Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2007, 08:52 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times

Advertisements

GARDEN CITY, N.Y. - A series of immigration raids last week snared 186 people, many of whom federal authorities identified Monday as gang members, although a top local police official disputed the gang figures and said his officers would not cooperate in future arrests.

The arrests, part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Community Shield operation, targeted members of street gangs, including MS-13, the Latin Kings and Vatos Locos, said special agent Peter J. Smith, of the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement office, a division of the DHS.

Of the 186, 92 were arrested in Nassau County and 65 were taken into custody in Suffolk County. Included were 157 gang members or associates, who were held on menacing, weapons violations and other charges, Smith said. Most likely would face deportation back to their native countries, he added.

186 people captured in Long Island immigration raids -- Newsday.com (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 08:56 PM

201 posts, read 1,282,573 times
I feel no remorse for Criminals that are illegal that get deported. They are trash.
However, poor innocent ones I feel for.
There lives (the non gangmembers) have been ruined. They now have no hope of EVER living a quality life.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:03 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,572 times
So the local cops don't want to participate in future arrests? This is so typical. All federal funds should be cut off until the local police decide to actually care about enforcing the law.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:30 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPete2Charlotte View Post
I feel no remorse for Criminals that are illegal that get deported. They are trash.
However, poor innocent ones I feel for.
There lives (the non gangmembers) have been ruined. They now have no hope of EVER living a quality life.
What innocent ones? You mean the ones THAT BROKE THE LAW sneaking into our country??? We have the right to decide who we let in to this great nation. I understand that many people want that right but it isn't something that they can just take. To do so is illegal. The huge influx of illegals is seriously lowering legal citizens quality of life. Think about it the next time you see all of those tax dollars drained from your check. Do you know how many billons of dollars each state pays to take care of illegals? It's nice to be compassionate but you must be realistic too. I for one can't afford to take care of illegals and my family. My family comes first.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:33 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
Being here illegally - does not make the innocent..So you really need to rephrase that.

We have our own Poor Americans ─ who need help. We don't need to spend our tax dollars on criminals, who shouldn't be here in the first place. Get rid of them!!!

Old 10-03-2007, 12:48 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,572 times
The only real solution to this has to be to secure our border. No matter what we do to enforce internal labor law it's useless unless we secure our border first.

Illegal aliens cost this nation tens of billions of dollars each and every year. This in a form of economic terrorism.

We need to not only build a fence across the entire southern border but put our military on the border as well, and let them do what they do so very well. Protect us from terrorists.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:04 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
The only real solution to this has to be to secure our border. No matter what we do to enforce internal labor law it's useless unless we secure our border first.

Illegal aliens cost this nation tens of billions of dollars each and every year. This in a form of economic terrorism.

We need to not only build a fence across the entire southern border but put our military on the border as well, and let them do what they do so very well. Protect us from terrorists.
Arizona's going to be building a fence. And then when that happens I imagine New Mexico and texas will follow as well. Im hoping when they take the troops home from the middle east they can put some on the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration