Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 11:41 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,676,088 times

Advertisements

I guess Obama is running out of Americans who will vote for him and has to bring in some fresh stock
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 12:19 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,851,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I guess Obama is running out of Americans who will vote for him and has to bring in some fresh stock
Someone that becomes a Legal Permanent Resident today would not be able to naturalize in time for the 2012 elections...

So unless he loses the election, but is selected as a nominee later, he is unable to gain a voter that way...

Obama's approval rating is above 50% now (despite gas prices), maybe YOu were being facetious?...

Old 03-30-2012, 12:27 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,238,916 times
Why doesnt he propose that we make it easier for family members of those here legally to immigrate here? Oh because who would that pander too??????

Old 03-30-2012, 01:00 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,077,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Someone that becomes a Legal Permanent Resident today would not be able to naturalize in time for the 2012 elections...

So unless he loses the election, but is selected as a nominee later, he is unable to gain a voter that way...

Obama's approval rating is above 50% now (despite gas prices), maybe YOu were being facetious?...
Approval ratings are not the same as likely voters, as his likely voter % is below 50.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Approval ratings are not the same as likely voters, as his likely voter % is below 50.
But it is always a view that "amnesty" produces instant citizenship around here...

What is that all about?...

Old 03-30-2012, 04:10 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,329,827 times
Quote:
But it is always a view that "amnesty" produces instant citizenship around here...

What is that all about?...
Actually, no. What Obama is doing is pandering to Hispanic citizen voters most of whom want amnesty for these illegals. However, looking to the future after these amnestied illegals were to become citizens they would be Democrat voters. There is a two-fold agenda here.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Actually, no. What Obama is doing is pandering to Hispanic citizen voters most of whom want amnesty for these illegals. However, looking to the future after these amnestied illegals were to become citizens they would be Democrat voters. There is a two-fold agenda here.
But those "amnestied" people themselves could not specifically vote for President Obama in a 2012 election, could they?...

Old 03-30-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
But those "amnestied" people themselves could not specifically vote for President Obama in a 2012 election, could they?...
Since I said no such thing then why do you even ask? The Hispanic vote that Obama is after is the Hispanic-American vote. It is very telling that he has to promise to ignore and not enforce our immigration laws in order to achieve that, isn't it?

Old 03-30-2012, 06:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,238,916 times
Some folks tend to ignore the fact that Obama is a talking head for his party. Like all sitting presidents. His agenda is that of his party. Party agenda is hardly limited to 1 election. It would in fact target furure elections as well. After all the party's are in the business of brokering power. They have greater interests than just the 2012 election.

I myself look back to when Reagan signed the amnesty bill. A democrat named Ted kennedy was co-author of the bill. The deal was pass the amnesty and then the house would fund tighter border security and enforcement. The house and senate promptly renigged on their end of the deal. Reagan got credit for very bad bill and the pros took credit for granting an amnesty..
An amnesty today solves nothing and encourages more abuse of our systems and generosity. The Fact that Mexico is by far the most extreme violator can be explained by their proximity. That wouldnt explain the mexican gov's attempt to assist thier people in violating our laws with how to manuals.
What would explain a lot is the the obvious lawlessness in Mexico. Perhaps disregarding laws is a cultural thing. I am pretty sure disregarding traffic laws in Thailand is cultural too I am in Thailand now and cringe when I ride in a taxi. LOL

Old 03-30-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Some folks tend to ignore the fact that Obama is a talking head for his party. Like all sitting presidents. His agenda is that of his party. Party agenda is hardly limited to 1 election. It would in fact target furure elections as well. After all the party's are in the business of brokering power. They have greater interests than just the 2012 election.

I myself look back to when Reagan signed the amnesty bill. A democrat named Ted kennedy was co-author of the bill. The deal was pass the amnesty and then the house would fund tighter border security and enforcement. The house and senate promptly renigged on their end of the deal. Reagan got credit for very bad bill and the pros took credit for granting an amnesty..
An amnesty today solves nothing and encourages more abuse of our systems and generosity. The Fact that Mexico is by far the most extreme violator can be explained by their proximity. That wouldnt explain the mexican gov's attempt to assist thier people in violating our laws with how to manuals.
What would explain a lot is the the obvious lawlessness in Mexico. Perhaps disregarding laws is a cultural thing. I am pretty sure disregarding traffic laws in Thailand is cultural too I am in Thailand now and cringe when I ride in a taxi. LOL
Wow, I would love to take a trip to Thailand, tinman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration