Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 09:11 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times

Advertisements

Yes Mexico! Go the hell back to where you came from!

Tax loophole costs billions - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

America has become a joke. The average tax paying middle class American is being screwed left and right by EVERYONE, their own government, wallstreet, illegals, etc. I wonder just how much we are going to take before we have another violent revolution and overthrow of our corrupt government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 09:13 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
You think that's a pathetic reason? I think that's a damn good reason to crack down on illegals and their impact on this nation.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:26 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
But yet liberals only care about rich people who aren't a drain on taxpayers and already pay lots of taxes. But illegal immigrants draining the system and getting tax refunds? NO PROBLEM!!!! The more the merrier! And give them legal access to American jobs too while you're at it!!!

Liberals are losers. Liberal Ideology is dangerous.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:47 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You think that's a pathetic reason? I think that's a damn good reason to crack down on illegals and their impact on this nation.

LOL yeah that didn't come out right! I meant it's pathetic and one more reason why we have to crack down on illegals from Mexico. How come you don't see this same problem with other immigrants. I don't see Persians or Asians coming to my hospital in droves like I do illegal Mexicans. I'm just a racist gringo probably!

Old 06-19-2012, 09:51 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
LOL yeah that didn't come out right! I meant it's pathetic and one more reason why we have to crack down on illegals from Mexico. How come you don't see this same problem with other immigrants. I don't see Persians or Asians coming to my hospital in droves like I do illegal Mexicans. I'm just a racist gringo probably!
In my opinion, there are two classifications of immigrants. Illegal and legal. Race doesn't matter.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:39 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
In my opinion, there are two classifications of immigrants. Illegal and legal. Race doesn't matter.
Exactly! And it is important not to blur the lines between those two groups by putting the correct adjective (legal or illegal) in front of the word immigrant for clarities sake.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:45 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Exactly! And it is important not to blur the lines between those two groups by putting the correct adjective (legal or illegal) in front of the word immigrant for clarities sake.
But I thought that "Mexican" was always used here in the context of being an illegal alien. Why worry about clarity in terminology, remember? I can easily think of a dozen times you and I degenerated a topic into a specific argument about it.

Not that I intend that this become another to the count, just trying to point out that you and others have stated the exact opposite to your opinion above before...

Old 06-20-2012, 08:52 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But I thought that "Mexican" was always used here in the context of being an illegal alien. Why worry about clarity in terminology, remember? I can easily think of a dozen times you and I degenerated a topic into a specific argument about it.

Not that I intend that this become another to the count, just trying to point out that you and others have stated the exact opposite to your opinion above before...
Yes, Mexicans are here in the largest numbers illegally. Your point is? That doesn't negate the fact that there are illegal aliens/immigrants and there are legal aliens/immigrants. They are two entirely different groups. If others in here have only used the word Mexican to describe illegal aliens then talk to them. It hasn't been me.

Some things are obvious as to what a person means and some aren't. Many articles have been posted in here where the term "immigrants" or "immigrant community" have been used. What group are they talking about? Someone who writes and article should certainly be clearer than that in their terminology usage. I am sure that legal immigrants don't want to be lumped in with the illegal kind.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:11 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post

More to the point the anti's have finally come out of the closet and openly admitted that it is all immigration that they are against. Oh wait just until we get our house in order.
We need to take care of our own first. Who is our own? Only those who dont have relatives in other countries?
only those who have family members who either wont find work or refuse to work for less than they are accustomed?
Now its 2 inds of immigration. Legal and Illegal.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:43 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
More to the point the anti's have finally come out of the closet and openly admitted that it is all immigration that they are against. Oh wait just until we get our house in order.
We need to take care of our own first. Who is our own? Only those who dont have relatives in other countries?
only those who have family members who either wont find work or refuse to work for less than they are accustomed?
Now its 2 inds of immigration. Legal and Illegal.
I'm confused, it's always been 2 types of immigration with illegal immigration being bad as for one, it drives down wages. Is it that "work for less" you are talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration