Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 12:15 AM

767 posts, read 1,750,003 times

Advertisements

A small measure of justice.

I only wish there was more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 12:49 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,144,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
A small measure of justice.

I only wish there was more.
That's great news. Serves them right for sneaking into a country that doesn't want them any way. All the
jobs they took, the anchor babies they had so they game the system & collect welfare checks. Kinda backfired when they got caught & deported, huh???

I have no sympathy for these people anymore. Obama has stopped most of the deportations, but hopefully
we can be rid of him in Nov. I think Romney has a lot better stance on this issue. Things might be looking
up. Like you said, I only wish there were more.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:07 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,863,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
...Obama has stopped most of the deportations, but hopefully
we can be rid of him in Nov. I think Romney has a lot better stance on this issue...
So you believe the article, but not the accounts about deportations under Obama?...

Here is the flipside: 'She isn't an immigrant, she isn't illegal'

Old 07-20-2012, 02:15 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,182,120 times
I guess it's not easy to go to Mexico and get free education and healthcare, even for children of Mexican citizens.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:38 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,803,028 times
Is that to say Americans born to Mexicancitizens aren't eligible to collect government benefits? Those children had no say in going to Mexico!!! It's the parents fault, not theirs!!! WTH is wrong with Mexico???

It appears that those little Americans are considered illegals in Mexico.

What a great way to DISCOURAGE illegal Mexicans in the US to return to Mexico with their American bambinos - no government bennies for your baby!!!! This will only ENCOURAGE Obama to find another excuse to justify why illegals should be given amnesty. How would that go? We must give undocumented Mexican illegals amnesty because their own government is denying their children who are American citizens government benefits.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:47 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,803,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So you believe the article, but not the accounts about deportations under Obama?...

Here is the flipside: 'She isn't an immigrant, she isn't illegal'
Why did she wait 13 years to fix the situation. She couldn't find ONE person who could speak English to help her? Does the American Embassy only employ Spanish speaking Americans? I was under the impression that ALL Embassies employ people who are bi-lingual, capable of speaking the native language and English of the country they are based. If you give birth outside the US you can go to the US embassy to register the birth and obtain the proper documents to re-enter the US and enable her to apply for a passport. Embassies have liasions for the very purpose of helping people to sort out any problems that Americans experience, which liasions are bi-lingual.

If US immigration would not accept the Mexican birth certificate when she returned to the US, how was she able to get the baby entry?

IMO, something is wrong with the story.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:52 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,435,018 times
Quote:

Leyva says her U.S.-citizen children will not stay in Mexico beyond childhood.
Her eyes moistened as she told of how they often ask when they will return to the United States. "When they are old enough, they will leave," she said. "Their future is not here. Their children will have papers; the children of their children will also have papers. The problems will end."
This, my friends, is why we must end jus soli citizenship in the US.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:53 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,863,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Why did she wait 13 years to fix the situation. She couldn't find ONE person who could speak English to help her? Does the American Embassy only employ Spanish speaking Americans? I was under the impression that ALL Embassies employ people who are bi-lingual, capable of speaking the native language and English of the country they are based. If you give birth outside the US you can go to the US embassy to register the birth and obtain the proper documents to re-enter the US and enable her to apply for a passport. Embassies have liasions for the very purpose of helping people to sort out any problems that Americans experience, which liasions are bi-lingual.

If US immigration would not accept the Mexican birth certificate when she returned to the US, how was she able to get the baby entry?

IMO, something is wrong with the story.
I don't know the specifics of why U.S. citizenship isn't derived from the parent(s) in this case. Probably in proving the biological link with the lack of a birth certificate (and in reality, the girl would have Mexican citizenship by birth there, very similar to how it is in the United States). A simple DNA test should resolve it.

And all-too-similar to the midwife birth cases in Texas...

But at least the OP article shows it is only Mexican nationality that is gained for a child born to Mexicans abroad...

And again, specific to Mexicans, whether they were illegally present in the United States or not (my wife has a teenage Niece that returned to Mexico when her father got tired of the crime in Houston, where she is having trouble from never learning Spanish)...

Old 07-20-2012, 09:42 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,616,180 times
So, let me get this straight. The government of Mexico facilitates the dumping of untold millions of its discarded citizens on hardworking U.S. taxpayers; and goes so far as to publish and distribute instruction pamphlets on the safest illegal mode of entry into the U.S., complete with information on U.S. government social service agencies, their "rights" as an "undocumented" immigrant, and other topics of interest to those who choose to violate the laws of our so-called sovereign nation.

The children brought to this country illegally, estimated in the millions, are entitled BY U.S. LAW (Plyler v. Doe), to a K-12 education, school meals, ESL classes, and in several states in direct contravention of Federal law, in-state college tuition. In addition, the government will issue ITINs, which the parents may use to file tax returns to receive child tax credits, even if they paid ZERO federal taxes. All costs are borne by U.S. taxpayers, estimated to be in the hundreds of BILLIONS annually.

To sweeten the pot, President Obama has offered untold millions of their children deferred action, which, if eligible, will grant them a work permit, SSN, driver's licenses, and the legal right to remain in this country through a two-year renewal process, which, in reality, offers an indefinite presence. In addition, Napolitano has promised not to use their info to apprehend or deport their parents. Of course, subsequent to their deferred action, many will give birth and/or marry U.S. citizens, essentially guaranteeing their permanent existence in this country.

To show their gratitude for the enormous generosity of the United States, Mexico, will in turn, deny even the most basic human rights to the U.S.-born children of its returning citizens.

Where's the outrage from "immigrant" advocates -- La Raza, LULAC, MALDEF, CASA; pro-illegal Democrats in Congress; pro-illegal MSNBC and other media outlets; or illegals and their supporters who protest in OUR streets, demonize Arizona for SB 1070 and other states for "draconian" laws, have sit-ins, engage in civil disobedience, threaten to starve themselves, etc? Why isn't Obama formerly castigating the Mexican government? Why isn't the UN or Amnesty International responding? Oh, that's rights, it's only inhumane, discriminatory, xenophobic, nativism, or a human rights violation if the children of illegals are not given the red carpet treatment in the United States. This BS is beyond belief.

I couldn't access the article from the posted link, so I read the story from the following. I assume the info is the same. How can any pro-illegal defend this?

Quote:
Because of the byzantine rules of Mexican and U.S. bureaucracies, tens of thousands of those children without Mexican citizenship now find themselves without access to basic services in Mexico – unable to officially register in school or sign up for health care at public hospitals and clinics that give free check-ups and medicines.
U.S.-Born Children Of Migrants Lose Rights In Mexico

Old 07-20-2012, 10:21 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,616,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Is that to say Americans born to Mexicancitizens aren't eligible to collect government benefits? Those children had no say in going to Mexico!!! It's the parents fault, not theirs!!! WTH is wrong with Mexico???

It appears that those little Americans are considered illegals in Mexico.

What a great way to DISCOURAGE illegal Mexicans in the US to return to Mexico with their American bambinos - no government bennies for your baby!!!! This will only ENCOURAGE Obama to find another excuse to justify why illegals should be given amnesty. How would that go? We must give undocumented Mexican illegals amnesty because their own government is denying their children who are American citizens government benefits.
You hit the nail on the head. This is EXACTLY what will be used to support granting amnesty to every Mexican illegal. How can we possibly deport these folks, given the inhumane treatment their U.S.-born children will receive? We certainly can't allow the children to remain here and be separated from their parents. Naturally, the entire family must stay.

Meanwhile, they can continue to feed billions monthly into Mexico's economy through their faithful remittances. This is some strange pathology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration