Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,856,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You can't believe that this same policy won't apply to other states, do you? Why would Arizona be singled out other than Obama has a grievance against Arizona and the governor. That would be kind of vindictive wouldn't it? Arizona isn't the only state that has implemented sb1070 type laws. But if you just want to argue about Arizona what part of what I claimed and the link I provided didn't you understand that is means non-felon illegal immigrants will not be picked up by ICE under Obama's orders?
You gave me no evidence of any "orders" from Obama. This particular interaction was with Arizona. I have seen nothing sourced that would say this is a policy for all the law enforcement of other states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 05:34 PM

63,106 posts, read 29,291,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You gave me no evidence of any "orders" from Obama. This particular interaction was with Arizona. I have seen nothing sourced that would say this is a policy for all the law enforcement of other states.
Whom do you think that Homeland Security and ICE take orders from and why would one state be singled out for federal immigration policy? The article even stated it was the Obama administration. He just wanted to make an example out of Arizona because of his grudge against Gov. Brewer. If you think any other state who calls about having an illegal immigrant in their possession who doesn't have a felony record won't also be ignored then I don't know what to tell you.

The Obama administration said Monday it is suspending existing agreements with Arizona police over enforcement of federal immigration laws, and said it has issued a directive telling federal authorities to decline many of the calls reporting illegal immigrants that the Homeland Security Department may get from Arizona police.

Last edited by Oldglory; 10-18-2012 at 05:43 PM..

Old 10-18-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Whom do you think that Homeland Security and ICE take orders from and why would one state be singled out for federal immigration policy? The article even stated it was the Obama administration. He just wanted to make an example out of Arizona because of his grudge against Gov. Brewer. If you think any other state who calls about having an illegal immigrant in their possession who doesn't have a felony record won't also be ignored then I don't know what to tell you.

The Obama administration said Monday it is suspending existing agreements with Arizona police over enforcement of federal immigration laws, and said it has issued a directive telling federal authorities to decline many of the calls reporting illegal immigrants that the Homeland Security Department may get from Arizona police.
So it is a "source" of an assumption?...

Old 10-18-2012, 06:33 PM

63,106 posts, read 29,291,757 times
Quote:
So it is a "source" of an assumption?...
Keep spinning around in circles. It's fun to watch.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:37 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,389,718 times
What amazes me is that she was brazen or naive enough to even have "Guzman" as part of her name, much less mention that she was his daughter! While being his daughter in and of itself is certainly not a crime, why would she shove it out for all the world to see!
i.e. WHAT WAS SHE "THIMKING"??

Last edited by thedwightguy; 10-18-2012 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: spelling and word choice

Old 10-18-2012, 10:28 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,810,499 times
Quote:
It makes you wonder why with so much money and resources, she was caught coming through a Port of Entry (she should have used the "tunnel" underneath ). Money and resources that make it so you don't have to be on food stamps. The cartels prefer LPR and U.S. citizens members to handle their traffic into the United States - Precisely to get around troubles like getting caught on a false passport going through a Port of Entry.

Using a false U.S. passport is ultimately a lifetime ban from the U.S., when they get done with the other reasons to hold her. How does this relate to illegal aliens? She was caught on entry.
She was doing the exact same thing many illegals do to get over here -- fake and borrowed documents. Most illegals living the good life here never hiked miles through a desert, they came just this way. Luckily this illegal was caught.

I suspect this is the cartel's way of getting many members into the USA where they will infiltrate police forces and government agencies just like they did back home.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
False, false, and false. A U.S. citizen child does not provide immunity from being deported. The baby may be able to qualify for some benefits here, but is not of an age, with a mother that cannot be sponsored, to give her an immigration benefit.

There are mothers of U.S. citizens deported every day. This particular mother would never qualify for an Immigrant Visa (if her child reaches age 21, or she has someone else to sponsor her), the Consular Officer is going to refuse it based on the family's criminal background. Claiming that she would be able able to stay here with the child if she is only able to give birth is fictitious.
Obama has halted all deportations unless they have committed some horrendous crime.

The anchor babies system works very well or there wouldn't be so much of this going on.

The Juarez cartel has it's people in El Paso, there was even a violent incident involving consulate workers by the Juarez cartel because they were selling visas to the other cartel members.

Tons of corruption along the border. An incredible amount because no matter how bloody these people are, their money talks. Remember one of Guzman's wives recently was allowed to come over to give birth here, crime does pay. The famous drug cartel head "La Barbie" was born in the USA along with others.

The Reyes Salazar family who were working for the cartel was given refuge in El Paso, no matter how bad their family member El Sapo's crimes were. El Sapo worked for El Rikin -- and the La Linea branch of the cartel.

“El crimen, un acto de narcoterrorismo” - El Universal - Los Estados

But no problem --- the whole rest of the family is living as "refugees" on the taxpayer dime in the USA.

House of Death revealed a lot of the government goings-on as far as these criminals using this side of the border for their own gain and also to hide out.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
...I suspect this is the cartel's way of getting many members into the USA where they will infiltrate police forces and government agencies just like they did back home.
I suspect this is pure speculation on your part. The cartels can't even buy the influence they had before, targeted officers keep their loyalty better. It's evident it has been a long time since you have been in Mexico by what you put forward.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I suspect this is pure speculation on your part. The cartels can't even buy the influence they had before, targeted officers keep their loyalty better. It's evident it has been a long time since you have been in Mexico by what you put forward.
Nope --- not pure speculation. There is no doubt whatsoever that the cartel has great control already and has many of it's members living in the USA.

Remember --- they need great control over both sides of the border in order to bring their tons of drugs and human cargo over so easily. Everything that leaves Juarez enters El Paso. That takes a whole lot of corruption.

And there is no evidence that drug supplies are at all lowered.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
...The Juarez cartel has it's people in El Paso, there was even a violent incident involving consulate workers by the Juarez cartel because they were selling visas to the other cartel members...
So you are making allegations that Arthur Redelfs, who was a Detention Officer with El Paso County Sheriff's Office for 10 years, his wife pregnant wife Leslie Enriquez, a Consulate employee, and Jorge Alberto Salcido Ceniceros, a state police officer married to another Consular employee, were corrupt? Do you even realize part of the process to know the impossibility of "selling visas" from the U.S. Consulate? Didn't Ricardo "Chino" Valles de la Rosa, the gang member implicated in the hit, say that they targeted Redelfs because he was hard on gang members in the detention facility?

That goes against how the El Paso County Sheriff's Office praised Redelfs after his death:

Quote:
We will repeat what we said before -- that Arthur Redelfs was a professional who was well-respected

"Well-respected", except by you with baseless allegations...

I think I have a new way to define you now...

Quote:
Relatives and friends of sheriff Arthur Redelfs and his wife Lesley Ann weep during their funeral in El Paso, Texas. They were killed in Ciudad Juarez earlier in the month in an attack on US consular staff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration