Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 05:45 PM

17 posts, read 14,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
You do not have a link to prove what you said about illegal aliens receiving numbers when they come here hm, illegally.

Welcome to my ignore list.

PS: Punctuation and capitalization go a long way.
people that come here LEGALLY and over stay do receive numbers.
and I'm not too concerned about punctuation right now

Old 11-28-2011, 06:01 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy244 View Post
if someone is just a few months old when brought here and grows up here than I would think that they see this as their home. Why be mad at someone who's just like you for something that the parents did
Who said anything about being mad? They simply need to go back to their real homelands along with their illegal parents.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:01 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy244 View Post
I hope you find out one day that one of your good friends who you care about was brought here illegally, than maybe you would have a different view on the situation
So, how would you handle your sweet friend if you found out they were a felon? If they had a sketchy background? I'd be pretty bummed and PO'd if I found out any of my relatives or friends committed such wrongs. Where do you direct your anger, the person committing it or "we the people"?

Old 11-28-2011, 06:10 PM

267 posts, read 175,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I'm curious on knowing what people would do in this situation.

I guess if you are an adult and decided to put yourself in this situation at least you were conscious of the consequneces of it, but what if you were an innocent child who was born in this situation, what would you do in both cases?

I decided to ask this question to other forum users because we can't deny the existance of this phenomenon, I personally don't support ilegal immigration because there are a lot of consequences with it, both for the immigrant, the citizens of the country he decided to immigrate and the immigrant's family, but i'm unsure on the way this problem should be solved specially because this is an issue that creates divisions between people, however there is something in which everyone who has sticked to this forum agrees, we are all concerned about this phenomenon and want something done about it, some for economic reasons, some because their lifes have been profoundly affected by it and some because they are sympathetic with immigrants and believe deportation or criminalization is not the solution and a more humane approach should be taken, and there must be a lot of other reasons for sure that will continue being talked here, that's why I thought it would be interesting to know the answers of people with different views toward illegal immigration on these 2 questions.

So what would you do if you were in the shoes of an illegal immigrant?
and what would you do if you were an illegal immigrants son?

Respect!
Well, first thing I would do, is go to the welfare office, and get my free food stamps, housing, cash, free medical/prescriptions. (medicaide)Then sign up my kids for some free schooling, and free lunchs, dinners and snaks. Then I would go into the street and DEMAND my rights, while holding a Mexican flag. TIC.
I came here LEGALLY, my family paid the money, got a sponser, filled out the forms, we got shots, and were checked for diseases. It was a long time ago, but OUR mindset , was NOT TO DO A CRIMINAL ACT. To abide by the law.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:14 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
First, this is an REALLY old thread.

Second, once everyone realizes that no matter what type of immigration policy we come up with we are always going to be dealing with a certain population that is going to try and game it for personal gain. How many people do we allow in a year to make everyone happy? Answer? It will never happen.

Unlimited immigration always brings issues as you are importing poverty. At some point you will pay the piper. Just look at the EU right now.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:20 PM

267 posts, read 175,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Hm, I live in America. That is how I know. You don't need to be friends with an illegal alien to know anything. You don't have to be related to one.

All you have to do is go hang out outside the Welfare Office for 20 minutes. Or go to any hospital in the Boston area....Go to any construction site.

My father came here LEGALLY.

Illegal aliens get no sympathy from me or any of my family members.

I and my family came here LEGALLY! This is part of why we are having a resurging of 'OLD DISEASES'. TB, Whooping Cough, measles, etc. Remember swine flu? Then the big outbreak of bedbugs. When you have illegals coming across the Rio, you can bet, they bring things with them. There is no checking. We also, lose revenue, when they come here illegally. Our laws need to change; ONLY CITIZENS can receive welfare, health care. illegals cost us about 340 billion a year to sustain them.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:21 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
First, this is an REALLY old thread.

Second, once everyone realizes that no matter what type of immigration policy we come up with we are always going to be dealing with a certain population that is going to try and game it for personal gain. How many people do we allow in a year to make everyone happy? Answer? It will never happen.
That's the pro-illegal mantra, "all we have to do is make them all legal and everything will be hunky dory". What they aren't considering is that we already have quotas for legal immigration based on our needs without negatively impacting our own citizens. Making 12 million or so illegals, legal, negates that sound policy. Obviously, we don't have jobs for the Americans and the legal ones already here based on our unemployment percentages. Not only that but adding these illegals which are mostly the poor and uneducated permanantly to our society would create an even larger burden on our welfare and social infrastructures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration