Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I found this youtube on how Mexico treats illegal aliens from Central America very enlightening. Maybe we need to have more information on how Mexico guards its own borders, especially the Southern one. And an expose of how illegals are treated in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 11:23 PM

11,259 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I found this youtube on how Mexico treats illegal aliens from Central America very enlightening. Maybe we need to have more information on how Mexico guards its own borders, especially the Southern one. And an expose of how illegals are treated in Mexico.
3:15 to 3:30 on the video sums it all up. Great video. Disgusting, but a good watch nonetheless.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:59 AM

49 posts, read 72,432 times
Great video! I'm so sick of seeing the media only sympathize and stick up for the illegal agenda. It's refreshing to see the other side of things. I bet a lot of Americans would have a much different opinion if they knew these facts.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:21 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeMts View Post
Great video! I'm so sick of seeing the media only sympathize and stick up for the illegal agenda. It's refreshing to see the other side of things. I bet a lot of Americans would have a much different opinion if they knew these facts.

Very true, but you will always have that damn media painting a different picture of illegals. And as usual, some wittle sheep, will still buy into what the media is selling.
I would only hope in seeing the other side of things, that many Americans would change their outlook and feelings if they truly knew these facts.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:11 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
the USA should guard it borders and treat illegals the same way.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:11 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
US funds Mexico for this treatment to the tune of $1.5 B.

(http://insightcrime.org/security-police/merida-initiative/item/125-merida-initiative - broken link)
Quote:
The "Mérida Initiative" is a multi-billion dollar effort by the United States government to assist Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean in their fight against drug trafficking organizations. Proposed under President Bush and implemented under President Obama, the program has provided close to $1.8 billion in assistance to the region to date. About $1.5 billion has gone to Mexico, $300 million to Central America and $40 million to the Caribbean.
www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R41349.pdf

Old 05-03-2012, 11:11 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
When the Mexican government steps in on illegal immigration issues...I think the US should counter punch with our own questions about human rights and rights of undocumented folks in Mexico...maybe even interview some illegals caught in Mexico, and see how they were treated. How many have been offerred amnesty? How were their kids treated? How about medical treatment? Food?

E tu?

Old 05-03-2012, 11:13 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
When the Mexican government steps in on illegal immigration issues...I think the US should counter punch with our own questions about human rights and rights of undocumented folks in Mexico...maybe even interview some illegals caught in Mexico, and see how they were treated. How many have been offerred amnesty? How were their kids treated? How about medical treatment? Food?

E tu?

Problem: US funds this southern border enforcement...see my post above...but here is more on it:

http://www.fpc.state.gov/documents/o...ion/171385.pdf

Quote:
he Administration requested $282 million in Mérida assistance for FY2012. .... Balancing Assistance to Mexico with Support for Southwest Border Initiatives.

Last edited by Mach50; 05-03-2012 at 11:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration