILLEGALS are Illegals from Mexico. If the shortened term Illegal Mexican or Illegal Canadian bothers you I'm afraid I offer up no apology. Something tells me you have a lot of skin in this game and it ain't the legal kind. Otherwise, why isn't your beef with all the Illegal Mexicans and Guatemalans instead of Americans, legal residents and our laws?
Care to elaborate on YOur hunches of any illegal behavior on my part, or has this forum degenerated to a point where someone can make baseless allegations? Really, the laziness that many people have here to not be bothered to write out "illegal alien" has run full-course. Doing that, it covers all of YOur bases, so YOu don't have to write all of those nationalities.

YOu're a big boy, YOu can do it...

Old 03-28-2012, 11:44 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Care to elaborate on YOur hunches of any illegal behavior on my part, or has this forum degenerated to a point where someone can make baseless allegations? Really, the laziness that many people have here to not be bothered to write out "illegal alien" has run full-course. Doing that, it covers all of YOur bases, so YOu don't have to write all of those nationalities.

YOu're a big boy, YOu can do it...
Illegal Alien is a catch all since there are so many Countries involved. That it bothers some to such an extent is amusing.

Anyway, back to Mexico being upset about how we handle our Illegal Aliens. It is one handed. Mexico needs America's dollars but we sure don't need their Illegal Mexicans We already cater to Mexico. Their people aren't special as to our immigration needs. We need educated immigrants that can support themselves and give back to our community. We don't need immigrants coming across and heading straight for the ER. Case in point
http://www.emaxhealth.com/11306/ny-c...rance-coverage

Unlimited immigration, legal or illegal would require us to completely restructure our social service network. No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration