Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2007, 04:50 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times

Advertisements

Ten out of 100 immigration questions are posted on AOL. Go tothe link and take the ten question test. How well did you do?

New Test Asks What 'American' Means - AOL News (broken link)

7 for 10 here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 05:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Got all ten once I read the questions correctly.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:03 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,147,531 times
100% correct...these are too easy.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:31 PM

447 posts, read 798,074 times
i took the test too, and passed, but, i wonder if the level or quality of the current school system is really the problem, if say , someone did fail. i know my kids have failed in many classes, because some teachers, who are bi-lingual in spanish cater(just like the government) to spanish acheivers, over english speaking under-acheivers.
our schools are over crowded, and why??? because of illegal immigration, and also because of some inter-state relocation and legal immigration...different things. and we can thank no child left behind for that...no child left behind? my @ss....no child but billy and susie brown.
i remember coming through albuquerque every year as a child, and thought how small is was.
now, after moving here as an adult, not seeing the city in ten years or so, i could see there had been a big change.
a town full of native americans and hispanics and whites at a close gap, had become a city full of predominately non speaking mexicans.
don't ever call a hispanic a mexican, unless you are his or her bbf...they dont like it, they even tell me the dialect is different, and that they have a hard time sometimes understanding what they are saying.
i moved here 14 years ago, and have seen it everyday ,the number of non english speaking hispanics moving into town.
i work with people daily, as a cashier, and am glad i work with a spanish lady, who translates for me... i hope she likes me and is translating correctly for me...
.of course, after living in new mexico for a long time, i can understand some, but no where near enough spanish...sometimes i feel like i should learn more...to communicate with them....as any god fearing person would want.
then i wake up...and i think, yes, that may be true, but wasn't this my country?once, a long time ago, before my husband was hurt by one of these illegal immigrants.
i sat angrily at home watching the news about the mexican marches, demanding we respect the mexican illegal, after embarrassing my 15 year old son, who has different opinions than mine sometimes.
after picking up my son from school that day i ended up smack dab in the middle of the albuquerque march not expecting the turnout....the four lane road was jam packed with legal and illegal hispanics, the sidewalks and parking lots were full of people.
mexican flags were being waved out of cars, on the streets everywhere there was a mexican flag people were hooting and hollering,mexican music played loudly from stereos(not unlike what we did to noriega) i only saw the american flag rising from a few other cars, patriots like me..people who were sick and tired...and i lost it, i yelled out to a car full of mexican boys,"are you willing to go to iraq and fight for the freedom you're demanding?!?!?!?!"
my son sunk into the seat, screaming at me that he had to live here, with these other boys, how could i embarrass him like that ?
as i looked at the boys in the other car, in unison, they all responded to my question, "QUE?"
i knew in that moment that some, but not all are here for good reasons, even if they could speak english, they chose not to , out of disrespect for america.
they wave their flag as a battle cry...they exposed themselves...we did not.
and these colors do not run.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
As I have opined on in the past: the tipping point was those idiotic illegal immigrant 'rights' demonstrations last year-------especially those fools flying Mexican flags.

What does concern me is the pendulum swinging too much the other way and any 'Latino' looking person (as in Arab, Iranian, Italian, Native American, mulatto, Black Irish, etc) getting hassled by both the authorities and more ominously, Neo-Nazi types--------never mind that several Hispanic countries gave sanctuary to the original WW II Nazi's (Argentina and Spain come to mind).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration