Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 05:12 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times

Advertisements

Indians and Asians who are legal (naturalized or H1B), take American jobs that Americans are too dumb to do.
Immigrants make up at least 35% of the engineers, scientists, and computer programmers in this country. In Silicon Valley it is closer to 50% of all engineers are immigrants.

Mexicans, Salvadorians, Guatemalans..etc who some are illegal, take the jobs Americans would not do for the salary.

Point is: Immigrants whether illegal or legal make the US competitive.

Without these people, we would be too stupid and too expensive in a global economy.

Last edited by Mach50; 09-12-2007 at 05:21 PM..

Old 09-12-2007, 05:20 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
""Without these people, we would be too stupid and too expensive in a global economy".

hahahahahahahahaha,, I think I just peed myself!!!!!!!! Needed the laugh thanks.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:23 PM

Laugh all you want, it is true. We can not do without either component of immigrants and be competitive.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Laugh all you want, it is true. We can not do without either component of immigrants and be competitive.
Yea right. That has been debated (by illegal lovers) and disproven so many times over here it is tiresome. We did fine before the illegals and we will do fine after. And BTW I know plenty of American Citizens that do these jobs that "we are too dumb for" and I know plenty that work the jobs the illegals do for the same pay. Lowering the pay for these jobs has done nothing for us, in fact has hurt us. So has the tax money gone to pay their bills they run from, schools hurt, hospitals closing. No sorry I dont believe it is "true".

Old 09-12-2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yea right. That has been debated (by illegal lovers) and disproven so many times over here it is tiresome. We did fine before the illegals and we will do fine after. And BTW I know plenty of American Citizens that do these jobs that "we are too dumb for" and I know plenty that work the jobs the illegals do for the same pay. Lowering the pay for these jobs has done nothing for us, in fact has hurt us. So has the tax money gone to pay their bills they run from, schools hurt, hospitals closing. No sorry I dont believe it is "true".
You may know some, but not enough to meet the demand, US needs these immigrants.

Go for a walk in Silicon Valley, I work there. Americans make up middle management, majority of them can't hang technically, yet think they are too good to work on the assembly line. I am generalizing I know, but this is the overall attitude.

US has an addiction to 'cheap' illegal labor and now it is part of the economy. Roll those costs back in, and you will have one expensive batch of strawberries.

Last edited by Mach50; 09-12-2007 at 05:48 PM..

Old 09-12-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
You may know some, but not enough to meet the demand.

Go for a walk in Silicon Valley, I work there. Americans make up middle management, majority of them can't hang technically, yet think they are too good to work on the assembly line.

When has American ever done well without immigrants (legal or illegal)?
California has been hiring illegals for years and has 20% of the Americas GDP (10th in the world). IMO the rest of the 49 states are just catching on.
I worked in DC, saw plenty!!!!
Too good! Where do you get off, maybe feeding their family with a decent amount to pay is greedy to you!! but not to a illegal, that has no ties here, gets free education and healthcare for the kids. I never said we did well without immigration, I said illegals. My family were immigrants, legal, they did all their own farm work, as did I and the rest of my family, it is now automated,which ups production and lessons the need of illegals. It can be done, it is nothing but pure GREED on employers parts that keep it going. So I take it you are ok with continuing to pay their unpaid bils? Well how about we just send the billions of dollars in upaid bills directly to you? Or maybe you would like to pay for all the cut school programs, due to esl and free lunch programs? Yea California, good example of a messed up state.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
The OP is utter BS!!!!
Thank You finally!!!! My fingers were getting tired.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:56 PM

537 posts, read 441,046 times
Simple and the truth. The fact is that we under an invasion and takeover of our country by Mexico.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I worked in DC, saw plenty!!!!
Too good! Where do you get off, maybe feeding their family with a decent amount to pay is greedy to you!! but not to a illegal, that has no ties here, gets free education and healthcare for the kids. I never said we did well without immigration, I said illegals. My family were immigrants, legal, they did all their own farm work, as did I and the rest of my family, it is now automated,which ups production and lessons the need of illegals. It can be done, it is nothing but pure GREED on employers parts that keep it going. So I take it you are ok with continuing to pay their unpaid bils? Well how about we just send the billions of dollars in upaid bills directly to you? Or maybe you would like to pay for all the cut school programs, due to esl and free lunch programs? Yea California, good example of a messed up state.
You think greed is the only reason? You think these businesses would be able to provide products or services at a competitive rate, without hiring illegals?

Fine kick the illegals out, then what?

Old 09-12-2007, 06:18 PM

110 posts, read 355,756 times
competitive? you mean the same deceptive, corrupt, cut-throat, and exploitative competition that created such success stories as india, china, mexico and africa.

for thousands of years, we were much more competitive and productive without the influences of those that leveled us.

Last edited by MoreDudley; 09-12-2007 at 06:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration