Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 10:56 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
ATLANTA — On Monday afternoon, the Georgia Supreme Court will hear arguments in a case out of Gwinnett County in which a Mexican citizen claims the state law requiring driver’s licenses discriminates against illegal immigrants.
Cherokee Tribune - Illegal immigrant takes license case to state high court

This is yet another example of the sheer arrogance of illegal aliens. Why is the State Supreme Court even wasting taxpayers' funds by allowing this case to be argued? Had he bothered to obey our immigration laws, and not chosen to live in our country illegally, he would be eligible for a driver's license.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 11:16 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

This is yet another example of the sheer arrogance of illegal aliens. Why is the State Supreme Court even wasting taxpayers' funds by allowing this case to be argued? Had he bothered to obey our immigration laws, and not chosen to live in our country illegally, he would be eligible for a driver's license.
Like you; I don't what th hell is wrong with Feds. If we tried that crap in Mexico; we'd be sitting in a nasty jail there or worse.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:17 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Regardless, the knucklehead was driving an unregistered vehicle so he's still de-portable. They are trying to get it tossed on a technicality. Had he used 1/10th the time and energy coming legally as this defense to stay dug in he'd already be living legally.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 11-01-2012 at 11:28 AM..

Old 11-01-2012, 11:52 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

I don't get this concept that there is discrimination against immigration lawbreakers. They don't even have a right to be in this country much less to be handed a driver's license. How can anyone argue this case with a straight face?

Old 11-01-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't get this concept that there is discrimination against immigration lawbreakers. They don't even have a right to be in this country much less to be handed a driver's license. How can anyone argue this case with a straight face?
I don't think driving a car wherever the hell I want is my Constitutional right.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:12 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Of course there's no discrimination. Illegals just think they're above the law, and sadly, there are enough ambulance-chasing lawyers around to defend them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I don't think driving a car wherever the hell I want is my Constitutional right.
Absolutely. The last time I checked, a driver's license is a "privilege" not a Constitutional right. If they rule in his favor, we will know corruption abounds.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:47 PM

I can't believe the courts are wasting time with this crap.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:19 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Is this bizarro world or what ? An illegal using the US court system to obtain "rights" to services only citizens are supposed to have ?

I can only shake my head at the brazenness that is being displayed. They fear nothing and demand everything.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:59 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,586 times
Using this guy's reasoning, you might say anything reserved for citizens is dicriminatory, like voting and social services. Deportation, since it affects only illegal aliens, must be discriminatory also. The first time an illegal alien declared publicly that they were here illegally, they should have been put on the first thing smokin' back to wherever they came from.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 AM

9 posts, read 32,810 times
Wow... I (an American citizen) am almost amazed at how cruel you people can be. I totally agree as far as this guy is outta his mind being illegal and demanding certain rights. And I agree that a license is a privilege not a right. But to see how most comments talk about how illegal aliens should go back to where they came from and judge them all because of certain stereo types is just wrong and ignorant. Talk about "arrogance" Get educated!!! One thing is for sure "They fear nothing"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration