Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If amnesty passes will you ever accept these people as fellow Americans?
Yes 16 26.67%
If they learn English, Americanize, etc etc 9 15.00%
No 35 58.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 02:49 PM

10,258 posts, read 15,968,913 times

Advertisements

I never will. No matter what Obama does, these people will always be illegal to me. I will never accept them into my community or see them as my equals. And if they move to my neighborhood, myself and many around here will certainly, within the law (something they don't understand) make it clear to them that they are not welcome here.

And now thanks to Obamacare, all these people will also be benefiting from socialized medicine after being rewarded for their criminal acts. So obama truly was lying when he said that Obamacare will not benefit illegal aliens. And thi is he worst because there is no undoing this. Even Obamacare can be repealed and undone, maybe not in the next few years but in the future it is technically possible. Once these illegals get citizenship however we cannot go back there is no way constitutionally to remove their citizenship and make them illegal again and deport them. The arrogance of illegal aliens is disgusting enough it will only get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 03:07 PM

63,059 posts, read 29,256,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I never will. No matter what Obama does, these people will always be illegal to me. I will never accept them into my community or see them as my equals. And if they move to my neighborhood, myself and many around here will certainly, within the law (something they don't understand) make it clear to them that they are not welcome here.

And now thanks to Obamacare, all these people will also be benefiting from socialized medicine after being rewarded for their criminal acts. So obama truly was lying when he said that Obamacare will not benefit illegal aliens. And thi is he worst because there is no undoing this. Even Obamacare can be repealed and undone, maybe not in the next few years but in the future it is technically possible. Once these illegals get citizenship however we cannot go back there is no way constitutionally to remove their citizenship and make them illegal again and deport them. The arrogance of illegal aliens is disgusting enough it will only get worse.
My contempt and resentment will be and always has been for their supporters who blackmailed our politicians into caving into an amnesty especially those who did so based on a shared ethnicity. If not for their supporters these illegal immigrants would have been sent home packing long ago.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:25 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,508,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I never will. No matter what Obama does, these people will always be illegal to me.
Mighty harsh, unforgiving words. Did you feel similarly when the Congress approved amnesty during the Reagan years? By the way, this isn't the "Obama' plan, it'll have to be a Congressional plan. Supported fully, or not, by the President ... but the distinction is important.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:42 PM

424 posts, read 468,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Mighty harsh, unforgiving words. Did you feel similarly when the Congress approved amnesty during the Reagan years? By the way, this isn't the "Obama' plan, it'll have to be a Congressional plan. Supported fully, or not, by the President ... but the distinction is important.
I don't see your need to rub it in. They took it on the chin pretty hard, and probably don't need to be reminded about not realizing what was going to happen by ignoring it until 2007.

I'd wait about 10 years before being so smug about it. I don't think you're going to like the results of this very much.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:17 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,772,796 times
No.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:20 PM

157 posts, read 137,459 times
No. But even more so, I will never forgive those who betrayed this country.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:52 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,140,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
I don't see your need to rub it in. They took it on the chin pretty hard, and probably don't need to be reminded about not realizing what was going to happen by ignoring it until 2007.

I'd wait about 10 years before being so smug about it. I don't think you're going to like the results of this very much.
Just wait until there are about 15 million (or more) unskilled, non-english speaking people out there. All
of them working for "cash only' while they collect welfare, wick, food stamps and section 8 housing. Then
multiply that number by 4 ( got to bring Mom & Pop + cousins and nephews).

All that cheap labor plus free health care. What do you thnk thats going to do to compound the economic
drop we already have. 17 trillion in debt and now amnesty ? Obozo must have sh-t for brains.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:58 PM

157 posts, read 137,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Just wait until there are about 15 million (or more) unskilled, non-english speaking people out there. All
of them working for "cash only' while they collect welfare, wick, food stamps and section 8 housing. Then
multiply that number by 4 ( got to bring Mom & Pop + cousins and nephews).

All that cheap labor plus free health care. What do you thnk thats going to do to compound the economic
drop we already have. 17 trillion in debt and now amnesty ? Obozo must have sh-t for brains.
No, I don't think Obama is dumb at all! He knows what he's doing. What I don't understand is the "why." And it isn't just him. I actually heard Rubio say that after this "immigration reform," we would never do this again. Yet I read where the same thing was said back in 1986. They just can't all be stupid, can they?

Old 01-28-2013, 05:26 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,463,893 times
Nope. They will never be "fellow americans" in my eyes. Can't just waltz into my country (Illegally), mooch off the government, and bring this country down to its knees and expect me to accept you.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:36 PM

63,059 posts, read 29,256,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticat View Post
No, I don't think Obama is dumb at all! He knows what he's doing. What I don't understand is the "why." And it isn't just him. I actually heard Rubio say that after this "immigration reform," we would never do this again. Yet I read where the same thing was said back in 1986. They just can't all be stupid, can they?
I don't think that Reagan did it for votes. Not sure what his motive was. Obama on the other hand.... It really is dumb to sell your country down the river for votes and power, IMO. As you said in another post it certainly is a betrayal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration