Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 12:05 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Court documents say Perez Santillán, 30, of Matamoros was helping undocumented immigrants swim the narrow international boundary to get to Texas. His older sister, Juanita, says he was cutting twigs for fuel to cook the tamales she and their mother sold by the riverside.
“Shot right through the heart,” his sister said in Spanish, eyes welling. She said witnesses at the scene heard agents shouting, “Let the dog die.”
“I want that there is justice and help to support his children,” she said. “They say that we're animals. But really, on the (U.S.) side, if you kill an animal, they care more.”
Perez Santillán's family is seeking justice in U.S. civil court, under the U.S. Constitution, for monetary damages paid by U.S. federal agencies.
Rosenthal isn't the original lawyer in the case, and he said it's not clear whether Perez Santillán was involved in illegal immigration, although the family's previous lawyer conceded in the court records that he was smuggling immigrants that day.

Read more: Death of man in Mexico raises constitutional question in U.S. - San Antonio Express-News

I am so sick of these lying, greedy people thinking that they have a right to invade and/or aid and abet anyone who wants to illegally cross our borders. I want there to be justice too. Stay on your side of the border and there will be justice for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 01:40 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,671,954 times
Mexico never takes responsibility for their citizens. Its an outrage. I am sure its more to the story, because the illegals side is the only side told.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:09 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Isn't this the story with video? The one that sounds like someone is shooting up the whole place, including the airboat the agents were in?

Old 11-26-2012, 03:49 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
The smugglers very often leave their human cargo in the desert to die. This man was pure scum, a waste of air.

The family wants to benefit very nicely from his death because they're all low-lives themselves who care more about money than about anything.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Mexico never takes responsibility for their citizens. Its an outrage. I am sure its more to the story, because the illegals side is the only side told.
It is indeed an outrage. The country operates like an orphanage with what they perceive as the smartest kid elected as president. Unfortunately, the US seems to feel the need to coddle them and allow that country to never grow up or take responsibility for itself or the actions of its' citizens.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The smugglers very often leave their human cargo in the desert to die. This man was pure scum, a waste of air.

The family wants to benefit very nicely from his death because they're all low-lives themselves who care more about money than about anything.
Suing the US for anything that happens near the border now seems to routinely become the fault and responsibility of the US. They have been allowed to infiltrate our legal system and their lawsuit and get rich quick schemes have become the norm.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:33 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Just another piece of garbage wrapped in skin that got what he had comming. Good riddance.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:01 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,381,304 times
Murdering people and calling them dogs is nothing to be happy about.....also, all of your responses to this story are both offensive and disgraceful in my opinion.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:33 PM

1,059 posts, read 831,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Murdering people and calling them dogs is nothing to be happy about.....also, all of your responses to this story are both offensive and disgraceful in my opinion.
Please don't confuse dogs with illegal aliens, ok? Me, I am glad to hear our border patrols are doing their jobs! Too bad this doesn't happen more often -- it may finally get through to the dirtbags that we do not tolerate this behavior.

It is obvious that human life is not valued in Mexico, what with the drug cartels, human smugglers, etc. We have enough of our own home-grown lawbreakers and don't need any other countries' troublemakers, no sirree.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:43 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,381,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
It is obvious that human life is not valued in Mexico, what with the drug cartels, human smugglers, etc. We have enough of our own home-grown lawbreakers and don't need any other countries' troublemakers, no sirree.
But wait, please explain how US border agents murdering people is valuing human life? It would seem to me that human life is apparently not valued here either...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration