Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 12:16 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,855,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
11 million people sending back billions of dollars in remittances. I think it's safe to say Mexico's economy would nearly collapse without American's money going South.
Is that a statement that all 11 million illegal aliens are of Mexican nationality?...

This isn't a process of just being intellectually lazy with claims...

So what would be YOur view of money legally earned (and taxed) in the United States?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 12:29 PM

50,484 posts, read 47,254,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Is that a statement that all 11 million illegal aliens are of Mexican nationality?...

So what would be YOur view of money legally earned (and taxed) in the United States?...
Is this 2 questions?...
2?... and a statement?...

Remittances to Mexico Rise Nearly 9 Percent in November | Fox News Latino

How do you count an illegal...

Fox news is guessing 6 million...

My view is that, in this case, there are too many illegal Mexicans sending back money never to be seen again in the U.S. ...

Old 03-27-2012, 12:41 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,017,895 times
Quote:

The main problem is that they are not settling here and embracing the culture. When my ancestors came from their country, they cut their ties. They didn't see this country as a meal ticket, they saw it as their future.

When 11 million (or 3 mil or 5 mil, whatever) are sending their money to Mexico instead of injecting it into this economy, that's a problem.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Is this 2 questions?...
2?... and a statement?...

Remittances to Mexico Rise Nearly 9 Percent in November | Fox News Latino

How do you count an illegal...

Fox news is guessing 6 million...

My view is that, in this case, there are too many illegal Mexicans sending back money never to be seen again in the U.S. ...
In YOur opinion, should a Mexican here legally (which FOX News identifies in an equal 6 million population) or a U.S. citizen be able to send a remittance to Mexico?...

(I don't know what an "illegal Mexican" is, unless it is just lazy terminology)...

Old 03-27-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
The main problem is that they are not settling here and embracing the culture. When my ancestors came from their country, they cut their ties. They didn't see this country as a meal ticket, they saw it as their future.

When 11 million (or 3 mil or 5 mil, whatever) are sending their money to Mexico instead of injecting it into this economy, that's a problem.
Whom is "they"?...

So when I, a U.S. citizen, or my wife, a Mexican National, send money to my Mother-In-Law it harms the American economy? Are we "not settling here and embracing the culture" too? In earlier times, an immigrant could have easily brought their mother. I have to wait until my wife naturalizes to be able to sponsor her for immigration, which seems to have some resistance on this forum.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:05 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,017,895 times
Quote:
Whom is "they"?...

So when I, a U.S. citizen, or my wife, a Mexican National, send money to my Mother-In-Law it harms the American economy? Are we "not settling here and embracing the culture" too? In earlier times, an immigrant could have easily brought their mother. I have to wait until my wife naturalizes to be able to sponsor her for immigration, which seems to have some resistance on this forum.
Hey, if I were in charge, you could bring her here today!. Buy her food, clothes, etc in the stores here. She could buy a house here, do her banking here. etc etc. Best of all, she would pay taxes here. Heck, yeah, bring her!

All that money would go into the US economy, instead of Mexico.

As long as she isn't collecting welfare, food stamps, etc. If you can afford to support her or she could support herself, I would throw the door wide open for her. That's what USA is all about!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:25 PM

50,484 posts, read 47,254,503 times
Quote:
In YOur opinion, should a Mexican here legally (which FOX News identifies in an equal 6 million population) or a U.S. citizen be able to send a remittance to Mexico?...

(I don't know what an "illegal Mexican" is, unless it is just lazy terminology)...
They are here working legally so why would anyone have an issue with that. Personally I think the legal immigration process is swayed towards Mexico but since this is the II forum I'll leave it at that. I mean, what makes the Mexicans so special (in your opinion, of course) concerning illegal immigration?

Old 03-27-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
...Personally I think the legal immigration process is swayed towards Mexico but since this is the II forum I'll leave it at that. I mean, what makes the Mexicans so special (in your opinion, of course) concerning illegal immigration?
Because if we have a solution there, it covers most of the problem...

More Mexicans qualify for legal immigration primarily from their relationship to U.S. citizens. So more Mexican immigrate legally than any other nationality. As the earlier FOX News quotation, it can assumed at least half of the remittances to Mexico are sent by legally immigrating Mexicans.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
...When 11 million (or 3 mil or 5 mil, whatever) are sending their money to Mexico instead of injecting it into this economy, that's a problem.
So if I would take the money I had for a remittance, and bury it in my yard, that is harmful to the American economy? It's the same result. It's my own money, can't I give it away, bury, or burn it?

Old 03-27-2012, 06:12 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,935,476 times
Quote:

Quote:
They are here working legally so why would anyone have an issue with that. Personally I think the legal immigration process is swayed towards Mexico but since this is the II forum I'll leave it at that. I mean, what makes the Mexicans so special (in your opinion, of course) concerning illegal immigration?
I'd like to know as well why Mexicans mean more to IBM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration