Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 03:25 PM

348 posts, read 1,022,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i take it none of you have ever seen OUTFOXED, a documentary with fox news employees testifying that they are forced to slant the news for a political objective.

OUTFOXED : Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism

theres a link to the full version.
I want facts

Old 10-15-2007, 03:31 PM

1,511 posts, read 980,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom4 View Post
I want facts
watch the video. its full of them.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:44 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,472,901 times
Quote:
i take it none of you have ever seen OUTFOXED, a documentary with fox news employees testifying that they are forced to slant the news for a political objective.

OUTFOXED : Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism

theres a link to the full version.

Let me get this straight. You are insulting Fox News and basically saying it is right wing conservative slant and then give us a very far left liberally slanted video to disput them............and you say we are outfoxed? LOL

I'll choose Fox News like millions and millions of others have. In fact they recently had a poll on what news was more fair and ballanbced and even the liberals chose Fox yet still try to discredit them because it's not the truth they want you to hear, it is the propaganda.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Let me get this straight. You are insulting Fox News and basically saying it is right wing conservative slant and then give us a very far left liberally slanted video to disput them............and you say we are outfoxed? LOL

I'll choose Fox News like millions and millions of others have. In fact they recently had a poll on what news was more fair and ballanbced and even the liberals chose Fox yet still try to discredit them because it's not the truth they want you to hear, it is the propaganda.
media is a business. they have no reason to be objective if the money isnt there. NPR is publicly funded. they have every reason to be objective.

as far as the slant of the video is concerned, it is most definitely anti-fox. i dont think theres necessarily a political objective. they are just showing fox news's tactics to induce slant and exposes their lack of objectivity. and they prove it with fox news's own video. if that isn't concrete proof, i don't know what is. can you tell me?

Old 10-15-2007, 04:01 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,214,988 times
I like NPR most times but tell me how many illegals are blocking driveways and having loud parties on Beacon Hill?

Old 10-15-2007, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I like NPR most times but tell me how many illegals are blocking driveways and having loud parties on Beacon Hill?
wow, a ticketable offense. tell me how many citizens are having loud parties in hollywood? lets deport them!

Old 10-15-2007, 04:12 PM

115 posts, read 482,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amichel View Post
Can I show you something better than NPR? You bet. In my personal opinion, Fox is vastly more fair and balanced than NPR. This does not mean I think Fox is perfect, just better than NPR at being fair and balanced.

Thanks for the laugh.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:12 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,472,901 times
Quote:
media is a business. they have no reason to be objective if the money isnt there. NPR is publicly funded. they have every reason to be objective.

as far as the slant of the video is concerned, it is most definitely anti-fox. i dont think theres necessarily a political objective. they are just showing fox news's tactics to induce slant and exposes their lack of objectivity. and they prove it with fox news's own video. if that isn't concrete proof, i don't know what is. can you tell me?

MOD CUTAs you have stated NPR is publicly funded. That means they have their money no matter what. They do not have to work for their money because it is coming out of the taxpayers pocket.

On the other hand if a program does not produce a program people want (notice I said want) they will make no money. They have to work for their money. Take a look at the very liberally slanted MSNBC. They are low on the totem pole in ratings because most people do not want to listen to that tripe.

MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-15-2007 at 06:14 PM..

Old 10-15-2007, 04:17 PM

115 posts, read 482,032 times
Quote:
Your youth is showing. As you have stated NPR is publicly funded. That means they have their money no matter what. They do not have to work for their money because it is coming out of the taxpayers pocket.

On the other hand if a program does not produce a program people want (notice I said want) they will make no money. They have to work for their money. Take a look at the very liberally slanted MSNBC. They are low on the totem pole in ratings because most people do not want to listen to that tripe.

Did you go to school in a liberal state?
So let me get this straight....Fox is reliable and dependable because they get good ratings?

Sign me up then I guess.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:25 PM

Quote:
As you have stated NPR is publicly funded. That means they have their money no matter what. They do not have to work for their money because it is coming out of the taxpayers pocket.

Here are the "7 Violations of Media Objectivity":

Misleading definitions and terminology.
Imbalanced reporting.
Opinions disguised as news.
Lack of context.
Selective omission.
Using true facts to draw false conclusions.
Distortion of facts.

7 Principles of Media Objectivity, Rabbi Shraga Simmons,UPJF.org - Union des Patrons et des Professionnels Juifs de France,upjf, désinformation, antisémitisme, juif, racisme, terrorisme, attentat, irak, iraq, lobby

notice that the examples cited are private businesses. cnn, ny times, etc.

fox news falls under the same category. the video i posted documents that.

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-15-2007 at 06:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration