Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 11:25 AM

63,270 posts, read 29,369,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Obama sucks on this issue. But how can you deny that Republicans have relentlessly pandered as well? Mittens made it perfectly clear how much he would also pander to them. Do you really think he would punish illegals?

And yes Republicans are sexist, hyperreligious nuts. Republicans have made repeated statements indicating their deep seated contempt for higher education. From Nixon to Santorum this kind of hatred of anyone with a brain is a meme of the Reps. They've also relentlessly attempted to shove religion down our throats in the most evil way imaginable. Crazy, celebate, pedophile shielding old Catholic men are handed the right to talk about marriage and women as if they knew anything about it. Moronic preachers with degrees from Stupidsville are given the power to make policy on climate change as if they had two brain cells to rub together.

Given the party's disgusting statements about rape they certainly don't like women very much. Mittens said he'll give us jobs and then let us out early so we can go clean up the menfolk's houses and watch their children.

The ideal Republican woman is Ann Romney: kinder, kucher and kirche are all she thinks about. It's sick and disgusting. We're not allowed any power. Ann Colter even said women shouldn't be voting. If the Reps thought they could get away with it they'd most certainly repeal the 19th amendment.
The Republicans haven't pandered to Hispanics anywheres near as much as the Democrats have. Has Romney promised an amnesty for illegal immigrants if elected? No he hasn't. He is for removing the incentives for them to remain here or to come here.

You're stereotyping the Republicans on the other issues on a fringe element's views and that isn't fair or right. I'd like you to provide a link to all your claims. Some of them are way out there and I believe have been twisted or exaggerated. Really, they have no place in the illegal immigration forum anyway. By the way, Romney's name is Mitt not Mittens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
And yet he made it perfectly clear in the debates that he would hispander just as much as Obama does. He said nothing against illegals. I know. I watched the debates and yelped at the televison when I heard the nonsense that came out of his mouth. But then again how would you know what Romney believes? He's a flip-flopper. The only thing he really cares about is lowering taxes for his fellow greedheads and gaining power.

The notion that the Reps would be hard on illegals is silly. Why would they deport their workers? Illegals are perfect for the Reps. They're cheap labor and they make the Reps look open minded so they can look good. Many are also extremely ridiciously religiously extremist Catholic and therefore anti-abortion extemists -- sexists who view women as nothing more than breeders. They're perfectly content to have three kids by the time they're 20, drop out of high school and work a menial job with garbage wages and no expectation of their employers. They're also perfectly content with a corrupt government that one looks to cheat rather than work with.

They're natural Republican voters.
It really pains me to read such unwarrented hatred and stereotyping of the Republican party as a whole. As I said, in keeping with the illegal immigration forum the rich Democrats are just as guilty of hiring, cheap, illegal labor and they are the party pandering to Hispanics based on giving amnesty to illegal immigrants, not the Republicans.

Last edited by Oldglory; 11-06-2012 at 11:41 AM..

Old 11-06-2012, 07:51 PM

26,666 posts, read 28,828,491 times
In defense of Massachusetts, it is only certain places like elitist/crazy Cambridge and its neighboring city of Somerville that do stupid things like banning certain words. Can't say "illegal"? illegal. illegal. illegal. I think I'll go there tomorrow and say it.

I talk to a lot of people and NO ONE is in favor of illegals. We are a Democratic state and lean to the liberal side but it's only a small percentage of us who are so far left and nutty that we are in favor or illegal immigration.

Please come and visit our beautiful state and you can see for yourself.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
In defense of Massachusetts, it is only certain places like elitist/crazy Cambridge and its neighboring city of Somerville that do stupid things like banning certain words. Can't say "illegal"? illegal. illegal. illegal. I think I'll go there tomorrow and say it.

I talk to a lot of people and NO ONE is in favor of illegals. We are a Democratic state and lean to the liberal side but it's only a small percentage of us who are so far left and nutty that we are in favor or illegal immigration.

Kudos to you for praising your state. Wish I could say the same about mine.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:39 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,800,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
A murderer in Somervile is considered to have committed an "unjustifiable homicide"?
No; it is delayed abortion.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:21 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,929,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

No one favors illegal immigration. We think they should be allowed to immigrate legally and not be forced to resort to marrying people or spending years dealing with immigration attorneys at the hope of one day being able to get a green card.

Massachusetts cares about all of its people and with the amount of illegal Brazilians here I have yet to hear of a raid or deportation and they generally are everywhere and work everywhere. They are great family people and friendly.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:52 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,181,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Here's another example of the Mass ******* mentality:

-Gov. Deval Patrick

Illegal immigration is not to blame for fatality, Patrick says - The Boston Globe

Drunk driver? Throw the book at him. Immigration violation? Not so much............

So what Patrick is saying is that even if this illegal alien wasn't here, the victim's fate was to be killed by a drunk driver, and it would have happened anyway?

Old 11-06-2012, 11:11 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,181,149 times
You can't legislate speech anymore than you can legislate thought. About the only thing they can do is ban the word illegal from official city business.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
No one favors illegal immigration. We think they should be allowed to immigrate legally and not be forced to resort to marrying people or spending years dealing with immigration attorneys at the hope of one day being able to get a green card.

Massachusetts cares about all of its people and with the amount of illegal Brazilians here I have yet to hear of a raid or deportation and they generally are everywhere and work everywhere. They are great family people and friendly.
That woud mean erasing our quotas though. Quotas are set to fit the needs of our country for new immigrants. From what I surmise you are suggesting that we just let them all in regardless of whether we have jobs and resources for them and regardless of population growth?

I am sure there are many American lawbreakers that love their families and are friendly. Does that mean we should excuse their lawbreaking?

Old 11-07-2012, 07:31 AM

86 posts, read 254,882 times
Its not illegal to be illegal in MA, just ask Martha Coakley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration