Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:40 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,671,954 times

Advertisements

Sure, we can drop the I word. But, we'll replace it with the C word. How about the word "Criminal?" This Novoa is a complete idiot! O'Reilly asked her to define her goals, and she couldn't even responded. Typical sheep! Those who cross into our country illegally, and criminal illegal slime! And, we will not call them by any other name! If they don't want to be called Illegals, then come to the US "Legally!"

Old 05-01-2012, 08:57 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
I saw that segment of O'Reilly and she made me sick. An ethnocentric thru and thru just wanting to tone down the crime of illegal entry /residing on our soil. Illegal = against the law. Alien = a foreigner. So just what is racist about that term and what race are we speaking of? She couldn't answer those questions of course.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:04 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,504,903 times
I think it is silly myself...BUT you anti's try to have it both ways, I'll explain:

A conversation about Hispanics will most likely morph into an Illegal Alien discussion, perpetuated by an anti (which is deemed as generalizing, and discriminatory). It will then be justified by the majority of illegals being Hispanics.

OK BUT

when called on using Illegal Alien synonymously with Hispanic, the anti backs down (like in this case with O'Reilly) and says Illegal Alien means ALL illegals (Asians, Russians etc..). Hence having it both ways...

The anti's have created this mess by constantly equating Hispanics to Illegal Aliens.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I think it is silly myself...BUT you anti's try to have it both ways, I'll explain:

A conversation about Hispanics will most likely morph into an Illegal Alien discussion, perpetuated by an anti (which is deemed as generalizing, and discriminatory). It will then be justified by the majority of illegals being Hispanics.

OK BUT

when called on using Illegal Alien synonymously with Hispanic, the anti backs down (like in this case with O'Reilly) and says Illegal Alien means ALL illegals (Asians, Russians etc..). Hence having it both ways...

The anti's have created this mess by constantly equating Hispanics to Illegal Aliens.

Not true.

Hispanics immediately feel guilty when illegal immigrant is used. Why do they feel guilty?
Every time a immigration law is passed someone or group reaches out to the hispanic community. They profile themselves.

What legal hispanic is leading a crusade against illegal immigration?

Old 05-01-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Not true.
Your own thread as PROOF of this morphing:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...as-failed.html

I'm thinking - "Oh cool an assimilation thread, this will be different from the numerous Hispanics = Illegals threads!! YAY"

Post 7 Chicagonut begins the injection of "Illegal"

Now thinking - "WRONG same old story"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Massive illegal immigration from Spanish speaking countries is creating this problem all over the country. Everywhere I go Hispanics are speaking exclusively in Spanish and even at that I am sure they aren't all illegal aliens. They are very arrogant about using their native tongue and they don't give a damn that we are an English speaking country. I don't care what language someone chooses to speak at home but out in mainstream America why not speak this nation's language?
The premise of Hispanics = Illegal is set, and it begins... thread ruined, antis once again prove their generalizing and discriminating ways.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Your own thread as PROOF of this morphing:

[url]//www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/1552095-hispanic-assimilation-has-failed.htm
This thread is specifically about its own title. Where did I include this in the illegal immigration forum?

You did.

Quote:
I'm thinking - "Oh cool an assimilation thread, this will be different from the numerous Hispanics = Illegals threads!! YAY"
Which I specifically mention failed assimilation which was not in this illegal immigration forum.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
This thread is specifically about its own title. Where did I include this in the illegal immigration forum?

You did.

Which I specifically mention failed assimilation which was not in this illegal immigration forum.
Agreed, and by post 7 an anti-illegal injected the notion that Hispanics are Illegal Aliens.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
What legal hispanic is leading a crusade against illegal immigration?
Umm Marco Rubio...

Retired Army Colonel Al Rodriguez

Old 05-01-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Agreed, and by post 7 an anti-illegal injected the notion that Hispanics are Illegal Aliens.
If you read post 7 Chicagonut was replying from a previous post on uncontrolled immigration. Chicagonut said "I am sure they aren't all illegal aliens" which was clarified.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
If you read post 7 Chicagonut was replying from a previous post on uncontrolled immigration. Chicagonut said "I am sure they aren't all illegal aliens" which was clarified.
LOL @ having to say that... ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration