Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 09:05 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,079,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Don't crack down on what for all intent are refugees. Crack down on the super evil drug armies that are butchering people. The pricks that are shipping in tons of coke that are ruining families and taking the food our of the mouths of children,

You are not going to get rid of working illegals....let them take the dirty jobs- and be ambitious yourself and take the better jobs....create an elite and a ruling class if you must- don't tell me you really want Jaun's job cutting the grass in the park...cos you don't.

If you are white and your family has been in the nation for generations- you already have a huge head start- don't blame some illegal for your lack of drive.
I already have and do Juan's job, in fact I rather enjoy it, besides it's not his job to take or accept. The rest of your comment is the same old same old....tired rhetoric.

Refugees? You mean economic refugees, sorry but there is no class or status for them, hence why they are illegals.

It's not the person doing the coke ruining his family, no, its the evil drug armies forcing that person to do coke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 09:13 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,140,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
LOL yeah that didn't come out right! I meant it's pathetic and one more reason why we have to crack down on illegals from Mexico. How come you don't see this same problem with other immigrants. I don't see Persians or Asians coming to my hospital in droves like I do illegal Mexicans. I'm just a racist gringo probably!
Could be because most legal immigrants don't try to get free medical services from the ER. Likewise, they
don't hide out until they spawn an "anchor baby" or two.

You have really got to respect the immigrants that come here the right way. That takes a lot of determination, hard work and pride. Something the illegal's from Mexico don't seem to have.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:09 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,337,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Don't crack down on what for all intent are refugees. Crack down on the super evil drug armies that are butchering people. The pricks that are shipping in tons of coke that are ruining families and taking the food our of the mouths of children,

You are not going to get rid of working illegals....let them take the dirty jobs- and be ambitious yourself and take the better jobs....create an elite and a ruling class if you must- don't tell me you really want Jaun's job cutting the grass in the park...cos you don't.

If you are white and your family has been in the nation for generations- you already have a huge head start- don't blame some illegal for your lack of drive.
The drug problem is an entirely different issue than illegal immigration. Both must be dealt with, however.
Who are these refugees that you think shouldn't be cracked down on? I don't recall anyone cracking down on refugees just illegal aliens.

A lot of American like those dirty jobs so why should they turn them over to illegal aliens? Many Americans like doing landscaping work. Not all Americans are cut out for white collared jobs and don't want them. Whose country is this anyways? Illegal aliens don't have a right to be here or to be working here. We can get rid of them we just have to force our government to take the right steps in order to do it.

Why are you bringing race into this? Many blacks and other citizens have been here since the founding of our country also. So to enjoy blue collared work one lacks drive?

Old 06-22-2012, 11:10 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,855,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
...One can come over on the VWP and decide to stay, Aos to 129F, or even straight to 130/485...
When saying "decide to stay", you ultimately mean they are trying to marry a U.S. citizen within 90 days from entering the country on the Visa Waiver Program. You have a fellow poster ("malamute") that feels even longer periods of time for non-immigrant entry (non-VWP countries, and he directs it almost exclusively at Mexicans) is marriage fraud. I can't fully believe that a VWP country national can legitimately have no intent to get married, and make that preferably life-long decision with a U.S. citizen in that 90 day period (but Thank You for giving it the airtime, when there is practically no discussion here of how the VWP is abused).

Let me restate, an I-129F for a fiance(e) is not usually filed for someone already within the United States. It is an entry visa. Whichever way the I-129F is used, it will not be processed quickly enough to keep the applicant entirely within legal status. Adjustment of Status (I-485) is to legal (perhaps conditional) residency, not to a non-immigrant visa (restated, marriage to a U.S. citizen is "immigrant intent", and even a K-3/K-4 requires the filing of an I-130).

What is your overall opinion in knowing that in almost all cases for what we are discussing, the applicant is extremely likely to go out-of-status (becoming an illegal alien) for a period of months or years?...

Quote:
...Romneys proposal is more of an amnesty then what Obama has simply done through policy, hence why I am in line with what Obama did on this.
Again, amazing to me on how Obama is catching more heat here, irrespective of his proven higher deportation levels. You expressed a willingness to encompass the spouses of U.S. citizens rather than DREAM-level applicants. I am interested to hear what you would define instead.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
What is your overall opinion in knowing that in almost all cases for what we are discussing, the applicant is extremely likely to go out-of-status (becoming an illegal alien) for a period of months or years?...
Citizen/out of status marriage should receive discretion and be able to adjust. Citizen/IA marriage should receive discretion and apply to adjust. LPR/out of status or LPR/IA marriage, discretion only. NOTE: Discretion doesn't mean permanence and can be deported, they are just simply a low priority at this time.

Quote:
Again, amazing to me on how Obama is catching more heat here, irrespective of his proven higher deportation levels. You expressed a willingness to encompass the spouses of U.S. citizens rather than DREAM-level applicants. I am interested to hear what you would define instead.
That's because of all the mis-information that came out about this from Friday through the weekend and all the news stories to include cable news giving out wrong info. The DREAMies were ecstatic with joy, Obama's polling increased, now however as they learn more, DREAMies are in for a disappointment and are already being deflated. They will become more so Aug 14.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:52 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,911,209 times
I know a lot of liberals who are dead set against amnesty, and allowing illegals to get a free ride. I love seeing the spongers deported.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:22 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,855,486 times
Quote:
Citizen/out of status marriage should receive discretion and be able to adjust. Citizen/IA marriage should receive discretion and apply to adjust. LPR/out of status or LPR/IA marriage, discretion only. NOTE: Discretion doesn't mean permanence and can be deported, they are just simply a low priority at this time...
A pretty close stance to how I feel, much of the mechanism is already in place for this, it just needs more information dispersal for better participation...

Old 06-23-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
A pretty close stance to how I feel, much of the mechanism is already in place for this, it just needs more information dispersal for better participation...
Up to now it was not meant for better participation among illegals, as it was an ICE choice to consider prosecuting based on priority. It is unclear if now they will be able to participate prior to being ensnared or after. IF anything they (DREAM eligible/attorney) will have to bring it to the attention of ICE during any encounter and will then possibly be able to qualify for discretion. It is not automatic, never has been.

http://www.legalactioncenter.org/sit...n-11-30-10.pdf

Old 06-25-2012, 11:40 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,911,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Yes Mexico! Go the hell back to where you came from!

Tax loophole costs billions - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

America has become a joke. The average tax paying middle class American is being screwed left and right by EVERYONE, their own government, wallstreet, illegals, etc. I wonder just how much we are going to take before we have another violent revolution and overthrow of our corrupt government.

I agree with you. I'm watching this country take a nosedive every day. And it is a tragedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration