Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 10:41 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,492,044 times

Advertisements

Safer borders my a-- well you know. No way are they safer, just more lies from this whacko administration, that when they tell us something, it is suppose to stick.

Go after those who are greedy little souls and care not about breaking laws to get illegals here, but money. How many of these people are out there. Smugglers ought to be caught and go to jail.
The consequences of breaking these kinds of laws are that of people risking their own life to break the law, to come here. Sad when you think of it. But the smugglers play a even bigger part and should be held responsible.

And fifteen a fifteen yr old driver, this is crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 11:15 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,475,637 times
How awful. That's why it's important to come legally.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:17 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,878,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
That's because unofficially, our borders have been erased.
Very very true. I live near the border and what you say is exactly the way it is.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:33 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,735,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It is simply amazing to me that anyone can think it is ok for illegal foreigners to invade our borders, take our jobs and taxes just so "they" will have a better life regardless of detriment, suffering and negative impact on our own citizens.
I'm not sure if this was directed towards me or not. If it was: I had said earlier that I wasn't condoning illegal immigration, but I don't think it's the end of the world that some DO come over illegally. My problem was for a number of posters who seem to revel in the fact that these people died! Once again, we don't know their situations. Maybe they were deadbeats who left their families to pursue their American dream. Maybe they were good people simply trying to make a better living for themselves. We don't know. The one thing we DO know is that they're are dead, and we should show a little respect for the deceased.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:51 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,879,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I'm not sure if this was directed towards me or not. If it was: I had said earlier that I wasn't condoning illegal immigration, but I don't think it's the end of the world that some DO come over illegally. My problem was for a number of posters who seem to revel in the fact that these people died! Once again, we don't know their situations. Maybe they were deadbeats who left their families to pursue their American dream. Maybe they were good people simply trying to make a better living for themselves. We don't know. The one thing we DO know is that they're are dead, and we should show a little respect for the deceased.
Good people don't ignore multiple laws of another country. They certainly don't thumb their noses at common sense safety laws and put the people of that country in danger. These arrogant pigs stupidly let a teenager drive, started with a fight with the police, created an automotive situation that put the lives of our citizens and our safety officers in danger and could have easily killed many more people.

Yet you muster not a word of condemnation for their actions. If they want respect as human beings well they should have acted liked human beings and obey our laws. Instead they voluntarily, willfully and arrogantly ignored our laws and put the lives of our citizenry in potential grave danger.

I'm sick and tired of the whole well they're human beings argument. Of course they're human beings. As such they should act like them and respect the safety of our citizenry. They did no such thing.

Would you be so forgiving had a group of stupid Americans caused a serious traffic accident in another country?

Old 04-14-2012, 08:33 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,735,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Good people don't ignore multiple laws of another country. They certainly don't thumb their noses at common sense safety laws and put the people of that country in danger. These arrogant pigs stupidly let a teenager drive, started with a fight with the police, created an automotive situation that put the lives of our citizens and our safety officers in danger and could have easily killed many more people.

Yet you muster not a word of condemnation for their actions. If they want respect as human beings well they should have acted liked human beings and obey our laws. Instead they voluntarily, willfully and arrogantly ignored our laws and put the lives of our citizenry in potential grave danger.

I'm sick and tired of the whole well they're human beings argument. Of course they're human beings. As such they should act like them and respect the safety of our citizenry. They did no such thing.

Would you be so forgiving had a group of stupid Americans caused a serious traffic accident in another country?
To answer your question: I have lived abroad and have been embarrassed by some of the actions of my countrymen. If they had done something illegal, I would be annoyed at their actions and would hope that they face prosecution. That doesn't mean I want them to die nor would I celebrate if they did.

Let me ask you a few questions: If a young 18 year old man crashes his car because he was breaking the law by driving too fast, would you still be so callas in your reaction to his death? Afterall, he WAS breaking the law. If a legal citizen trying to feed his family steals some groceries, trips falls, bashes his head and dies, would you still call him a "pig?"

In both cases, the individuals bare responsibility for their deaths, but they certainly don't deserve those fates. What says you?

Old 04-14-2012, 09:01 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,879,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
To answer your question: I have lived abroad and have been embarrassed by some of the actions of my countrymen. If they had done something illegal, I would be annoyed at their actions and would hope that they face prosecution. That doesn't mean I want them to die nor would I celebrate if they did.
What if their actions endangered the lives of other people in that country? Would you dare lecture the people of that country if the people in question died while endangering the citizens of that country?

Quote:
Let me ask you a few questions: If a young 18 year old man crashes his car because he was breaking the law by driving too fast, would you still be so callas in your reaction to his death? Afterall, he WAS breaking the law. If a legal citizen trying to feed his family steals some groceries, trips falls, bashes his head and dies, would you still call him a "pig?"
If an eighteen year was so stupid as to let a fifteen year drive a car and then pick a fight with the police I wouldn't exactly mourn if he were dumb enough to crash his car into tree and drop dead after a fight with the police.

FYI, a legal citizen can get food stamps. If they choose to burglarize and steal and bashed their head in the process why yes I would call them names. I certainly wouldn't be sorry a Darwin Award winner dropped dead.

Why do you think someone's first act when they come here should be to do all sorts of remarkably stupid things? These people were Mexican nationals. They were members of the world's 12th largest economy, one that is home to the world's richest man where the citizens have national medical care and an economy that has a five percent unemployment rate.

The biggest problem with food in Mexico isn't lack of it. The biggest problem is obesity.

How dare they break into our country with the intent to violate our immigration and employment laws! How dare they put the lives of our citizens and law enforcement officials at risk! And how dare YOU pat yourself on the back when Americans dare label them less than honorable people! How dare you question our humanity when we shrug that people who specifically came here with the intention of breaking multiple American laws paid for the consequences of their massive stupidity and callous disreguard for American lives!

Quote:
In both cases, the individuals bare responsibility for their deaths, but they certainly don't deserve those fates. What says you?
Why don't stupid, arrogant people deserve to be killed if they do massively stupid, arrogant things? The idiots in question could easily avoided their fates at many different moments. They could have chosen not to break American immigration laws. They could have chosen not to work with smugglers. They could have chosen to work for change in Mexico. They could have chosen to surrender to the police instead of provoking them. They could have chosen not to let a fifteen year old drive let alone not to let him pick a fight with the police.

They didn't die because they were starving peasants trying to escape oppression. They died because they were arrogant morons who started a fight with the police after letting a teenager drive. We're lucky they didn't take down more people with them.

I'm sick to death of people who infantilize illegals and act as if they are superior human beings for having done so. Enough already with the whole oh these poor widdle people who have no choice but to break our immigration laws lest they starve to death in the world's second fattest nation!

Old 04-14-2012, 09:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,318,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And so much for Homeland Security.

Illegals continue to pour over the border. Easily.
Why wouldn't they? They're invited here by employers.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,318,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Typically the bodies are returned to their home countries, why are you referring to funeral expenses?...
Yea, we had a big accident with a bunch of illegals getting killed and from everything i know they were all returned to Mexico. There were no funerals here paid for by the state.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:14 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,878,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why wouldn't they? They're invited here by employers.
Then make their employers pay for them. Not the taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration