Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 10:25 AM

145 posts, read 509,199 times

Advertisements

Groups criticize Mi Pueblo grocery chain for using federal E-Verify program | abc7news.com

watch the video! its hilarious the way these illegals actually think anyone is going to help them with this many Americans out of work.

"This is a state that is very immigrant, proud workers,and we believe we have the right to work at a decent place, not to be fearful of ICE or Homeland Security or anyone else," union organizer Gerardo Dominguez said.

^LOL

"They're not a friend of the immigrant community, but rather an agitator in the immigrant community," Fr. Jon Pedigo of Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish said. "By employing E-Verify and doing the kind of work that they're doing, they're instilling fear and division among the people."

^ WTF
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 11:01 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times
Any measure that attempts to enforce our laws, or expose illegal employers/employees is criticized by the pro-illegal lobby. I suspect soon, Obama will prohibit the use of E-Verify on the grounds that it is "racist" and unfairly targets Hispanic illegal aliens. La Raza has fought tooth and nail against E-Verify. And, what La Raza wants, La Raza gets. I'm surprised Janet Murguia was not the DNC chairperson. She and the Hispanic Caucus pull Obama's strings. If he fails to comply, they will threaten to withhold the Hispanic vote.

We haven't seen anything yet. They have already managed to successfully portray all opponents as racists and Nazis, and supporters as being moral, compassionate people. Wait until they start arresting citizens for the "hate crime" of opposing illegal immigration. Don't think for one minute this is farfetched.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:09 AM

63,000 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfk View Post
Groups criticize Mi Pueblo grocery chain for using federal E-Verify program | abc7news.com

watch the video! its hilarious the way these illegals actually think anyone is going to help them with this many Americans out of work.

"This is a state that is very immigrant, proud workers,and we believe we have the right to work at a decent place, not to be fearful of ICE or Homeland Security or anyone else," union organizer Gerardo Dominguez said.

^LOL

"They're not a friend of the immigrant community, but rather an agitator in the immigrant community," Fr. Jon Pedigo of Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish said. "By employing E-Verify and doing the kind of work that they're doing, they're instilling fear and division among the people."

^ WTF
I couldn't help but feel sick reading this article. The constant reference to "immigrants" being discriminated against and the outrage at the thought of an employer having to be held accountable to hire legal workers was truly an eye opener to the minds of these boycotters and what they think of our nation and our laws.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I couldn't help but feel sick reading this article. The constant reference to "immigrants" being discriminated against and the outrage at the thought of an employer having to be held accountable to hire legal workers was truly an eye opener to the minds of these boycotters and what they think of our nation and our laws.
You are not alone. If I hear illegal aliens being referred to as "immigrants" one more time, I think I will scream. We will never solve this issue as long as politicians and pro-illegal citizens refuse to even acknowledge their illegal status. I heard a black guy this morning on MSNBC taking the moral high ground on behalf of Democrats, who, unlike the nasty Republicans, are willing to embrace the "immigrant" community. It is precisely these blatant lies and shameful pandering that convinced me to change parties, and why I am now an Independent. In all of my years as a Democrat, I have never seen such reprehensible behavior.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:30 PM

63,000 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You are not alone. If I hear illegal aliens being referred to as "immigrants" one more time, I think I will scream. We will never solve this issue as long as politicians and pro-illegal citizens refuse to even acknowledge their illegal status. I heard a black guy this morning on MSNBC taking the moral high ground on behalf of Democrats, who, unlike the nasty Republicans, are willing to embrace the "immigrant" community. It is precisely these blatant lies and shameful pandering that convinced me to change parties, and why I am now an Independent. In all of my years as a Democrat, I have never seen such reprehensible behavior.
It is blatant spinning of the truth. Have they no shame?

Old 09-07-2012, 02:45 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,736,185 times
Quote:
The opposition is coming from labor union and religious leaders, who have targeted Mi Pueblo in the past over overtime pay issues.
E-Verify checks immigration status against Social Security and Homeland Security records. Company Vice President Perla Rodriguez says existing employees are not affected.
"This is a decision that weighed heavily on us," Rodriguez said. "It's not something that we were looking to do, but we must embrace what is asked of us by the federal government."
However, critics say the community that shops here will not accept that decision. A boycott is set to begin early next month.
Mi Pueblo does acknowledge government pressure.
The greedy, aiding and abetting, unpatriotic unions needs to be abolished; the religious hypocrits need to be taxed out of "business" and those who keep pretending there is no difference between law abiding immigrants and criminal aliens need a reality check, stop pretending there is no difference and just shut up.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
The greedy, aiding and abetting, unpatriotic unions needs to be abolished; the religious hypocrits need to be taxed out of "business" and those who keep pretending there is no difference between law abiding immigrants and criminal aliens need a reality check, stop pretending there is no difference and just shut up.
The greedy union leaders wouldn't give a damn if Satan and all of his demons joined, as long as they can collect dues. And clearly, the so-called pastors would follow suit for tithes and offering. They are all disgusting.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:18 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,179,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfk View Post

^LOL

^ WTF
If they don't want to be fearful of ICE and Homeland Security, the best way is to use E-verify. As long as they don't use it, they're leaving themselves open to suspicion that they might have illegal workers.

There's a Mi Pueblo near my house, and I shop there frequently. The store is always clean, the employees friendly, and willing to to explain an unfamiliar item, even give you a sample. The meat and produce always looks fresh, and the prepared food is excellent. I, for one, will continue to shop there. By the way, Fr. Jon, if you want to do business in a country, it's always a good idea to follow their laws regardless of whether you agree with them, or not.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:53 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,736,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The greedy union leaders wouldn't give a damn if Satan and all of his demons joined, as long as they can collect dues. And clearly, the so-called pastors would follow suit for tithes and offering. They are all disgusting.

So true. I bet that if churches that aided and abetted illegal aliens were financially penalized for encouraging illegal behavior, they would change their tune.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:29 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,461,062 times
Instilling fear and division among the people? Good!! Than the illegals will leave, and any moron that supports it will realize how wrong they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration